A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:59:05 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An occasion to ponder  (Read 3270 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: March 12, 2008, 03:58:34 pm »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23595533/

NESS CITY, Kan. - Deputies said a woman in western Kansas sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years, and they're investigating whether she was mistreated.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said a man called his office last month to report that something was wrong with his girlfriend.

Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman’s skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

“We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital,” Whipple said. “The hospital removed it.”

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

“She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body,” Whipple said. “It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself.”

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

“And her reply would be, ‘Maybe tomorrow,”’ Whipple said. “According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom.”

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that “there was something wrong with his girlfriend,” Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was “somewhat disoriented,” and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

“She said that she didn’t need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave,” he said.

She was taken to a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple’s names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz in Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

dsjeffries
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 04:07:16 pm »

Um..... WHAT?!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 06:33:29 pm »

Now that is some constipation..

But seriously, she's obviously disturbed and the boyfriend should be charged for not turning her over to authorities.
waterboy
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 07:00:27 pm »

Sounds too weird. Is this Mr. Whipple's son? The same Whipple who made his fortune asking customers to "please, don't squeeze the Charmin"? Another life ruined by advertising.[Wink]
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 07:31:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

Sounds too weird. Is this Mr. Whipple's son? The same Whipple who made his fortune asking customers to "please, don't squeeze the Charmin"? Another life ruined by advertising.[Wink]

That's it. It as time to wipe but she was afraid of squeezing the charmin.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 10:55:20 pm »

Wow.... that's just totally whack...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
mrhaskellok
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 11:59:46 pm »

Umm...I think I need to go to bed.  That story is a perfect end to my day.  Lol!

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 07:35:11 am »

Ok, I admit it.  Sometimes I use the bathroom as a refuge.  A place to get away to some peace and quite.  Built in white noise generator, usually some reading materials... sometimes ya' just have to get away for a few minutes.

Using that excuse for 2 years is brilliant!

But on a more honest note, what in the hell was the personal life like?  Did no family members or friends question that they haven't seen her in 2 years.  Did no one ever come over to the house?   "Honey, do you want to watch American Idol?  Oh yeah, your donkey grew onto the toilet seat."

Just odd.  Amazingly so.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
NellieBly
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 09:18:42 am »

Good God -- This story got lost in all the hubub over being stuck on a toilet.

http://www.wftv.com/news/3643877/detail.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org