A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:43:02 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All in the spirit of Christmas  (Read 5140 times)
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« on: December 05, 2011, 02:15:41 pm »

For all of those who think all Christians are all loving and non violent and all that good noise, leave it to video games to show through.

http://www.parentdish.com/2006/10/30/video-game-where-jews-and-atheists-must-be-killed-or-converted-d/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

Video game where Jews and Atheists must be killed or converted due for Christmas
by J.D. Griffioen (Subscribe to J.D. Griffioen's posts)
Oct 30th 2006 10:28AM

A video game about a Christian militia slaughtering Jewish and atheist New Yorkers who won't be converted in the name of a particular brand of Christianity will be on the shelves of more than 10,000 American retailers in time for the Christmas season, including Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, Circuit City, GameStop, EB Games, CompUSA, Amazon.com, Costco and numerous others. The video game is a spinoff of the wildly successful collaborative novels about "the rapture" by conservative fundamentalist minister Tim Lahaye and the guy who used to write the dialogue for the Gil Thorpe comic strip, Jerry Jenkins.
In Left Behind: Eternal Forces, kids will assume the role of a member of a "Christian" gang wandering the streets of a post-apocalyptic Manhattan, killing or converting as many Jews, Atheists, and other unsavory types in the employ of the Anti-Christ as possible to get to the next level. If the heathen won't convert, the character can kill them. The company is offering a free demonstration model to churches. "We see it as a beacon of light that could shine in the dark world of video games," said Jerome Mikulich, "director of outreach ministries" for the company. "The most important thing is that it helps kids realize there is power in the spirit world, and that by praying they can endure and get through their real-life situations." Praying, and putting a shotgun in the mouth of Jews. Just like all those chapters in the gospel where Jesus preaches that the way to salvation is busting a cap into the donkey of those who won't convert.[\quote]
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 02:21:23 pm »

Finally, the stocking stuffer I've been searching for.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 02:56:31 pm »

I was going to get this game, but it meant deleting the one I've got where Christians get thrown to the lions to make room for it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 05:46:36 pm »

"...A beacon of light in the dark world of video games..."

Are they serious? Killing Jews and atheists is a beacon of light now? What idiots.

"Here kids, we're tired of you killing random people in video games, so we got you a new game where you can kill Jews and atheists instead."

Now that is clean fun for the entire family.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 05:50:10 pm »

"...A beacon of light in the dark world of video games..."

Are they serious? Killing Jews and atheists is a beacon of light now? What idiots.

"Here kids, we're tired of you killing random people in video games, so we got you a new game where you can kill Jews and atheists instead."

Now that is clean fun for the entire family.

Do you think there will be an add-on pack for agnostics?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 06:51:45 pm »

So it's Wolfenstein 3D for Christians? You kill Jews and Atheists instead of Nazis?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 08:41:10 pm »

I sure hope so. It's do annoying when you hear, "I neither believe nor disbelieve that there is a god." Maybe after that we can get one for Unitarians...Grin

Kidding....kidding....
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 10:33:59 pm »

Notice BTW that the Dateline is from 2006.  Never the less, As a secular leftist, I want this game.  If not for the irony factor.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 11:33:49 pm »

Well, been trying to do a little more digging on this and it may be getting blown out of proportion by huffpost.  While still a pretty out there game, supposedly it is about Christians after the rapture trying to survive against the "UN peace keeping forces".  We'll see what it actually entails when it hits shelves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 09:45:01 am »

Well, been trying to do a little more digging on this and it may be getting blown out of proportion by huffpost.  While still a pretty out there game, supposedly it is about Christians after the rapture trying to survive against the "UN peace keeping forces".  We'll see what it actually entails when it hits shelves.

How can there be Christians after the rapture?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 10:06:27 am »

What next ? A game in the vein of "Duck Hunt" but shooting at Santa and his Reindeer. Hey wait a minute, I'm gonna write that down.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 10:28:36 am »

I just don't know...who can be sure?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 01:02:04 pm »

That is the crux of the matter, isn't it....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 01:03:12 pm »

That is the crux of the matter, isn't it....

Probably some recently found scripture or something like that can explain it.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 05:47:10 pm »

I wondered the same thing.  Now to really show that I have egg on my face on this one, it was pointed out to me that this game released years ago, not this Christmas... yeah, after looking back at the article, it is from 2006. It has been out for a while, so those that have dug it up and thrown it back out into circulation are obviously looking to get some kind of reaction.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org