A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:18:48 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris Medlock running?  (Read 13442 times)
waterboy
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 06:28:14 am »

You, know, that's the other thing that will sink his candidacy. This assertion that there is some sort of mid town elite who supports downtown issues above all else. By demonizing groups of people, by geography of all things, he paints himself as a conspiracy nutbag. And one would surmise he would stop this evil downtown development movement in its tracks, wasting our investment. In the words of our former leader, he is a divider, not a uniter.

Sorry for the offensive reference to Terry Young. Is smart-aleck more acceptable? Smiley
rwarn17588
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 11:42:09 am »

You, know, that's the other thing that will sink his candidacy. This assertion that there is some sort of mid town elite who supports downtown issues above all else. By demonizing groups of people, by geography of all things, he paints himself as a conspiracy nutbag.

Not to mention that demonizing Midtown is stupid if you want to win an election. If you look at the sheer number of votes coming out of that area during any citywide election, it becomes readily apparent that you need Midtown to win anything.
Hawkins
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2009, 02:39:01 am »

If he gets elected I'll buy every member of this forum a burger at McNellies.

Then I'll move out of Tulsa, ASAP.

But seriously, you guys can hold me up to that first pledge, because it isn't going to happen.

highroadtaker
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 08:43:39 am »

I'd love to have a free McNellie's burger, but it ain't gonna happen.  Even if Medlock beats Bartlett in the primary (that's not gonna happen), most of Bartlett's people would vote for Adelson in the general election.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 10:20:08 am »

If he gets elected I'll buy every member of this forum a burger at McNellies.

Then I'll move out of Tulsa, ASAP.

But seriously, you guys can hold me up to that first pledge, because it isn't going to happen.

If it happens make the offer only good on Weds. night.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 12:40:08 pm »

Clay Clark is suspending his campaign, and is going to join the Medlock team. Apparently, they agree on nearly every issue facing the city of Tulsa and, according to Clark, he believed that they "would split the truly conservative vote, which would lead to the Mayor Taylor supporting candidate (Mr. Bartlett) being elected, and that would be like voting for Kathy Taylor Part 2."
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=10706911

---Robert
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2009, 12:59:50 pm »

I thought Clark was a good guy.  This proves that he was not in it for the glory or to become a career politician just like he said.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2009, 10:15:51 am »

I thought Clark was a good guy.  This proves that he was not in it for the glory or to become a career politician just like he said.

Not necessarily.  It could prove he's a Medlock groupie or got intimidated out of the race.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rwarn17588
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2009, 11:48:27 am »

It could prove he's a Medlock groupie ...

Like a Pamela Des Barres?

Ugggg. I've now got images in my head that I'm going to have to scrub away with bleach and an SOS pad.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org