A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:09:27 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wilson's BBQ Catering, a review  (Read 5953 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 02:44:53 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

quote:
Originally posted by buzz words

Why not try Big Daddy's BBQ?

Good call. Went to the Jenks location over the weekend. I never had a rib  where all the meat literally fell off the bone. The bone was clean. Good hot links as well.

Also, can't dispute Albert G recommendation.

Props also to Oklahoma Style and Elmers.

Papa Tom's in Bixby managed to make their ribs fall off the bones.  I miss that place.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
perspicuity85
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 03:23:22 pm »

I like Billy Ray's on the west side.
Is Elmer's still on Brookside?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 05:41:24 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by breitee

Knotty Pine is the most underated BBQ joints in Tulsa. It is the Westsides best kept secret. It is almost never mentioned in discussions about great Tulsa BBQ, but let me assure you, it is one of the best around. The beans and slaw are excellent as well as the ribs. A perfect 10.

Yeah, but it's on the west side. [Wink]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 07:59:46 pm »

Yeah, I've driven past Knotty Pine several times, but had somehow never managed to go there. As one who loves to "know" the restaurants that are off the beaten path a bit, I'm glad to add it to my repertoire.

I'll be back soon for sure.

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
breitee
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 07:43:36 am »

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

quote:
Originally posted by breitee

Knotty Pine is the most underated BBQ joints in Tulsa. It is the Westsides best kept secret. It is almost never mentioned in discussions about great Tulsa BBQ, but let me assure you, it is one of the best around. The beans and slaw are excellent as well as the ribs. A perfect 10.

Yeah, but it's on the west side. [Wink]

Yeah, but that's what makes it so good!
joiei
City Father

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 09:12:00 am »

THere is some mighty good food to be found on the west side.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org