A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 12:33:58 pm
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes to Tulsa's residential trash system  (Read 126371 times)
rdj
City Father

« Reply #285 on: June 13, 2012, 02:27:34 pm »

You'll have a hard time finding space for something that will take up 0.05% of your lot?  As opposed to a 2,000 sq ft home taking up 20.4% of your lot.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #286 on: June 13, 2012, 03:02:11 pm »

Math isn't your friend.

The carts are 30 inches wide and 36 inches deep. Each footprint is 7.5 square feet. Times two carts.

Just to be helpful, it is 15 square feet (or less than a third of what you said).

It's possible he means 49 cubic feet.  Different animal completely.  It scares me a little if he got that number from the BA study.  That cements everything I believe about BA.

"You can't fix stupid"
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:05:28 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #287 on: June 13, 2012, 03:10:13 pm »

He means the capacity of the two carts, not the footprint.

But who am I to correct him?

Power is nothing till you use it.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2012, 01:41:33 pm »

Math isn't your friend.

The carts are 30 inches wide and 36 inches deep. Each footprint is 7.5 square feet. Times two carts.

Just to be helpful, it is 15 square feet (or less than a third of what you said).
_________________________________________________________________________________

Are we talking about 15 square feet storage space or the amount of the space needed to use the carts?  The figures being used included also the walk around space need in order to handle the placing of the bags in the carts or was the citizens expected to practice basket ball with the bags? 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 01:43:40 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2012, 02:07:37 pm »

Are we talking about 15 square feet storage space or the amount of the space needed to use the carts?  The figures being used included also the walk around space need in order to handle the placing of the bags in the carts or was the citizens expected to practice basket ball with the bags? 

You are reaching further in this post then you will be to put your trash in the container.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #290 on: June 16, 2012, 04:59:41 pm »

It's possible he means 49 cubic feet.  Different animal completely.  It scares me a little if he got that number from the BA study.  That cements everything I believe about BA.

"You can't fix stupid"

It's all the "emigrants" who have moved there in the past 20+ years to escape something about Tulsa...then brought it all with them to set up shop in BA the same way.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #291 on: June 18, 2012, 05:33:30 pm »

Carts to start distribution on July 16th; current recycling suspended until the carts are delivered.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=334&articleid=20120618_334_0_hrimgs101953

For those behind the paywall...

By BRIAN BARBER World Staff Writer
Published: 6/18/2012  10:34 AM
Last Modified: 6/18/2012  4:59 PM

Continuing coverage: Read more on Tulsa's trash service here.

Tulsa's trash board approved a three-month trash collection program Monday since the city's current hauler is unable to continue beyond its June 30 contract expiration.

The temporary program to run from July through September involves once-a-week collection for all households, a cheaper monthly rate, different service days and a suspension of recycling pickup.

The rate will go from $13.44 to $10.52 per month to match the small section of the city known as the northwest quadrant that already has once-a-week collection.

Recycling collection will resume as the trash and recycling carts begin to be delivered July 16 at a rate of about 12,000 to 15,000 households per week for the volume-based system set to launch Oct. 1.

The temporary summertime trash program impacts the 95,000 households that have been under the current hauler, Tulsa Refuse Inc.

TRI originally had agreed to continue the current service for the summer months but never signed a contract. It has been having equipment and manpower issues.

The city's northwest quadrant, with about 20,000 houses, will continue to have its usual once-week trash service by city crews until Oct. 1.

The recycling suspension impacts the entire city. Residents will be encouraged to use the Metropolitan Environmental Trust recyclable drop-off sites.

The city's new hauling company, NeWSolutions, is starting work early for the program under an emergency contract. Its contract to service the entire city with the new volume-based system still begins Oct. 1.

