A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:34:50 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 51st & Harvard Area  (Read 5611 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 08:43:23 pm »

I miss Doc Nelson, but that is a bygone era. Used to remember him buzzing turkey mountain to scare "those people" away.

I also remember him referring to a rear-end accident as a "two-car Rock-y".  The middle age to older members of the forum can guess how that phrase got coined.  Most of us know I'm certain.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacks fan
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 08:50:11 am »

I miss Doc Nelson, but that is a bygone era. Used to remember him buzzing turkey mountain to scare "those people" away.

I think the one thing I remember most was in 88 or 89, a storm was moving in in the afternoon, and he was in the air doing reports around 4:30 or 5:00 and as he was on the air giving a report the tornado sirens in west Tulsa went off and the last words he said were " I have to put this thing down now!" he was talking to TIA tower saying he was going to land in feild near a school. Apparently the he and the producer had opened the radio just prior to the event. He landed safely and was back up 20 minutes later.
PepePeru
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 12:39:54 pm »

36th and Lewis, right after that beautiful 1"  layer of asphalt was put down, I saw some guys with a jack hammer already drilling through it.

Oh, and the layer of asphalt on the north bound lanes needed to be repaired and patched around 38th and Lewis before the south bound lanes were even done...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org