A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 12:59:31 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes to Tulsa's residential trash system  (Read 126372 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2012, 04:02:30 pm »

The two cart system will be a drain on the working poor, the retirees, pensioners and social SS recipients.
The requirement that all trashed be bagged in an added expense to this group who are on very limited incomes.
Increasing taxes to pay for the carts or transferring the money from an account where it was not needed. 
It must come from somewhere.
If one wants twice a week trash pickup it is only a few dollars more.
(Twice a week pickup would be rerunning the same route two times weekly)
Two crews also will be needed?
What will be the cost to the taxpayer be if only one person in a block wants twice weekly pickup? 
Limit the time the carts can sit beside the street while some handicap citizens depend to other persons to move the trash buggies to the street.
Define the position and distance it is to set beside the street.
Add or transfer six present trash employees into code enforcement. (Are these not needed presently?)

I will try one more time to explain the answers to you, shadows.

The poor/retirees/pensioners/etc. who make little trash will be able to see their bills go down a dollar a month. I see plastic trash bags at the Dollar Store for twelve for a dollar. You can also reuse small plastic grocery bags (most people have plenty of them for free).

Taxes were not increased to pay for carts. It is included in the rates.

It is about $1.30 more per week if you want an additional trash service day. It seems to be a fair price to me for those who request it. I don't need twice a week trash collection. I doubt two extra crews will be needed and predict that much over 90% of the residents will be satisfied with once a week trash collection. The rest of the block is not charged extra if one person opts for twice a week service.

The definition of the curb is being set and I suspect it will be within three feet of the curb. The City wants the carts to face outward so they can systematically pick them up as efficeintly as possible. Both of these items are being discussed and the city will greatly publicize these rules.

Present trash employees have not been transferred to code enforcement. Trash workers have just gone through training to be able to understand the new rules and work with residents. 

Try and be open-minded about the new system. Usually seniors are very happy to stop having to pay for the large generation households.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Bumby
Activist

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2012, 06:10:43 pm »

The trash inside the cart has to be bagged? 
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2012, 06:34:18 pm »

Most people use a trash bag for interior containers then transfer these to the cart when full. I don't know how much they are going to enforce this, but it is a good idea.

In particular, one of the main components of roadside litter is trash blowing out of a trash truck. Bagged trash doesn't. In particular, one should always bag small lightweight items like foam peanuts.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2012, 09:51:25 pm »

I had gotten the impression that different sorts of waste were to be bagged in different types of bags.  At least that’s what a friend was trying to tell me today.

Personally, I use liners in all my trash cans in the house so no sweat off my brow or anything new.  I don’t usually bag odd wood waste from various projects around the house, or if I go through and pick up a pile of twigs.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2012, 10:08:54 pm »

I had gotten the impression that different sorts of waste were to be bagged in different types of bags.  At least that’s what a friend was trying to tell me today.

Personally, I use liners in all my trash cans in the house so no sweat off my brow or anything new.  I don’t usually bag odd wood waste from various projects around the house, or if I go through and pick up a pile of twigs.

Isn't there going to be a requirement to do green waste in bags that we pay for?  Or has that not been decided yet?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
shadows
City Father

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2012, 08:10:03 am »

RM: There are some very intelligent people, not in the city employment, that will want to know if only one households in the block, want twice a week pickup and such cost can be reclaimed by the city for a mere $1.30 a month or  .325 cents each trip. It would be a bargain.  Do you have any more pigs in that poke?

Then they are considering the amount of fine for non compliance of the new laws to be enacted.   Shouldn’t the citizens be advised forehand of what new regulations that will be enforced with this bouquet they are going to get? 

Then the bags one gets from the store will be too small and light weight except to Kleenex and those bags will go in the recycle cart.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:11:40 am by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2012, 08:55:38 am »

Try reading comprehension. It is $1.30 a WEEK.

That is what the contractor bid. The city doesn't plan to make any money on this and just passes on the contractor charge.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2012, 10:10:18 am »

Has the bidder posted his bid bond or is this a non protected, assume, maybe, contract like so many contracts “where if that is not enough come back and get some more.”

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2012, 10:13:37 am »

Has the bidder posted his bid bond or is this a non protected, assume, maybe, contract like so many contracts “where if that is not enough come back and get some more.”

Why would you ask?

The city legal department, the city purchasing department, and public works department have all followed all the proper procedures, as expected.

Are you just making stuff up to whine, or do you really have true questions?   

JWall
Tourist

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2012, 01:36:36 pm »

I thought I read that you could put green waste inside the provided cart as long as it was bagged and fit inside.
Is this correct?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2012, 02:26:50 pm »

Yes. Light generators of green waste are allowed to add it bagged in their cart. Every week of the year. The city is also discussing some other limited times of free or subsidized green waste collections and/or distributing free bags or stickers.

JWall
Tourist

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2012, 03:06:35 pm »

Great. Thanks Michael
shadows
City Father

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2012, 08:02:08 pm »

Why would you ask?

The city legal department, the city purchasing department, and public works department have all followed all the proper procedures, as expected.

Are you just making stuff up to whine, or do you really have true questions?   
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I was only concerned about a city that seem to decay more rapid each year.  A city that is losing their citizens to the Burbs.  Tour east BA and look at the quality of apartments and housing that are being built in relation to the square miles in its city limits.
                                         You cite the persons serving the bureaucracy and forget the aged, the widow, retiree, the pensioner and the SS precipitant who need help.  Why is it that a Federal Grand Jury, empanelled in another state, is in its second year looking into the corruption in Tulsa?  Yea I know we have a new city hall that we didn’t need and citizens were told the old one would bring 10 M dollars but brought only one tenth of what it was said to be worth.

The President is making a visit to Oklahoma and Oklahoma officials make sure they are out of state.  This insult will have long repercussions as some of the states in the confederacy already speak of Oklahoma as being seized with corruption.   For the next four years this state and city will be on the Fed sh$$t list instead of getting federal money.  As this money dries up so will the city and state.  The recycling materials will be need to fill the chug holes in the streets.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2012, 10:25:51 pm »

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I was only concerned about a city that seem to decay more rapid each year.  A city that is losing their citizens to the Burbs.  Tour east BA and look at the quality of apartments and housing that are being built in relation to the square miles in its city limits.
                                         You cite the persons serving the bureaucracy and forget the aged, the widow, retiree, the pensioner and the SS precipitant who need help.  Why is it that a Federal Grand Jury, empanelled in another state, is in its second year looking into the corruption in Tulsa?  Yea I know we have a new city hall that we didn’t need and citizens were told the old one would bring 10 M dollars but brought only one tenth of what it was said to be worth.

The President is making a visit to Oklahoma and Oklahoma officials make sure they are out of state.  This insult will have long repercussions as some of the states in the confederacy already speak of Oklahoma as being seized with corruption.   For the next four years this state and city will be on the Fed sh$$t list instead of getting federal money.  As this money dries up so will the city and state.  The recycling materials will be need to fill the chug holes in the streets.

Why I do believe you have gotten the vapors!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2012, 10:24:49 am »

Why I do believe you have gotten the vapors!

Must've been oxygen deprivation at one time or another.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org