A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:05:53 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lips Sealed?  (Read 6600 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« on: August 06, 2011, 06:25:26 pm »

Tough deal....act of gawd clause...microburst destroyed staging ....and I was ready to go down there and see the extravaganza.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 01:50:12 pm »

Straightline winds of 63mph at Riverside airport, but likely higher in the heaviest hit parts of town between Sheridan and Memorial between 15th and 31st streets, where utility poles were snapped.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:02:33 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 07:41:37 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKYPmFCclMo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

TIMBER! Glad there were no casualties.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 07:46:57 am »

Straightline winds of 63mph at Riverside airport, but likely higher in the heaviest hit parts of town between Sheridan and Memorial between 15th and 31st streets, where utility poles were snapped.

We got strafed pretty good in the 31st & Yale area.  Lots of small to medium limbs down, power out.  I'm guessing 60-70 MPH at one point.   Schusterman Center also had a lot of limbs down when we drove past yesterday.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 08:00:25 am »

We got strafed pretty good in the 31st & Yale area.  Lots of small to medium limbs down, power out.  I'm guessing 60-70 MPH at one point.   Schusterman Center also had a lot of limbs down when we drove past yesterday.

It was close to that in my neighborhood.  I have a pretty sturdy bucket on my front porch; by the end of it that thing was across the street.  Lots of smaller limbs here, saw someones trampoline upended, but in that whole mess we only got about .3 of rain.  My power was out for six hours.  Good thing I had Marshalls to keep me company.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 08:09:55 am »

It was close to that in my neighborhood.  I have a pretty sturdy bucket on my front porch; by the end of it that thing was across the street.  Lots of smaller limbs here, saw someones trampoline upended, but in that whole mess we only got about .3 of rain.  My power was out for six hours.  Good thing I had Marshalls to keep me company.

I've got two plastic storage tubs on my back porch, one for my charcoal, the other for chiminea wood.  The wind picked up the lid off the charcoal tub and hurled it like a frisbee into a ceramic piece I use to cover the opening on the chiminea and shattered it.  We lost power until 5:30 yesterday morning.  Definite transformer "HA-BAM!"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 08:27:27 am »

I've got two plastic storage tubs on my back porch, one for my charcoal, the other for chiminea wood.  The wind picked up the lid off the charcoal tub and hurled it like a frisbee into a ceramic piece I use to cover the opening on the chiminea and shattered it.  We lost power until 5:30 yesterday morning.  Definite transformer "HA-BAM!"

Damn.  Mine was back on at 12:30 am.  At least it came back on before the heat of the day.  A lady I work with, her power is STILL out.  Not sure where she lives, but it's likely in the bullseye zone.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 09:15:58 am »

Power was out all along 26th between Harvard and Lewis Sunday all night.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 01:31:44 pm »

Was talking to my mother yesterday, she had gotten a call from one of her employers that the roof of the building had been ripped off and the business flooded.  Not sure to the actual extent of the damage, but it was at 41st and yale.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 02:10:02 pm »

Power was out all along 26th between Harvard and Lewis Sunday all night.

Not at The Colony where it was wild and crazy and electrified!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 03:21:24 pm »

Not at The Colony where it was wild and crazy and electrified!

And *cough* smoky too I would guess.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 09:11:11 pm »

And *cough* smoky too I would guess.

There you go again assuming. The Colony went no smoking months ago....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 10:29:27 pm »

There you go again assuming. The Colony went no smoking months ago....

Then I will visit them again soon.  Glad to hear that.  Now if Arnie's and a few other places would follow suit. 

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 10:35:58 pm »

Then I will visit them again soon.  Glad to hear that.  Now if Arnie's and a few other places would follow suit. 

I will still occasionally go to places that haven't banned the cigarette, but I can't stay long.  It amazes me, after almost 5 years without one, how it makes my stomach turn to smell my clothes after I get home from a smoky bar.  Blech.  I don't go preaching to people about quitting though; I know what it takes and it's not easy, believe me.  I know Conan and others in here know this.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 11:53:36 pm »

I will still occasionally go to places that haven't banned the cigarette, but I can't stay long.  It amazes me, after almost 5 years without one, how it makes my stomach turn to smell my clothes after I get home from a smoky bar.  Blech.  I don't go preaching to people about quitting though; I know what it takes and it's not easy, believe me.  I know Conan and others in here know this.
It's been two years for me.  I give smokers a hard time now, but with a grin.  Something I figured out is someone isn't going to quit until they are truly ready to.  Of course, I do have one friend that refused to go to a bar if it is non-smoking.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org