A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:31:06 am
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) One Place Tower  (Read 250039 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #330 on: May 24, 2012, 03:18:22 pm »

So I can put into perspective how tall it's going to be, how many floors have been reached?  Eight?

http://oxblue.com/open/oneplacetower

Anyone else notice the roof of the BOK Center could make a great tennis court or rugby pitch?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #331 on: May 24, 2012, 03:20:27 pm »

They're working on the 9th floor right now. It's the one that's half-finished. And remember that it will be more than twice its current height due to the greater floor-to-ceiling heights on the actual floors of the building compared to the parking garage floors.

Thank you.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2012, 08:00:48 am »

Was down at the convention center this weekend, and went to check out the progress of the One Place development. Just my opinion, but I don't really care what it ends up looking like. If it has commercial at the street level, this is going to be a big deal for Tulsa. If it does nothing else but add some activity to that block it is a win. If it spurs more development, then it becomes even bigger.

It was really nice to see two separate buildings going in on one block (although it's part of the same project, with more to come actually). It seems that developments now a days are still acting like downtown is like the suburbs. They want as much land as they can get to do a mega project of some sort. What makes places desirable is the scale, and large scale developments go against the grain when it comes to this. While these buildings are large, they seem to be very human scale at the street level. It's like in New York, I don't know how many times I would be standing next to a 20+ story building and not realize it because there was so much activity at the street level. That is what we need, not 10 BOK towers. Hopefully this thing works out well and acts as a blue print more or less to show how it's done.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #333 on: June 29, 2012, 12:25:59 pm »

here's a little something I found amusing just now.
While out near courthouse and library I overheard the crane operator add a little flair to his "the crane is now in motion with a load" horn/buzzer.
Instead of the usual two buzzes, he tapped out "shave and haircut - two bits"

I thought it was funny anyhow.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #334 on: July 05, 2012, 11:15:03 am »

I noticed that the windows are in and the "skin" is installed on the NWMI building on Denver.
They installed a few external panels on the Nothside of the tower.

I thought it odd that there is a for sale sign in the old Towerview lot...I thought this project was for the entire block.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #335 on: July 05, 2012, 01:41:15 pm »

I noticed that the windows are in and the "skin" is installed on the NWMI building on Denver.
They installed a few external panels on the Nothside of the tower.

I thought it odd that there is a for sale sign in the old Towerview lot...I thought this project was for the entire block.

It is
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #336 on: July 05, 2012, 01:44:09 pm »

It is

So, they still need to get out the checkbook then. They don't appear to be able to use it for construction parking like they were before.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #337 on: July 05, 2012, 02:22:05 pm »

So, they still need to get out the checkbook then. They don't appear to be able to use it for construction parking like they were before.

The sign is for a residential realtor and there are plenty of construction vehicles parked there.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #338 on: July 05, 2012, 02:29:29 pm »

Just to the South?

http://oxblue.com/open/oneplacetower
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #339 on: July 05, 2012, 02:49:59 pm »

SE corner has the residential real estate sign. Points you to tulseytownhomes.com
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #340 on: July 05, 2012, 02:58:43 pm »

Look what I found, a website for the project.
http://www.1tulsa.com/

And it has renderings for phases 3 and 4.

The City View Building:
From the website this is the hotel with some apartments and condos. About 15 floors.

Legacy Building:
Office building with lofts at the top
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:05:24 pm by swake » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #341 on: July 05, 2012, 03:25:16 pm »

Downtown building across from One Place development sold

Two of the principals behind the development of One Place have purchased a vacant building directly across the street from the construction site.

Placerita LLC purchased 201 S. Cheyenne from 201 South Cheyenne LLC for $1.05 million, according to Tulsa County land records. A mortgage taken out by Placerita from Arvest Bank indicates Robert Eggleston and Henry Pellegrini manage the legal entity.

201 South Cheyenne LLC is managed by Braden Janowski, according to a business entity registration with the Oklahoma Secretary of State.

The building has been vacant for years, though information left on a directory in the lobby indicates it was once occupied by GeoData Corp.

Calls to Eggleston seeking comment were not returned Monday.

One Place is the $120 million mixed-use multibuilding project under construction just east of the BOK Center. The five-story Northwestern Building is scheduled to be finished in August, while the 18-story One Place Tower should be finished next spring.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=32&articleid=20120703_32_E1_Twooft253392

Really hoping it's not for parking.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #342 on: July 05, 2012, 04:56:27 pm »

I believe there is a fantastic little art deco building on that block.  Really hope it's preserved, or at least the facade is.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #343 on: July 05, 2012, 06:01:22 pm »

Downtown building across from One Place development sold

Really hoping it's not for parking.

It is not. I have heard, but can't say.

Power is nothing till you use it.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #344 on: July 05, 2012, 09:22:40 pm »

The upper level is all windows.  There are lots of good uses that can be made of it.  Unfortunately I'm jaded and expect it to become a parking lot.  I hope the previous post is correct and something productive will be made of it.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org