A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:11:51 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westboro Church  (Read 5469 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: July 20, 2011, 02:26:25 pm »

This BBC documentory is very interesting and quite entertaining. Freddie Phelps and his nutty clan really believe the tripe he is preaching.
I have to wonder if at one time in his life that he had some kind of event with another man or wanted to, that has made him so adamant against Homosexuals ?

This is the first part of 8 that is very enlightening to what they believe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOrz5k0jWdU&feature=related

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 02:30:07 pm »

I've watched those before. It did not help to improve my opinion of these stuck up, snobby, ignorant, bigoted, close-minded, hateful, disgusting people.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 02:34:44 pm »

The part about him blasting Billy Graham was just crazy.
The man is just a very angry old fool.
But, throw out enough slop and someone will come along to eat it.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 02:41:45 pm »

This BBC documentory is very interesting and quite entertaining. Freddie Phelps and his nutty clan really believe the tripe he is preaching.
I have to wonder if at one time in his life that he had some kind of event with another man or wanted to, that has made him so adamant against Homosexuals ?

This is the first part of 8 that is very enlightening to what they believe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOrz5k0jWdU&feature=related

Of course they believe him.  The members are virtually all family and they will get the smile beaten out of them if they don't believe.  He's a creep.  I wouldn't be surprised if he fathered some or most of his grandkids as well.  I strongly suspect his family tree more closely resembles a Christmas wreath.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 03:14:29 pm »

This thread is useless without the obligatory:

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 11:43:19 am »

Fred's dead, baby.

Anti-Gay Pastor Fred Phelps Sr. Dies at 84

http://kwgs.com/post/anti-gay-pastor-fred-phelps-sr-dies-84

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — The Rev. Fred Phelps Sr., the founder of a Kansas church known for anti-gay protests and pickets at military funerals, has died. He was 84.

Daughter Margie Phelps says Fred Phelps died shortly after midnight Thursday. She didn't give the cause of death or the condition that recently put him in hospice care.

Phelps founded the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, though most of the small church's members are part of his extended family.

Their activities inspired a federal law on funeral picketing and laws in more than 40 states. But in a major free-speech ruling in 2011, the U.S. Supreme Court declared the church and its members couldn't be sued for damages.

Phelps' church preached that deaths of U.S. military personnel were God's punishment for the nation's tolerance of homosexuality.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 11:57:41 am »

Yes but sadly. There will be no Funeral to picket. They do not honor or worship their dead.

In the words of the Church Lady. "Well isn't that Convenient"  Cheesy

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 12:03:30 pm »

Yes but sadly. There will be no Funeral to picket. They do not honor or worship their dead.

In the words of the Church Lady. "Well isn't that Convenient"  Cheesy

This guy deserved neither honoring or worshipping.

That said, George Takei said it pretty brilliantly this morning:

"I take no solace or joy in this man's passing. We will not dance upon his grave, nor stand vigil at his funeral holding "God Hates Freds" signs, tempting as it may be.
He was a tormented soul, who tormented so many. Hate never wins out in the end. It instead goes always to its lonely, dusty end."

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 12:09:26 pm »

I wonder if he was horrified to find out his final destination involves daily “pineapple treatments”.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 12:58:10 pm »

The world is a better place today.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 02:14:11 pm »

The world is a better place today.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

It will be even better when the rest of his flock dies off.

guido911
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 02:16:26 pm »

Mmmm.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
swake
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 02:17:12 pm »

Hopefully the flock won't grow another head.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 02:35:13 pm »

Thought I shed a tear for him, turned out to be pollen.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 02:47:36 pm »

That's the picture I needed....would love to go to his funeral!  Wearing a paper mask of his face with the 666 that is emblazoned on his forehead....after the makeup is washed off.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org