A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:16:29 pm
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Arizona Massacre  (Read 94569 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2011, 10:11:47 am »

I hadn't heard that term before.  Guess she grew up hearing that.
I was wondering when this BS leftist meme would hit this forum..

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2011, 10:14:22 am »

I was wondering when this BS leftist meme would hit this forum..

Awwww......

She'd have been smarter to do what she was doing...shut her pie-hole...and let it run its course.  She couldn't do that though.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:17:06 am by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2011, 10:21:24 am »

Among many other things, this is something of a test for Ms. Palin.  She's been plastered with a lot of blame for her rhetoric to date, some of which is deserved and some of which (IMO) isn't.  So: if you're a presumptive presidential candidate, how should you react to something like this (ie. unfair treatment in the media) in order to seem like a worthy leader of the American people?  Do you 1) take the high road? or 2) take the "blood libel" road? 
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2011, 10:25:30 am »

Among many other things, this is something of a test for Ms. Palin.  She's been plastered with a lot of blame for her rhetoric to date, some of which is deserved and some of which (IMO) isn't.  So: if you're a presumptive presidential candidate, how should you react to something like this (ie. unfair treatment in the media) in order to seem like a worthy leader of the American people?  Do you 1) take the high road? or 2) take the "blood libel" road? 

Maybe email Glenn Beck and hope for several loony-assed far right reaching websites to skew reality for you.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2011, 10:26:21 am »

I wish Palin would **** and fade into history, but most of the points she made in that little diatribe were on the mark.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2011, 10:28:41 am »

I wish Palin would **** and fade into history, but most of the points she made in that little diatribe were on the mark.

They may have been on the mark, but now the 'lamestream media', as she is so fond of referring to them as, will be all over this.  You have to think her staff knew exactly what they were saying with this term.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2011, 10:29:44 am »

I don't think its Palin's "we reload" comments that set someone like this off.  Its the general, if they pass <insert law> then the United States of America will be destroyed.  Day in, day out there is are people on Fox news telling them that they are destroying everything they know.  If the taxes go up 3% it is the end of America.  The world will be destroyed.  Etc Etc.  Just look at what happened to Judges  http://articles.cnn.com/2010-01-04/justice/judges.threats_1_marshals-service-federal-judges-report?_s=PM:CRIME

Pretty much the same thing coming out of MSNBC, Airhead America, Kos, HuffPo, and Michael Moron's "documentaries" from Nov. 2000 to Nov. 2008.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2011, 10:32:44 am »

The fear is ramping up:

Tulsa Police Bomb Squad had to blow up something suspicious that was found in the Home Depot downtown.
Apparently there was a piece of PVC pipe with some PVC caps on the ends.
You cant make this stuff up.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2011, 10:34:02 am »

Instapundit took the "blood libel" road two days ago.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703667904576071913818696964.html
Where was the outrage then? Fact is that the CjC and the tiny junk folks didn't get their collective panties wadded up until Palin used the phrase. In fact, these dooshes probably never heard this expression until they read about it on a left blog.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2011, 10:35:01 am »

They may have been on the mark, but now the 'lamestream media', as she is so fond of referring to them as, will be all over this.  You have to think her staff knew exactly what they were saying with this term.

She's not an overly bright woman and tact isn't her strongest point.

I admire her spunk and she's a fascinating individual, but she's nothing more than a puppet for the far right who has gotten more polished at spewing their talking points.  Other than her 1/2 term as governor, I've seen nothing about her which seems fit for leadership of this country.  She's a political rock star like President Obama. Perhaps her running her mouth constantly will render her irrelevant in the '12 primaries.

Speaking of, weren't candidates for POTUS '08 starting to announce about this time in 2007?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2011, 10:36:16 am »

The fear is ramping up:

Tulsa Police Bomb Squad had to blow up something suspicious that was found in the Home Depot downtown.
Apparently there was a piece of PVC pipe with some PVC caps on the ends.
You cant make this stuff up.

Are you serious?  I'm picturing some guy snickering as he put caps on a piece of cut PVC then walking out. 

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2011, 10:38:57 am »

Instapundit took the "blood libel" road two days ago.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703667904576071913818696964.html
Where was the outrage then? Fact is that the CjC and the tiny junk folks didn't get their collective panties wadded up until Palin used the phrase. In fact, these dooshes probably never heard this expression until they read about it on a left blog.

Haha, here come the adhoms from the Palin uberfan.  I wondered how long that would take.

And guess what:  Jonah Goldberg ain't no lefty.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/256946/blood-libel-jonah-goldberg
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:41:07 am by Hoss » Logged

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2011, 10:41:40 am »

Pretty much the same thing coming out of MSNBC, Airhead America, Kos, HuffPo, and Michael Moron's "documentaries" from Nov. 2000 to Nov. 2008.

To be honest, there is a large difference between raising taxes 3% or giving people health care and holding US Citizens in Gitmo/Starting Iraq on bad intel.  Also turns out, they were right.  Both Bush and Paulson said the economy would have collapsed if not for the bailout.  "If AIG collapsed, it would have buckled our financial system and wrought economic havoc on the lives of millions of our citizens," - Paulson  

Oh, and nobody got shot.  
dbacks fan
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2011, 10:46:08 am »

My take on the media:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saJjRTSwRVY[/youtube]
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2011, 10:50:23 am »

My take on the media:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saJjRTSwRVY[/youtube]

So true.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org