A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:07:17 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plumbing Huh?  (Read 43123 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2015, 10:40:20 am »

Its interesting that the new strategy is to lump reports about retaliation for unionizing with absurd conspiracy theories like martial law and UN takeovers, hoping people will dismiss the whole bundled package.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2015, 08:55:58 am »

81st and 145th had yellow caution tape in the men's room about 30 minutes ago.  Plumbing broken.  I didn't know they were unionizing way out there...it's Broken Arrow for crying out loud - a veritable bastion of anti-union sentiment as promoted by Rhema and 1st Baptist!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2015, 11:05:31 am »

81st and 145th had yellow caution tape in the men's room about 30 minutes ago.  Plumbing broken.  I didn't know they were unionizing way out there...it's Broken Arrow for crying out loud - a veritable bastion of anti-union sentiment as promoted by Rhema and 1st Baptist!!

Could just be dressing, like the one plumbing truck parked at the Admiral store.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2015, 11:33:06 am »

I'm sure you mean't 71st and 145th. That one's due for a "plumbing" problem.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2015, 02:38:52 pm »

The union issue is interesting because I knew people  that worked at the Admiral store, I went there before work around 6:am and got to know some workers on 3rd shift, I  heard no talk about a union, and no one mentioned a union- but was told by some workers  the store managers were very bad no one seemed to like them, she called them ah's. If the managers were all that bad some people may have thought about getting a union in there, or someone may have gone to get union sign up cards or something along those lines and Wal-Mart shut down before anything could happen like the NLRB getting involved or some legal action. If the store was really losing $60,000 thru shoplifting that's something big too, that's a huge loss, but when you think about the store at 81st & Lewis..

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2015, 02:43:17 pm »

Another rumor was Wal-Mart had too many stores close together, but when I lived in Columbus, Ohio we had 3 Wal-Mart stores about 3 miles apart along the  I-270 freeway loop, one store was at the Georgesville exit, the next was about 2 or 3 miles north off of I-70 at Rome-Hilliard Road and the 3rd Wal-Mart was 3 miles north of I-70 at the Tuttle Crossing exit just west of I-270. All 3 stores are Super Centers and always busy.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2015, 06:22:15 pm »

I'm sure you mean't 71st and 145th. That one's due for a "plumbing" problem.

You are right.  71st.  Sorry.

I think maybe it was union plumbers that did the work - that would set Walmart off like a rocket!  So now, they are having "problems" with it so they can close that store, too.

Tell me again when Costco is gonna get here??  Keep telling SWMBO that I can hardly wait!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2015, 10:07:19 am »

A new theory is the staff in the closed WM's were in on thefts and they had a major shrinkage issue.  This wouldn't necessarily be public record.  Cops aren't always called because they may not realize the issue until inventory counts.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2015, 11:15:36 am »

A new theory is the staff in the closed WM's were in on thefts and they had a major shrinkage issue.  This wouldn't necessarily be public record.  Cops aren't always called because they may not realize the issue until inventory counts.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2015, 11:24:19 am »

Memorex Telex had that problem for a while before they went out of business.

Davis Hotel in Claremore had that problem before closing the hotel and putting the gun collection into the museum.

Walmart needs to call one of those "Mystery Diners" shows to help them with the problems - if that's really what is going on.

Little side note - WMT has been buying back $6 to 7 billion in stock for the last few years - in addition to another $6 to 7 investing in growth.  Great for stockholders in the short term.  They could also use that to give pretty much every employee a $5 an hour raise.  And still be WAY behind Costco!!  But bringing their employees up to nearly a living wage!!  And relieving the rest of us from having to subsidize WMT quite as much as now.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2015, 08:05:44 pm »

Admiral and Memorial was #2 in shrinkage in Tulsa
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2015, 08:07:23 pm »

Little side note - WMT has been buying back $6 to 7 billion in stock for the last few years - in addition to another $6 to 7 investing in growth.  Great for stockholders in the short term.  They could also use that to give pretty much every employee a $5 an hour raise.  And still be WAY behind Costco!!  But bringing their employees up to nearly a living wage!!  And relieving the rest of us from having to subsidize WMT quite as much as now.

Some of those employee don't put in $5 worth of work.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2015, 09:06:27 pm »

Treat your employees the way they do and would you?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2015, 09:08:46 pm »

People will almost always live up to, or down to your expectations of them.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2015, 07:12:11 am »

People will almost always live up to, or down to your expectations of them.

They are only as good as their leader.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org