A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 05:33:42 pm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You people hate Obama  (Read 70407 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2012, 02:27:47 pm »

I would think that coming up with ways to continue using coal while not paying the enormous environmental cost would be a good thing for West Virginia (and Wyoming).

Depends on whether or not you are a mine worker whose job has been idled by environmental diddling or not.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2012, 02:30:20 pm »

Depends on whether or not you are a mine worker whose job has been idled by environmental diddling or not.

Way to think about the kids. Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2012, 02:33:56 pm »

Fox News reaction to gay marriage announcement:

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2012, 02:35:58 pm »

Fox News reaction to gay marriage announcement:

That's so gay.  

http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2012/05/09/obama-reverses-position-same-sex-marriage

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:40:48 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2012, 02:36:44 pm »

This might piss off the WV voter enough to vote for a criminal...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRl5HWZS6JY&feature=related[/youtube]

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2012, 02:41:24 pm »

If we let the hisitronic lobbyists control everything we do, we won't ever make any progress.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2012, 02:53:01 pm »

Yeah, they updated it to try to look less moronic.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2012, 02:54:58 pm »

GOOD! this charade is over! http://truth-out.org/news/item/9036-obama-backs-same-sex-marriage

Breakthrough!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbiPDSxFgd8[/youtube]

Doe Doe, touch me! Kiss
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2012, 02:56:39 pm »

Funny from Daily Kos:

Here's today's headline from the land of the lost—I mean, from the Fox News online division, defenders of freedom, abusers of words and small animals:

Yes. Yes, it's a War On Marriage now. Because after the War on Christmas and the War on Easter, we need a nice, early-summer thing to be worried about. Straight people, look out! They're coming for your Christmas trees, I mean, your emotional commitment to your spouse (note: if you're like Newt Gingrich, you may keep your Christmas trees around longer than your spouse. Family values!)

I'm impressed. There doesn't seem to be anything that Fox News can't make a crappy, apocalyptic headline out of. Fear the War on Marriage!

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2012, 02:57:45 pm »

If we let the hisitronic lobbyists control everything we do, we won't ever make any progress.

Well thank goodness we have you out there to keep us grounded since histrionic lobbyists have nothing to do with the bases of your opinions.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2012, 02:58:54 pm »

RNC: Obama 'playing politics' with gay marriage

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/05/rnc-obama-playing-politics-with-gay-marriage-122970.html

Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus is accusing President Obama of "playing politics" on gay marriage with his constantly evolving view.

"While President Obama has played politics on this issue, the Republican Party and our presumptive nominee Mitt Romney have been clear," he said in a statement. "We support maintaining marriage between one man and one woman and would oppose any attempts to change that."

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2012, 03:01:15 pm »

Gay GOP group: Obama took the 'Cheney position'

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/05/gay-gop-group-obama-took-the-cheney-position-122968.html

The GOP gay rights group GOProud notes that President Obama's support for same-sex marriage lagged Dick Cheney. Co-founder Chris Barron, in a statement:

“It is good to see that after intense political pressure that President Obama has finally come around to the Dick Cheney position on marriage equality. I am sure, however, the President’s newly discovered support for marriage is cold comfort to the gay couples in North Carolina. The President waited until after North Carolina passed a constitutional amendment bannings ame-sex marriage.”

“This is hardly a profile in courage by President Obama. For years now, President Obama has tried his hardest to have it both ways on this issue.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2012, 03:02:47 pm »

make no mistake.... bring it!

contract law 101
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2012, 03:14:50 pm »

Well thank goodness we have you out there to keep us grounded since histrionic lobbyists have nothing to do with the bases of your opinions.

You want to try again? I don't even understand what this says. They're all english words, but it doesn't parse as an english sentence.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2012, 03:24:14 pm »

West Virginia must REALLY hate Obama:

Have you ever been to West Virginia, Guido?  It's just like Oklahoma, only with more trees and less teeth.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org