A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 12:02:46 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chesapeake Struggling?  (Read 29568 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 11:03:26 pm »

It's all Obamacare's fault!  Grin

Let's not forget, Romney's a 'severe' conservative.

I wonder if they have warnings for those....

Shocked

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 08:04:05 am »

Didn't I hear Devon was following suit as well.

Lot of great class A space in OKc might be available soon. Also, arena naming rights.

That makes me very happy.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 09:14:51 am »

That makes me very happy.

How would that be good for Oklahoma?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 10:27:57 am »

How would that be good for Oklahoma?

The easy answer is that it wouldn't be. But you could argue that if the company could survive a bankruptcy, a Chesapeake without McClendon running it could be a far more stable company and better for Oklahoma long term. The problem is the “if”. You would not want to see the company carved up and sold off. Unless blind hatred of Oklahoma City has fogged your view.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 11:17:13 am »

Unless blind hatred of Oklahoma City has fogged your view.

Thats kind of it.  Also, There would be alot of assets up for grabs, just down the turnpike.  Who knows, maybe a basketball team.  JK.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 07:18:47 pm »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chesapeakes-mcclendon-chairman-post-165136096.html

and down goes Aubrey, down goes Aubrey. I hear a huge sucking sound coming from OKC.

Will he be known as the Bill Patterson of OKC oil and gas? AM might have pulled a Kavisto here...

Who will "takeover" his interest in The Thunder?
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 07:23:52 pm »

Who will "takeover" his interest in The Thunder?

*cough* Kaiser *cough*

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 08:20:42 pm »

*cough* Kaiser *cough*

Omg, I sure hope not.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 08:26:16 pm »

*cough* Kaiser *cough*

I very highly doubt that.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 08:41:38 pm »

Why not?

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 09:29:48 pm »

Why not?

He seems to be too highly involved in Tulsa to suddenly go spend a ton of money in OKC. I could be wrong, though.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 07:52:40 am »

I would be absolutely shocked if Kaiser took over McClendon's stake in the Thunder.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2012, 08:00:36 am »

He’s being replaced as chairman.  Nowhere did I read he was being booted out or selling out of the Thunder partnership so why are we speculating on that particular aspect in the first place?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 10:07:17 am »

Now is a good time to add Chesapeake to my watch list - $12 a share and I am getting in.
And if it goes below, keep on buying.

Just one good cold winter away from scoring big time....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 10:12:44 am »

I would be absolutely shocked if Kaiser took over McClendon's stake in the Thunder.

Agreed....more likely KF would end up with acreage and wells close to their own educated fields....

But Conan, I'd bet he has to eventually divest his Thunder interest. Maybe not his baseline ducats.

AM needs to join in with Boone's attack on Koch. Time has come for the wagons to circle the Wichita mob. They're self serving basterds who need to be isolated. All this time I thought Boone was a wingnut....

T. Boone Pickens: Biggest Deterrent To U.S. Energy Plan Is Koch Industries

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/t-boone-pickens-biggest-deterrent-u-energy-plan-125553999.html

I hope he's right about $4...I hear $1.20...Heir, be patient....don't try catching a falling knife.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org