A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:41:19 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lorax  (Read 4289 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: March 02, 2012, 07:20:12 pm »

Saw that would my son today. RM:  Avoid at all costs, priapism chance at 100% for you.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
dbacks fan
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 07:48:12 pm »

I see what you did there.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:00:26 pm »

I know the story. Read it to both my kids.

I am sure we will buy the movie and show it at slumber parties.

Power is nothing till you use it.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 07:32:55 pm »

Guido - dd not not know the story line?  There is a book and an original movie... I liked the original movies, so I'm hesitant to see if because I figure I will be disappointed.  But the other sources are heavy on the environmental message so I would assume this would be also.

Other being a movie based on an environmental activist type book... is the movie well done?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 09:54:02 pm »

Did someone have a Pee Wee Herman moment??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 10:28:48 pm »

Guido - dd not not know the story line?  There is a book and an original movie... I liked the original movies, so I'm hesitant to see if because I figure I will be disappointed.  But the other sources are heavy on the environmental message so I would assume this would be also.

Other being a movie based on an environmental activist type book... is the movie well done?
Nope, didn't know the story and, frankly, wouldn't matter. My 6 y/o enjoyed it, which makes it a-okay in my book. As for being "well done", I found other attempt at Seuss books better. Still, I wasn't disappointed. Can't go terribly wrong with Ed Helms, Danny Devito, and Betty White.

Now, "Project X", that one there SUCKED so bad I walked out. First time I ever did that.

dbacks fan
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 10:37:14 pm »

Nope, didn't know the story and, frankly, wouldn't matter. My 6 y/o enjoyed it, which makes it a-okay in my book. As for being "well done", I found other attempt at Seuss books better. Still, I wasn't disappointed. Can't go terribly wrong with Ed Helms, Danny Devito, and Betty White.

Now, "Project X", that one there SUCKED so bad I walked out. First time I ever did that.

guido, you mean this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1636826/? I wouldn't go see that if they paid me for it, and I mean serious money.

Did you go see "Jack & Jill" with Adam Sandler? If so, I don't think I would hire you.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:39:31 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 10:52:51 pm »

guido, you mean this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1636826/? I wouldn't go see that if they paid me for it, and I mean serious money.

Did you go see "Jack & Jill" with Adam Sandler? If so, I don't think I would hire you.
Todd Phillips produced it so I gave it a shot. I f'd up. Please, give me another chance.... Cry

dbacks fan
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 11:03:55 pm »

Todd Phillips produced it so I gave it a shot. I f'd up. Please, give me another chance.... Cry

I don't know, I might have to have Judge Glassco vet you...........
dbacks fan
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 11:07:43 pm »

I don't know, I might have to have Judge Glassco vet you...........

And also Chris Economou and Rita Lampkin.......
dbacks fan
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 12:09:39 am »

So with so many movies being geared towards saving the enviroment, and you can pick and choose from the animated movies, how is this different from this combination of a Crosby, Stills, and Nash song that was not part of a movie, but was released as a music video showing clips of the movie set to their song? Thirty years later the difference is what you want to save, but the message from Hollywood is the same.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lnorVEvF40[/youtube]
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 02:15:38 pm »

I have no idea why I thought "Project X" was about monkey's.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org