A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 05:38:31 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Israel Bombs Fox News in Gaza  (Read 7115 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: November 18, 2012, 10:15:16 pm »

Among the buildings Israel hit overnight were two containing the offices of local media outlets, in what the military described as an attempt to derail Hamas communications.

Ayman Amar, a spokesman for Al Quds television, said seven camera operators and editors were resting on couches in their 11th-floor offices in the Shawa and Hossari building in downtown Gaza City when a missile from an Israeli helicopter ripped through the roof at 1:30 a.m. All seven were injured, one losing a leg below the knee, Mr. Amar said, but they escaped before three more bombs dropped 10 minutes later.

Several international outlets, including Fox News, Sky News, CBS and Germany’s ARD television, used production studios in the two targeted media buildings.
Israel’s vice prime minister, Moshe Ya’alon, who is in charge of strategic affairs, told reporters that the strike “didn’t intend to target journalists,” and that he had asked the military to investigate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/19/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-conflict.html

In war, truth is the first casualty.
    --  Aeschylus

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 11:07:11 pm »

Yea, so whaddaya think? No casualties tells me they were given advanced notice to get out. Precision strikes can be hell.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 09:49:17 am »

Nine years later...

Israel bombs international media
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtJs4Z-jWso

The Saturday strike that destroyed Al Jazeera and AP bureau offices in Gaza isn’t the first time Israel’s military has targeted media buildings in the region. On Wednesday, Israel destroyed what Washington Post Beirut bureau chief Liz Sly described on Twitter as “the main Gaza media building,” and the IDF has also made similar strikes in years past.

According to the Committee to Protect Journalists, a pair of towers destroyed by the IDF on Tuesday and Wednesday “house[d] more than a dozen international and local media outlets.”

They just took down the rest of the media building in Gaza pic.twitter.com/8pvJOxUSML
    — Liz Sly (@LizSly) May 12, 2021

In an article Thursday, Ignacio Miguel Delgado, a CPJ representative for the Middle East and North Africa, condemned the strikes as “utterly unacceptable ... especially since Israeli authorities know where those media outlets are housed.”

In 2019, the Gaza offices of the Anadolu Agency, a Turkish state media outlet, were destroyed by Israel’s military, and in 2012, two other media buildings, housing British, German, and Saudi news outlets, were hit with “pinpoint strikes,” according to Reuters.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 06:09:21 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
whoatown
Activist

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 11:01:12 am »

Yea, so whaddaya think? No casualties tells me they were given advanced notice to get out. Precision strikes can be hell.

According to this video's description there was advance notice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSrhRNchobw

And then something in the comments about taking out CNN and BBC as well while they're at it. 
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 06:05:08 pm »

Strikes on Journalists in Lebanon Apparently Deliberate
https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/12/07/israel-strikes-journalists-lebanon-apparently-deliberate

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2023, 11:46:22 am »

No doubt.   And Israel knew weeks ahead of time that this attack was coming.  Wanted to have martyrs and an excuse for some "cleaning operations".

Tell me again the difference between Netanyahoo and a fascist...?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org