A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 03:49:51 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: West 41st and Union....???  (Read 4189 times)
cks511
« on: November 04, 2008, 11:28:02 am »

A little over a month ago or so the Sinclair station at 41st and Union suffered heavy damage when a truck ran the stop sign hit a pump and kaboom.

Now I notice the lot directly north of the station and the houses directly east are being cleared.

Anyone know?...hoping it's a neighborhood gas/market.
rwarn17588
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 11:41:22 am »

Not positive, but I think the nearby homes were damaged, too. They were boarded up a day after the fire.
cks511
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 11:50:35 am »

Makes sense.  Thx.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 12:55:28 pm »

Those homes were boarded up prior to the incident. Incidentally, Lucky Lamons used to live in one of them.

I was told that QT bought everything around the Sinclair awhile back, but Don was digging in his heels and not selling. Don't know if the accident might have changed his plans.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 12:56:13 pm by TulsaMINI » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 01:34:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

I was told that QT bought everything around the Sinclair awhile back, but Don was digging in his heels and not selling. Don't know if the accident might have changed his plans.

Funny you should say "accident".

Queue the suspicious music and the guy fiddling with his mustache.
cks511
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 01:48:47 pm »

LOL...errr....nevermind.  I think Lamons home was the stone house just north of the station and it's now a flat dirt pad.  Whoever was in the house moved out before the crash. It was huge...the garage sale.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 02:25:12 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cks511

LOL...errr....nevermind.  I think Lamons home was the stone house just north of the station and it's now a flat dirt pad.  Whoever was in the house moved out before the crash. It was huge...the garage sale.

He didn't live in the stone house. And I didn't mean to imply he was the most recent occupant of the house. I was just sharing a little trivia that he at one time lived there.
cks511
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 02:30:20 pm »

That's what I get repeating what my neighbor said...LOL....but I do look forward to something being on that corner.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 03:13:03 pm »

I was coming back from voting and noticed the dump bed trucks in the yards of the two houses to the east of Don & Mary's.  

I liked the stone house to the north, sorry to see it go.  That site makes way more sense for a QT than 51st & Union.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 03:33:54 pm »

Yeah, but will Don sell?

Probably wishes he would have sold before, hindsight being 20/20.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 04:28:55 pm »

quote:

Yeah, but will Don sell?

Probably wishes he would have sold before, hindsight being 20/20.

My understanding is that it's Mary's parents who actually own the business.  With the property in the shape it's in now, I'm thinking the city could swoop in pretty easy and condemn it.  Not saying that QT engages in skullduggery, but I'm sure they will either make it worth their while to sell or get the city to make it worth their while.

I don't know their insurance situation and wish I'd have stopped in to chat w/ Don when I saw his Jeep there in the days after the incident.  I'll miss them, they are really colorful people and had the best kids.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Wilbur
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 05:33:36 pm »

quote:

Those homes were boarded up prior to the incident. Incidentally, Lucky Lamons used to live in one of them.

Lucky Lamons actually owned both of those houses east of the store and hoped to sell both homes to a business that wanted to move in.  Quik Trip would be a nice sell on his part.

Don't know if he still owned them prior to the sale or if he sold some time ago to someone else.
Who Cares
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 10:18:19 pm »

My friend lives next to the site and said that QT bought the property a few months ago and plan on building a pretty big store there. He was told by QT that they plan on closing the 51st and union store and the one on 33rd, which I hate to see close.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org