A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:07:23 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walk at Tulsa Hills  (Read 132987 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2014, 08:13:32 pm »

It's the new corporate headquarters for Unit Drilling.

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20064.0
Stanley1
Activist

« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2014, 08:32:25 am »

Thanks.  I missed that.
SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2015, 09:55:06 am »

So far... there are the following for Walk in Tulsa Hills....

Carmike Cinema, Chuy’s Mexican restaurant, Gander Mountain outdoor store, a Mathis Brothers Sleep Center, an Aldi grocery and a Freddie’s Frozen Custard

What else is coming?    Any rumors?   
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2015, 02:39:59 pm »

Carmike Cinema, Chuy’s Mexican restaurant, Gander Mountain outdoor store, a Mathis Brothers Sleep Center, an Aldi grocery and a Freddie’s Frozen Custard

Well that's all very underwhelming.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2015, 07:34:33 pm »

If that is "development" we just need to forget the whole thing....  Gander might be interesting.  The rest....well, just more of the same.  Ho, hum!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2015, 09:16:42 pm »

If that is "development" we just need to forget the whole thing....  Gander might be interesting.  The rest....well, just more of the same.  Ho, hum!

Chuy's green chili sauce is the only thing there to be excited about.
SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2015, 07:40:41 am »

Chuy's green chili sauce is the only thing there to be excited about.

Yes, Yes, I am disappointed just like everyone else.   There still some spots left... so I thought someone may have heard of something coming in Huh
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2015, 10:09:07 am »

Carmike will be a good thing since it sounds like RiverWalk Movies is on the way out and it is the only theater in the area.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2015, 10:42:17 am »

Well that's all very underwhelming.

Its South Tulsa, what did you expect?  The list is actually better than I would have expected.  Chuy's is a better than an Applebees or Chilis, which is already at Tulsa Hills.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2015, 11:54:31 am »

Its South Tulsa, what did you expect?  The list is actually better than I would have expected.  Chuy's is a better than an Applebees or Chilis, which is already at Tulsa Hills.

I was expecting something more Utica Square like. Wasn't there talk of this development being that sort of thing when it all started?

I would just be happier to see something with unique offerings. While Gander is nice to see, the rest of that I'm hearing is pretty ho hum. Honestly if we are going to get a bland development I would have rather seen this be the spot for an outlet mall. At least that is bland in a different way.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2015, 12:00:13 pm »

I was expecting something more Utica Square like. Wasn't there talk of this development being that sort of thing when it all started?

I would just be happier to see something with unique offerings. While Gander is nice to see, the rest of that I'm hearing is pretty ho hum. Honestly if we are going to get a bland development I would have rather seen this be the spot for an outlet mall. At least that is bland in a different way.

Whole lot better than the proposed tract two miles to the north.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2015, 12:12:28 pm »

I recall the Tulsa Hills people were talking about phase 2 being like Utica, with a Whole Foods, upscale hotel, etc. What we got was Sams, Jiffy Lube, Discount Tires and Teds.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2015, 12:20:00 pm »

I recall the Tulsa Hills people were talking about phase 2 being like Utica, with a Whole Foods, upscale hotel, etc. What we got was Sams, Jiffy Lube, Discount Tires and Teds.

Yeah, the Utica Square Jiffy Lube is so much more quaint and pedestrian friendly.  The lubers are so snooty though.
SouthTulsaCountyDude
Activist

« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2015, 12:54:44 pm »

Yes, there was.  But, That was under the original developer.  The developer changes to Parkes Development out of Tennessee. 
rdj
City Father

« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2015, 01:41:48 pm »

What development more than 50,000 ft hasn't said it was the next Utica Square in the last however many years?  Hell, the strip mall developments in OKC do it.  Classen Curve was supposed to be the new modern Utica Sq.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org