A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 11:51:38 pm
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes to Tulsa's residential trash system  (Read 126299 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2012, 11:03:15 am »

Yes. TRI dropped the lawsuit when they ran out of money to pay their lawyers.

Power is nothing till you use it.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2012, 05:04:06 pm »

Yes. TRI dropped the lawsuit when they ran out of money to pay their lawyers.
________________________________________________________________________________

In some of the larger cities there have been rumors that trash hauling is a real lucrative venture and a source for money laundering by persons of questionable character.  If one were to analyze the amount of legal money evolved in trash collecting, the robbing of banks would be penny-anti compared to the trash business.

Having followed the out of state grand jury inquiry I would not be surprised if the TRI was told to drop their challenge.           
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:09:03 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2012, 07:37:20 pm »

Just stop shadows.

You are making a fool of yourself looking for a way to be opposed to this progress. For you to imply such ridiculous assertions is really low class, even for you.

You don't have a clue as to what is happening and your innuendo is libelous and foolish.

Give it up.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #183 on: April 24, 2012, 04:39:07 pm »

Just stop shadows.

You are making a fool of yourself looking for a way to be opposed to this progress. For you to imply such ridiculous assertions is really low class, even for you.

You don't have a clue as to what is happening and your innuendo is libelous and foolish.

Give it up.
---------------------------------------Tulsa has become a big city with uncountable wealth and is still growing. It paid for a trash burner but never owned it. The beer war in KC should have never happened. The riot in Tulsa in ‘21 should never have happened.

Some one seems to be pushing this trash change that will eliminate independent small business men and their employees of their source of income and divert that income into the coffers of one big company with the citizens footing the bill.

I fail to see where trying to get the facts on the table has anything to do with innuendo’s and libelous when all the facts should have been presented to the public beforehand instead of being conducted in a highly political atmosphere.   
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:43:59 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #184 on: April 24, 2012, 06:25:49 pm »

You implied that the haulers were all mafia. It was an irresponsible and stupid thing to do.

You talk about facts, then write everything but.

No one is eliminating small businessmen. TRI was a consortium of small haulers and a handful of them broke away after 32 years and formed a new compnay that put in the low bid.

Believe me, there was plenty of coverage of all the facts. No one is hiding anything. You are a fool if you don't understand that.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #185 on: April 24, 2012, 07:12:01 pm »

You implied that the haulers were all mafia. It was an irresponsible and stupid thing to do.

You talk about facts, then write everything but.

No one is eliminating small businessmen. TRI was a consortium of small haulers and a handful of them broke away after 32 years and formed a new compnay that put in the low bid.

Believe me, there was plenty of coverage of all the facts. No one is hiding anything. You are a fool if you don't understand that.

I think you pretty much could have stopped there.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
rdj
City Father

« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2012, 07:47:14 am »

Can someone tell me about the beer war in KC?

Are we talking about the Blvd Boys & Marshall Mafia going at it?  Like in a sharks & jets kinda way?  I might pay for that!

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2012, 11:25:32 am »

Can someone tell me about the beer war in KC?

Are we talking about the Blvd Boys & Marshall Mafia going at it?  Like in a sharks & jets kinda way?  I might pay for that!

I've got these

Beer Wars

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY-Bg5Odi0M[/youtube]

Bear Wars

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quBcHOoxpWo[/youtube]
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2012, 11:32:30 am »

Wasn't that settled where in the process included a transition period that TRI could extend the contract month to month while the new contract was being phased in?

They mentioned on the news last night that TRI wants up to $250K extra for “truck maintenance” to make it through the summer, otherwise they may not be able to service Tulsa customers beyond July.  MC also thought she heard there was discussion on twice weekly pick up with the bins.  I thought that ran counter to what we’ve been talking about here with once a week service only.  Anyone got anything on that?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2012, 12:12:21 pm »

They mentioned on the news last night that TRI wants up to $250K extra for “truck maintenance” to make it through the summer, otherwise they may not be able to service Tulsa customers beyond July. 

With some of the horrifying deathtraps I've seen lumbering along our streets, they should've paid attention to needed maintenance already.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2012, 12:23:32 pm »

With some of the horrifying deathtraps I've seen lumbering along our streets, they should've paid attention to needed maintenance already.

Our neighborhood truck was DRT last Friday morning just down the block.  With the way the driver drives it, surprised it didn’t happen sooner.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2012, 12:37:41 pm »

Our neighborhood truck was DRT last Friday morning just down the block.  With the way the driver drives it, surprised it didn’t happen sooner.

There's one (or two/three that look the same) I've seen on 244/75 by the rail yard and thought "What the Hell is that doing on the highway?"
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2012, 12:41:37 pm »

They mentioned on the news last night that TRI wants up to $250K extra for “truck maintenance” to make it through the summer, otherwise they may not be able to service Tulsa customers beyond July.  MC also thought she heard there was discussion on twice weekly pick up with the bins.  I thought that ran counter to what we’ve been talking about here with once a week service only.  Anyone got anything on that?

Calling RM....

....kind of a form of extortion leverage. Cities tit caught in the ringer? We could have 3 months of sweltering stink lying around our neighborhoods. I think the city should pony up, but they might have to "christian" this mob down on the price. Imagine the pests if no compromise is reached.  Undecided
TeeDub
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2012, 12:51:31 pm »

MC also thought she heard there was discussion on twice weekly pick up with the bins. 

32 Gallon - 12.50

64 gallon - 14.00

96 gallon - 15.50

2x a week service - Add $5

http://kwgs.com/post/hear-mornings-top-local-news-kwgs
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2012, 01:23:22 pm »

Calling RM....

....kind of a form of extortion leverage. Cities tit caught in the ringer? We could have 3 months of sweltering stink lying around our neighborhoods. I think the city should pony up, but they might have to "christian" this mob down on the price. Imagine the pests if no compromise is reached.  Undecided

It sounds as if the new contractor could either come in sooner or find other contractors to fill in until October.

What a tangled web.

TeeDub- thanks!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org