A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:24:24 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Received My ONG Gas Bill Today!  (Read 2389 times)
Steve
« on: December 31, 2005, 12:11:14 am »

I just received my ONG natural gas bill today for the period of 11-18-05 through 12-21-05.  The bill was for $203.65.  I have a programable thermostat and keep my 1900 sq. ft. house at 70 during the day, 65 at night.

My house is 1954 contemporary architecture with minimal insulation, and the original single glazed window walls.  My concern right now is not for my property, but for older citizens and the impoverished.  I know I could lower my utilities by retro-fitting my home with more insulations and storm windows, and I intend to do that within the next few years while I am still in my prime income producing years.

It seems that the esentials for life: food, clothing, utilities, medical care, etc. just keep getting more expensive day by day, while incomes are falling farther and farther behind.  I worry for our children and grandchildren.  My point is that the United States is losing its middle class, bit by bit, if more of our incomes have to be spent on the necessities of life.  The great US middle class that was created in the 1950's is slowly becoming a thing of the past.  We will soon be, if we already aren't, be a nation of the mega-rich and the poor.  I can afford to pay this ONG bill, but I wonder about those that can not, and I also wonder if I will not be in the same situation in the future.  There, but for the grace of God, go I....
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 12:37:56 am by Steve » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org