A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:53:06 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our special little guy  (Read 4998 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 06:59:53 pm »

Republicans are hypocrites, they’re just too stupid to know it. Tongue
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 08:20:33 pm »

You're in a foul mood, lighten up clown!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 11:57:27 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8eL4GHCDhE[/youtube]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 09:45:46 am »

For what it's worth, I came across a combat vet and author who agrees with me:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/20/i-hate-the-taliban-afghan-war-vet-says-but-biden-was-right.html

"So while it sounds bad at first, I think the vice president is correct in stating an obvious truth: we have accomplished our mission of destroying Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda in Afghanistan, but cannot defeat the Taliban militarily. The smart thing to do is to change our approach to one that envisions the Taliban’s return to the political fold, under a framework that forces moderation upon their extremist elements, denies haven to extremist international terrorist organizations, and ultimately ends the war in Afghanistan."
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 09:50:09 am »

For what it's worth, I came across a combat vet and author who agrees with me:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/20/i-hate-the-taliban-afghan-war-vet-says-but-biden-was-right.html

"So while it sounds bad at first, I think the vice president is correct in stating an obvious truth: we have accomplished our mission of destroying Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda in Afghanistan, but cannot defeat the Taliban militarily. The smart thing to do is to change our approach to one that envisions the Taliban’s return to the political fold, under a framework that forces moderation upon their extremist elements, denies haven to extremist international terrorist organizations, and ultimately ends the war in Afghanistan."

At some point our enemies in Japan and Germany became our allies. 

In effect I agree with what he's saying here, it's the only rational approach at this point unless we want to be in Afghanistan another 50 years.  So long as the Taliban's radical elements have been contained, I think it might be worth a diplomatic approach. 

Still doesn't change the fact that Biden has a severe case of engaging mouth before brain though.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 10:00:45 am »

At some point our enemies in Japan and Germany became our allies. 

In effect I agree with what he's saying here, it's the only rational approach at this point unless we want to be in Afghanistan another 50 years.  So long as the Taliban's radical elements have been contained, I think it might be worth a diplomatic approach. 

Still doesn't change the fact that Biden has a severe case of engaging mouth before brain though.

I wonder if they haven't used him tactically as we used to use those people in our company. Quite possible that he was allowed, or directed, to throw out these remarks. He could then take the heat, yet, start the discussion. If it fails to generate support, well, another Bidenism. If it is viewed as described by you and WevsUs, then it was our idea and he leaked it a little early.

I agree it sounds like the inevitable conclusion to that conflict.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 10:09:49 am »

I wonder if they haven't used him tactically as we used to use those people in our company. Quite possible that he was allowed, or directed, to throw out these remarks. He could then take the heat, yet, start the discussion. If it fails to generate support, well, another Bidenism. If it is viewed as described by you and WevsUs, then it was our idea and he leaked it a little early.

I agree it sounds like the inevitable conclusion to that conflict.

It could have also been in response to a threat on the President.  I think it's done to remind people of the alternative.  Wink

I think he's what's called a "safety" veep.

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 10:50:04 am »

This is true, though I think he gets nailed more times than he should for spouting off when in fact he's doing something deliberate.  In this case, I think he was doing just that.

EDIT: or what Aqua said.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org