By BRIAN BARBER World Staff Writer

The link includes a map of the days assigned to the regions.  Obviously the NW quadrant who already has once a week service will see no change.  The others roughly are:

Monday:  South Tulsa, generally south of 61st to the River and east of Harvard Ave to Garnett
Tuesday:  East Tulsa, generally north of 71st to north city limits, east from Sheridan to east city limits.
Wednesday: Small sliver of North Tulsa, north from I-244 to the north city limits between Yale and Sheridan.
Thursday:  Southwest Tulsa, bounded by the Creek Turnpike to the south, the river on the west, north roughly to 31st and Riverside, back east to I-44 and Memorial, then back south to 61st Street
Friday: All of west Tulsa west of the River, and that section bounded by I-244 on the north, the west leg of the IDL on the west, 31st on the south and Sheridan on the east.

Gave the description above for those unable to break the paywall.  Tomorrow's paper should have a good map.  I can't get a link to work for the current image on the site so you can see it.  Hopefully my description is easy enough to understand.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #292 on: June 18, 2012, 06:17:15 pm »

Eck at their Source Code.

Thank you,
Robert Town
shadows
City Father

« Reply #293 on: June 18, 2012, 06:38:58 pm »

Let us be fair in the reason the present haulers would not sign a contract.  The trash is being picked up by a group of private haulers who furnish their own workman comp, they owned and maintained their own trucks and hired their own helpers.  The months of July, August and September are the months that the heat assaults workers causing a very uncommon condition as to the rest of the year.  Bring unaware of the condition imposed by the new contractor one would presume that it is written on latex rubber as it seems to be very flexible and binding only to the rate payers who are subject to any condition imposed with “We will decide for you.”

Why would any group want to work during the months where heat related illnesses escalate at an alarming rate? If you had a family depending on you would you wait three month to look for a job or now while the unemployment is at a low cycle?
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:45:56 pm by shadows » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #294 on: June 18, 2012, 06:42:42 pm »

Eck at their Source Code.

I tried that and couldn't find a viable link..thanks

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #295 on: June 18, 2012, 06:44:57 pm »

It was near the top, they do some interesting (being nice) stuff with JavaScript so its in an odd place.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:49:12 pm by godboko71 » Logged

Thank you,
Robert Town
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #296 on: June 18, 2012, 06:49:30 pm »

Let us be fair in the reason the present haulers would not sign a contract.  The trash is being picked up by a group of private haulers who furnish their own workman comp, they owned and maintained their own trucks and hired their own helpers.  The months of July, August and September are the months that the heat assaults workers causing a very uncommon condition as to the rest of the year.  Bring unaware of the condition imposed by the new contractor one would presume that it is written on latex rubber as it seems to be very flexible and binding only to the rate payers who are subject to any condition imposed with “We will decide for you.”

Why would any group want to work during the months where heat related illnesses escalate at an alarming rate? If you had a family depending on you would you wait three month to look for a job or now while the unemployment is at a low cycle?
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Can the city help it if the initial THIRTY YEAR CONTRACT began on July 1st?

That's the only thing I'm upset with the city about is approving a 30 year contract for anything.  That's just silliness squared.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #297 on: June 18, 2012, 06:53:02 pm »

Can the city help it if the initial THIRTY YEAR CONTRACT began on July 1st?

That's the only thing I'm upset with the city about is approving a 30 year contract for anything.  That's just silliness squared.

Yes a contract Almost two years older then I. That is scary. Ah well, an sure those greased pockets are either passed on or at least out of money.

Thank you,
Robert Town
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #298 on: June 18, 2012, 07:13:24 pm »

Here's a link to a little bigger PDF map outlining the pickup days in the transition.  Maybe a little easier for some to read.

http://www.cityoftulsa.org/media/228206/SW%20Collection%20Days%207-1%20to%209-30.pdf

shadows
City Father

« Reply #299 on: June 18, 2012, 07:22:00 pm »

What is a contract?  Is it merely a piece of paper to wave around in the air crying “I got a contract?”  The bidders should have been aware the contract to pick up the trash started on July 1 not October 1 when the bids were solicited and submitted.

Is it the policy for the city to ask for bids with “If your bid is awarded, the contract can be change to any date at you conveyance?

“Does the new bidding contract have the date of beginning on July 1 or October 1” 

Will all future city contracts be awarded under the same policy of beginning work at your convenience?   
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:24:44 pm by shadows » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org