A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:23:21 pm
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any new midtown/Cherry Street developments?  (Read 360249 times)
Jacobei
Citizen

« Reply #750 on: April 27, 2024, 02:04:00 pm »

There is largish mobile crane up at the former Cherry Street Subway (Surely it has another name) project. Seems a little oversized for a 2+ story project. I'm a layperson on construction matters, though.

Additionally, There was what appeared to be utility work closer to utica where the Phillips station used to be. Is this a step towards the rumored project there?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #751 on: April 27, 2024, 04:48:27 pm »

There is largish mobile crane up at the former Cherry Street Subway (Surely it has another name) project. Seems a little oversized for a 2+ story project. I'm a layperson on construction matters, though.

Additionally, There was what appeared to be utility work closer to utica where the Phillips station used to be. Is this a step towards the rumored project there?

They need the crane to erect the steel structure.

Not sure if that utility work is related to the Bumgarner project at Utica.  I do know this a Legacy project for them and will be worth the wait once built.

Jacobei
Citizen

« Reply #752 on: April 28, 2024, 01:54:35 pm »

Just did a quick count. There are a total of 6 backhoes of varying sizes at the site. Doesn't look like a full steam ahead yet, and there is still yet to be construction fencing. However, it's more motion than the site has seen in a long time.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #753 on: April 29, 2024, 09:58:35 am »

I also have little knowledge of construction techniques, and don't really know why a three story building needs so much work. Before the huge crane, they installed what appeared to be deep concrete piers for the foundation. I don't recall either being necessary for the Roosevelts or Hemmingway buildings.

The work by the Bumgarner lot started further east on 15th street at Xanthus. I think it might be related to the storm sewer because my neighborhood has had basement flooding issues and they've been out there on and off for a few years.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #754 on: May 01, 2024, 08:08:55 pm »

Drove by the Hatch location. The Steel structure is up... it's much taller than I expected. Its going to significantly change the feel of Cherry St.
Jacobei
Citizen

« Reply #755 on: May 01, 2024, 09:19:00 pm »

Now if Only the city would buy the lots for hideaway and turn it into multistory parking before the businesses flatten more housing like behind Roosevelt's and Hemingway.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #756 on: May 02, 2024, 08:46:37 am »

That's residential, right?

They cleared a pretty big pad there, much larger than what I would expect for a single residence.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #757 on: May 02, 2024, 08:52:41 am »

Drove by the Hatch location. The Steel structure is up... it's much taller than I expected. Its going to significantly change the feel of Cherry St.

I drove by this morning and was shocked to see the steel structure already up.  I'm with you, it's much taller than I expected.  I like how Cherry Streets is feeling more and more urban. 
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #758 on: May 02, 2024, 10:37:55 am »

The picture looks like two stories and a third deck floor, but the steel going up looks like 4 floors.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #759 on: Today at 01:05:52 am »

Just some observations I have about Cherry Street and the new developments, coming from someone who hung out on occasion at Black Forest back in the early 80's, shopped at Sound Warehouse when it was on the north east corner of 15th and Peoria, and Mi Cocina was still a Piggly Wiggly. I remember the battle between the home owners that lived where the BA is and the the battle over where the south east corner of the IDL is. IIRC one of the biggest opponents was Vince Sposato who was the Streets Commissioner in the 60's and 70's.

Before I moved away in 1998 it was really good to see that area coming back to life and I liked the character that it had. There was a lot going on, but it had that neighborhood feel. In the times that I have been back since 2017, to me it seems to have lost some of that feel, and the newer 3 and 4 story buildings just don't fit to me. I know that where Smoke is, is an original building, and yes the Subway building wasn't really anything special, but another 3 or 4 story just looks out of place. It's also my feeling about the area of 33rd and Peoria where the BOk building is that there have been 4 to 5 story buildings proposed. To me it just doesn't fit.

I guess just being a curmudgeon, it just seems to have lost something to me.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:24:06 am by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org