A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 08:34:35 am
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You people hate Obama  (Read 70379 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2012, 08:54:46 am »

The rainbow halo is perfect. +1 Newsweek.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
TeeDub
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2012, 10:36:57 am »

I don't know a  single conservative that cares about gay marriage.

The closest of everyone I know at most just doesn't want to call it "marriage" as they relate that to religious dogma.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2012, 12:34:31 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZMndjLIQUFw[/youtube]

Mitt Romney, a job-killing economic "vampire"? That's the message of a new ad by President Barack Obama's re-election campaign, which aims to turn the presumptive Republican nominee's business record into a liability as voters worry about the struggling economy.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-campaign-ad-paints-romney-job-killing-economic-145406874.html
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2012, 12:38:46 pm »

Obama is in a pretty convenient spot on this one, never having employed a single person. Can't fire someone if you've never hired someone.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2012, 12:40:43 pm »

Obama is in a pretty convenient spot on this one, never having employed a single person. Can't fire someone if you've never hired someone.

Someone might think about changing the channel from Fox News every once in a while.  Is Steve Doocy frequenting the forums now?

Shocked

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2012, 12:43:20 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZMndjLIQUFw[/youtube]

Obama economics:

Extend u/e benefits to 99 weeks so many of the unemployed have zero incentive to look for work for almost two years.  Then keep spending into oblivion because Bush did it too.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2012, 12:45:45 pm »

Someone might think about changing the channel from Fox News every once in a while.  Is Steve Doocy frequenting the forums now?

Shocked

Just extending my point that Obama doesn't really take a stance on anything therefore he can be anyone.

He reminds me of people I work with. They just try not to make waves. Don't do anything (good or bad) that will get them noticed. They go through life never really achieving anything other than keeping their job.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2012, 12:49:02 pm »

Extend u/e benefits to 99 weeks so many of the unemployed have zero incentive to look for work for almost two years.  Then keep spending into oblivion because Bush did it too.

You seriously think unemployment is high because people are too lazy to look for work?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2012, 12:50:48 pm »

Just extending my point that Obama doesn't really take a stance on anything therefore he can be anyone.

He reminds me of people I work with. They just try not to make waves. Don't do anything (good or bad) that will get them noticed. They go through life never really achieving anything other than keeping their job.

really?  Wow.

OBL.  Gone.
Health insurance expanded to those many who didn't have it.
Pre-existing condition refusal.  Bye bye.

Doesn't help that the Republican's stance on his Presidency from day 1 is anything he is for we're against...even if we were for it before he was inaugurated...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

erfalf
City Father

« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2012, 12:53:24 pm »

really?  Wow.

OBL.  Gone.
Health insurance expanded to those many who didn't have it.
Pre-existing condition refusal.  Bye bye.

Doesn't help that the Republican's stance on his Presidency from day 1 is anything he is for we're against...even if we were for it before he was inaugurated...

Thank the 111th congress. I seem to recall political commentators lamenting that Obama was not getting involved enough in the Health Care debate. I remember watching MSNBC and hearing every one of the talking heads pleading the president inject himself in the debate.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2012, 12:53:40 pm »

You seriously think unemployment is high because people are too lazy to look for work?

Nope.

I am saying though there’s a significant number of people who have no incentive to find a job until their benefits run out.  I can’t even begin to tell you the number of people who come in to get their “ticket punched” each week who have absolutely no intention of working for us.  I can also give you multiple anecdotes of people I know who are refusing to take jobs they consider beneath themselves while doing cash work on the side and justifying it with: “I paid for those benefits for 20 years, I’m going to get all the benefits I can!”

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2012, 12:53:58 pm »

really?  Wow.

Yes, that really is the line the right wing bloviators have been pushing the last few months. Obama, the do-nothing President. (in addition to pushing some legislation through his words, I seem to recall more than a few executive orders the righties got mighty pissed about) God forbid even a smidgen of truth creep into their polemics.

Edited to add: Conan, as you're aware, I'd like to put everyone on UE more than a couple of weeks to work at least one day a week mowing parks or whatever else needs to be done that we don't have the money for due to the economic situation. Have you noticed a difference in attitude among those looking for work since it was announced that extended UE is going away in Oklahoma?

I don't disagree that there are people out there with a massive sense of entitlement. Personally, I think people should feel free to use benefits available to them, but I also think they should be doing whatever they need to do to get off assistance if possible. If that means they need to see a shrink, that's fine by me. If it means they need to see a doctor, also OK. If that means they need to pound the pavement and find a job, that's good too.

At the same time, although that's not at all what it's for, I don't blame people for taking something of a vacation for a couple of weeks. Most of us only get a week or two off a year, which is just patently ridiculous. That's simply not enough free time to be a mentally healthy and well balanced human being. Moreover, a lot of companies give you zero days off the first year. IMO, that's abusive.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:00:26 pm by nathanm » Logged

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2012, 12:56:40 pm »

Yes, Conan truly believes in that bs. He's stuck in Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping in the smell of west side refineries.

War weary vets prefer POTUS OBAMA over a Hypocritical Corporate Elitist... http://news.yahoo.com/weary-warriors-favor-obama-131752838.html
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2012, 01:11:52 pm »

Obama economics:

What?  That doesn't work?  
When you get depressed, doesn't running up your credit cards make you feel better?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: May 14, 2012, 01:47:04 pm »

What?  That doesn't work?  
When you get depressed, doesn't running up your credit cards make you feel better?

I don't know.  Ask George W.  Obama wasn't the only President to do that.  Dubya made it stylish...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org