A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 09:43:49 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice to idiots who can't drive in the winter.  (Read 5840 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 03:38:06 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

There's another moving hazard- some dip $h!t with a snow-packed rear window and frozen mirrors.

I throw some clothes on first thing, go out and start both our vehicles, then do the final clearing after a shower and breakfast (about 20-30 minutes) and I find it a lot easier to clear the snow and ice and many times the hood and top are warm enough to just push the snow off them.

Or get remote start. [Cheesy]
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 01:31:09 pm »

Since we are on a traffic rant-

Last night I got stuck in the parking lot that HWY 75 N became with the jacknife wreck at the BA interchange.  I got on at W. 41st and had to slow within about 200 yards (I didn't get the traffic update from KRMG until it was too late).  What pisses me off is the yo-yo's who get over on the shoulder and drive as far as they can until they try to bully their way back into line.  It doesn't speed anything up for anyone and just pisses everyone else off, especially when three or four other cars decide to follow the first car.

Personally, I refuse to allow someone back in from the shoulder, I don't have a problem with merging from legal lanes and am quite accomodating, but shoulder dwellers get the cold shoulder from me.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org