A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 03:21:14 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban Food Trucks?  (Read 41397 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2014, 03:01:53 pm »

It might make sense to prevent the Dickey's food truck from parking in the street in front of Albert G's on Harvard, but downtown is already dense so distances seem all relative.

The same density that makes opening a bar so difficult because of it's inevitable distance to a church.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

Re:
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2014, 05:10:01 am »

The Dickey's truck will only serve to improve the quality of the clientele in any restaurant they park outside of.  It's like when liqueor stores put the cheap stuff up front to keep trashy people from venturing too deep into the store.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2014, 08:05:14 am »

Dickey’s doesn’t even qualify as the Taco Mayo of BBQ, IMO.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2014, 09:08:31 am »

Dickey’s doesn’t even qualify as the Taco Mayo of BBQ, IMO.

Tried it one time when a coworker and I were in Broken Arrow for...something.

Underwhelmed is too mild an adjective to describe it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2014, 09:39:35 am »

Tried it one time when a coworker and I were in Broken Arrow for...something.

Underwhelmed is too mild an adjective to describe it.

I'll help you with that - it's gross and disgusting.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2014, 03:39:59 pm »

I believe they use those new electric smokers.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2014, 04:49:40 pm »

I believe they use those new electric smokers.

And lots of liquid smoke, nitrite, MSG, and probably a little red food coloring. Gotta have that authentic-looking smoke ring.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2014, 05:22:36 pm »

And lots of liquid smoke, nitrite, MSG, and probably a little red food coloring. Gotta have that authentic-looking smoke ring.

I think Knotty Pine BA uses that same method.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2014, 05:26:59 pm »

I read that, and I get a headache.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2014, 08:58:34 pm »

I’ve actually been seeing some kind comments on the BA location.  Supposedly the west Tulsa location is the original family, that’s the one I would suspect of that chemical cocktail, it was dreadful.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2014, 09:03:31 pm »

I’ve actually been seeing some kind comments on the BA location.  Supposedly the west Tulsa location is the original family, that’s the one I would suspect of that chemical cocktail, it was dreadful.

I was NOT impressed with them when I met a friend out there for lunch who swears by them.  I didn't have the heart to tell him I thought it was awful.

I've been spoiled by BurnCo.

I guess I need to go out there soon.  Wonder if the lines are any shorter at the new location.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2014, 09:05:28 pm »

I was NOT impressed with them when I met a friend out there for lunch who swears by them.  I didn't have the heart to tell him I thought it was awful.

I've been spoiled by BurnCo.

I guess I need to go out there soon.  Wonder if the lines are any shorter at the new location.

Usual deal, if you want to miss the line, hit it at 10:45-11.  Otherwise, line seems to be 20 min from the door.  Not as bad as Frankin’s in Austin.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2014, 11:23:50 am »

HA! BOOM goes the Dynamite!  Cheesy

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2014, 03:31:27 pm »

HA! BOOM goes the Dynamite!  Cheesy

Food trucks are dangerous

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/01/12-people-injured-after-food-truck-explodes-in-philadelphia/
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 03:36:09 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2014, 03:34:56 pm »

Food trucks are dangerous

Blevy.  Must have been a hot day.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org