A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 07:12:42 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You people hate Obama  (Read 70374 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 02:04:30 pm »

Maybe so, but not so overtly hostile.

Also dawned on me that no Democrat figureheads greeted Bush or Cheney on their last visits to Oklahoma.  Funny I didn’t hear anything about disrespect then.  We had a Democrat governor and mayor at the time.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2012, 02:08:31 pm »

Also dawned on me that no Democrat figureheads greeted Bush or Cheney on their last visits to Oklahoma.

Do you have evidence of that, or is it just an assumption? Last I heard you were wondering about it but hadn't actually looked into it.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2012, 02:11:20 pm »

Do you have evidence of that, or is it just an assumption? Last I heard you were wondering about it but hadn't actually looked into it.

Hey, he's no longer a Repiglican in name only....lol
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2012, 02:17:19 pm »

Nope, they did not.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2012, 02:28:08 pm »

Nope, they did not.

One other clarification request: Was this while they were in office, or after?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2012, 02:29:33 pm »

One other clarification request: Was this while they were in office, or after?

Nope, both were still in office.  Bush’s visit was, 2008 to OKC, Cheney either ’07 or ’08.  They ran his motorcade the wrong way up 2nd St.  It was so refreshing to see hipsters flipping off our VP.  Spoke quite well for Oklahoma, don’t you think?

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2012, 02:30:54 pm »

Nope, both were still in office.  Bush’s visit was, 2008 to OKC, Cheney either ’07 or ’08.  They ran his motorcade the wrong way up 2nd St.  It was so refreshing to see hipsters flipping off our VP.  Spoke quite well for Oklahoma, don’t you think?

I didn't equate Obama as a war criminal like those clowns Bush and Cheney....but I know you still tow the potty line.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2012, 02:34:29 pm »

I didn't equate Obama as a war criminal like those clowns Bush and Cheney....but I know you still tow the potty line.

Why not?  He’s continued their aggressions.  I seriously doubt rendition has come to an end either, regardless what the official line is.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2012, 02:52:18 pm »

I don't really care what the hipsters do. I care more about what our elected representatives do. If they were still in office and Brad Henry's office didn't send someone to meet them, he's as deserving of scorn on that point as Fallin is.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2012, 03:02:37 pm »

I don't really care what the hipsters do. I care more about what our elected representatives do. If they were still in office and Brad Henry's office didn't send someone to meet them, he's as deserving of scorn on that point as Fallin is.

Honestly, it doesn’t bother me if an elected official from the opposition party doesn’t greet a sitting president.  I certainly wouldn’t expect one of them to alter their schedule on such short notice either.

I seriously doubt this is anything new, nor is Oklahoma the first state for this to happen.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2012, 03:05:09 pm »

Honestly, it doesn’t bother me if an elected official from the opposition party doesn’t greet a sitting president.

See, I think it shows a lack of respect for the office, which is deserved regardless of how great or crappy the person holding it is.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2012, 01:38:53 pm »

Hello,
Partner One is the only ad agency that pays for many of your advertising costs for you. You never reimburse us. You only pay a small % of the sales increase we generate for your business.

business advertising

Does Partner One hate Obama?  If so, please offer a scaleable argument that contributes to that perception and somehow quantifies Partner One as a member of "You People."

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2012, 01:45:13 pm »

Hello,
Partner One is the only ad agency that pays for many of your advertising costs for you. You never reimburse us. You only pay a small % of the sales increase we generate for your business.

business advertising

Have you guys ever done an ad campaign for a certain Hormel product?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2012, 01:50:43 pm »

Have you guys ever done an ad campaign for a certain Hormel product?

I think they have.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2012, 10:43:18 pm »

West Virginia must REALLY hate Obama:

With 60-odd percent of the vote counted in West Virginia's Democratic primary, a man named Keith Judd can make a unique claim. He has won a greater proportion of the vote -- almost 40 percent -- than any other primary candidate running against Barack Obama.

Who's Keith Judd? He's prisoner #11593-051, currently serving out a sentence for making threats at the University of New Mexico. In 2008, he caused a minor stir for making the Idaho primary ballot, confounding state officials, who thought they had rules preventing that sort of thing. Unbowed, he ran again this year, delivering FEC reports every quarter -- although said reports are typically just essays containing his current worries about the Republic. From April:

According to the inspiringly thorough VoteSmart, Judd's criminal record is distracting us from an impressive resume. He's credited as "Founder, World Peace Through Musical Communications Skills, 1963-present," and "Member, Federation of Super Heroes, 1976-1982." (We all remember what happened in 1982. Don't make me describe it again.)

Four years ago, Barack Obama went into West Virginia and got mowed down, winning only 26 percent of the vote and losing every county to Hillary Clinton. He's doing better tonight. But consider the competition -- this guy's not set to be released from prison until next June.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/05/08/meet_keith_judd_the_death_row_inmate_winning_delegates_against_barack_obama.html

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org