A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:24:35 pm
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Arizona Massacre  (Read 94560 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2011, 01:55:42 pm »

If you'd like to meet an interesting cross-section of people as the basis for writing a book, I highly recommend working in any retail environment.  You'll meet grifters, con-men, thieves, demanding and entitled brats, wackos, nymphos, and many, many more.

I've done that, and I worked in a psychiatric hospital for a few years.  We had one genuine sociopath, and I truly hope that none of us ever encounter another one.  In an earlier time, he would have been burned at the stake.  The guy was soulless and devoid of emotion.  He could cut your throat and walk away singing.  He was the only patient that frightened me.

Too bad one has to deal with the grifters, con men, thieves, brats, etc. just to get to be around the nymphos.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2011, 07:29:54 pm »

Now this is how a conservative public figure should deal with the leftist defamation that those on the right that espoused "vitriolic speech" somehow caused the Tucson shooting:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SaK0EsJyqhM[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2011, 04:37:01 pm »

One of Loughner's shooting victims shows up at a town hall meeting and threatens Tea Party member. Gets arrested and will be charged.

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13849741
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:45:21 pm by guido911 » Logged

waterboy
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2011, 05:06:52 pm »

Sweet. Just keeps getting weirder.

One of those shot, actually went to Loughner's parents to assure them he didn't hold them responsible for their son's actions.

One of the women shot, publicly spoke of forgiving him and instead holds a community that didn't see the signs or act on them responsible. Okay.....

One of the guys who tackled him had a Ruger in his pocket but decided not to pull it because he feared the others might think he was also a shooter. Smart thinking.

Any surprise that it's now reported that Phoenix is losing its dominance as one of the hot spots for young people to move to?
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2011, 05:34:29 pm »

Sweet. Just keeps getting weirder.

One of those shot, actually went to Loughner's parents to assure them he didn't hold them responsible for their son's actions.

One of the women shot, publicly spoke of forgiving him and instead holds a community that didn't see the signs or act on them responsible. Okay.....

One of the guys who tackled him had a Ruger in his pocket but decided not to pull it because he feared the others might think he was also a shooter. Smart thinking.

Any surprise that it's now reported that Phoenix is losing its dominance as one of the hot spots for young people to move to?

I wonder if it is too early to assign blame to those that blamed the right wing/tea party vitriol for Fuller's actions.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2011, 05:53:39 pm »

Sorry, I cannot resist posting the way left Media Matters story about Fuller.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201101140044

Schadenfreude.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2011, 02:51:22 pm »

The murdered little girl's family donated her organs to a Boston girl.

http://www.kpho.com/news/26508395/detail.html

Triumph of this family's human spirit in a time of what could only be unimaginable grief.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #232 on: January 17, 2011, 11:30:06 am »

Sorry, I cannot resist posting the way left Media Matters story about Fuller.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201101140044

Schadenfreude.

JFC, talk about a hate-baiting moonbat lib.

I understand he's one of the wounded, but he's engaging precisely in what he's accusing Beck, Palin, Faux, etc. of.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2011, 11:48:27 am »

He should be condemmed for his hateful words just like he accuses others of spewing hate.

I do like this one quote from him..."We've got a surplus of demented dingbats, wackos."

Kettle, meet pot.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2011, 12:32:13 pm »

He should be condemmed for his hateful words just like he accuses others of spewing hate.

I do like this one quote from him..."We've got a surplus of demented dingbats, wackos."

Kettle, meet pot.

He does make a point regards to the surplus.  Maybe not so much though, as the ease with which global communication can be had by the common man (internet..hell, even internet radio can be done by any schmoe with a broadband connection) has increased over the last three decades.

Doesn't absolve this moonbat from responsibility at all, though.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #235 on: January 17, 2011, 02:14:27 pm »

The murdered little girl's family donated her organs to a Boston girl.
And the cynic in me asks: "There are people who aren't organ donors?"

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2011, 02:51:19 pm »

And the cynic in me asks: "There are people who aren't organ donors?"

I have to admit FMC and I were gagging on the news reports from this aspect of the event last night.  I think it's great the family was good with donating her organs, don't get me wrong.  But....

They were reporting on how the girl was so giving and wanted someone to benefit from her.  Okay folks, that just sounds like news being tarted up in drama to me.  What nine year old has even remotely considered the possibility of donating their organs?  I simply get irrirated with the lengths the media goes to peddle hyperbole as news.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2011, 03:50:50 pm »

I simply get irrirated with the lengths the media goes to peddle hyperbole as news.

+1

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2011, 06:34:01 pm »

I simply get irrirated with the lengths the media goes to peddle hyperbole as news.

In this case, where a little girl was gunned down in the street, the fact that her family made the decision to think about another when they are suffering perhaps the worst possible pain is newsworthy. Perhaps the media was also trying to show some kind of a silver lining in this horrific story.

It reminds me of the family touring Italy when someone shot and killed their young son, and they thought of saving others and donated his organs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Green
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:36:18 pm by guido911 » Logged

TulsaMoon
Civic Leader

« Reply #239 on: January 17, 2011, 08:52:00 pm »

After being on vacation for 7 wonderful days I come home, pop up the forums and I read....A few people here wrote what his was really about. People died, others hurt and recovering. More than one family has had their hearts torn out and one very disturbed man is in custody.

The remainder of you that decided to turn this into what it has become, political, should be ashamed. Insulting each other? CjC?? Really?

That 9 year old little girl had more class in her little pinky toe than all of you put together in your whole miserable lives. That man showed more love for his wife by laying down his own for her than I think any of you can imagine. But still you write crap over and over. Well please continue. For myself I will keep the families in my thoughts for a very long time instead.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org