A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:25:54 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 71st & Hwy 169 Behind Best Buy  (Read 17163 times)
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 07:20:36 pm »

Yeah, I think they're on target for an early opening.  They could be done by late Spring if they wanted to.  They may be trying to wait out the downturn, though.  Limited service hotels are overbuilt nationwide, and they're fighting each other tooth and nail for what business there is.

The aloft won't necessarily have this problem, but similarity among brands tends to seriously muddy the water.  The differences between a fairfield inn, a hampton inn, a holiday Inn expresss, a comfort suites, staybridge suites, a springhill suites, or a clarion inn are almost impossible to tell -- from inside or outside.  Aside from your loyalty card, the difference is almost nil.
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 09:03:36 pm »

Yeah, I think they're on target for an early opening.  They could be done by late Spring if they wanted to.  They may be trying to wait out the downturn, though.  Limited service hotels are overbuilt nationwide, and they're fighting each other tooth and nail for what business there is.

The aloft won't necessarily have this problem, but similarity among brands tends to seriously muddy the water.  The differences between a fairfield inn, a hampton inn, a holiday Inn expresss, a comfort suites, staybridge suites, a springhill suites, or a clarion inn are almost impossible to tell -- from inside or outside.  Aside from your loyalty card, the difference is almost nil.

When I need a stopover place, I seriously consider one factor...is the indoor pool freezing cold or swimmable?  If it is, awesome, kids can swim themselves to sleep (after a good scrubbing Wink)  The Hampton Inn OKC Bricktown has a really nice pool setup for kids.  Breakfast, who cares?  Comflort Sleep mattress?  They are all crappy. 

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 10:01:18 pm »

The Hampton Inn OKC Bricktown has a really nice pool setup for kids.  Breakfast, who cares?  Comflort Sleep mattress?  They are all crappy. 

That Hampton Inn is nice and adds a lot to Bricktown.  I think something similar at 8-10 stories right up to the street like the one in OKC would do well in Blue Dome, maybe on that parking lot at the northeast corner of 1st & Detroit.  Then get that vacant brick building at 1st & Elgin renovated into a restaurant, or better, a microbrewery and that stretch of 1st could look pretty good.

Anyway, while the location is odd I think having an Aloft is good for Tulsa.  It would've have been cool to see this by the BOK Center (where a hotel is planned) though, instead of some other chain that will probably end up there. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:09:41 pm by SXSW » Logged

Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2009, 09:24:17 am »

Anyway, while the location is odd I think having an Aloft is good for Tulsa.  It would've have been cool to see this by the BOK Center (where a hotel is planned) though, instead of some other chain that will probably end up there. 

It's good because when this location succeeds they may consider another, and downtown would be a logical step. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org