A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 03:21:56 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa, Wichita Ready for the AHL?  (Read 12458 times)
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 11:40:04 am »

AHL would have to have teams available to do such.  I think you're a baiter.  AND you live in OKC, so that doubles your dooshery.

Grin

Oh, and let me know how competing with the NBA does for that AHL team, since they'll be playing right across the street from each other.

Lips sealed

The CHL  AA  Blazers averaged 6,500 or better the whole time the Hornets/Thunder were here.  There is room for the NBA and AHL who is working on televising some TV games on Fox Sports Oklahoma.

Hoss, I'll keep you informed!
Grin
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:42:40 am by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 12:41:57 pm »

Lips sealed

The CHL  AA  Blazers averaged 6,500 or better the whole time the Hornets/Thunder were here.  There is room for the NBA and AHL who is working on televising some TV games on Fox Sports Oklahoma.

Hoss, I'll keep you informed!
Grin

6500 my a$$.  Brad Lund comped MANY of those tickets.  I went to enough games in OKC to know that what they said were in the building, as opposed to the number of butts in the seats, were usually pretty disproportionate.  Why do you think Funk shut the Blazers down?  The inflated attendance numbers.  You notice how those numbers came more in line when Funk bought the team?

I'll keep YOU informed, Laramie.  I'm pretty sure I know more die-hard Blazers fans than you.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 11:29:50 am »

Hoss,

I stopped going to Blazers games on a regular basis; the quality of play was poor.  I attended about 10 games in the last five years of the franchise's existence.

I don't truly think the team was losing money, here is what I heard--or whatever it is worth; high administrative salary costs was cited as one of the reasons for departing with Brad Lund and several overpaid staffers in the Blazers front office and Ford Center arena rent!

I don't know what the Tulsa Oilers are paying to play in the BOK Center (It's probably higher than in the Tulsa Convention Center); however, I predict that the team won't survive there long and will move to a smaller arena or to the surburbs.  Their biggest draws were Oklahoma City and Wichita.

The AHL will survive along with the NBA in OKC!

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 11:50:25 am »

I don't know what the Tulsa Oilers are paying to play in the BOK Center (It's probably higher than in the Tulsa Convention Center); however, I predict that the team won't survive there long and will move to a smaller arena or to the surburbs.  

I don't know the rent the Ice Oilers pay, but because of the number of games it is probably cheaper than what the Talons pay in rent.

The Tulsa World says the Talons pay $15,000 per game in rent and $5,000 in staffing and security. The Convention Center charged the team a flat $2,000 per game. They get their $20,000 back by a rebate of $22,500 in premium seating revenue per game and 20% of all food and drink sales.

The Talons average over 5,000 per game with at least 1,000 as promotional tickets. If those 5,000 each spent $10 a piece on food and drink, that would make the team another $10,000.

The Talons

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 01:09:53 pm »

Hoss,

I stopped going to Blazers games on a regular basis; the quality of play was poor.  I attended about 10 games in the last five years of the franchise's existence.

I don't truly think the team was losing money, here is what I heard--or whatever it is worth; high administrative salary costs was cited as one of the reasons for departing with Brad Lund and several overpaid staffers in the Blazers front office and Ford Center arena rent!

I don't know what the Tulsa Oilers are paying to play in the BOK Center (It's probably higher than in the Tulsa Convention Center); however, I predict that the team won't survive there long and will move to a smaller arena or to the surburbs.  Their biggest draws were Oklahoma City and Wichita.

The AHL will survive along with the NBA in OKC!

I know exactly what they pay and they will survive there as long as they are there, which is a 10-year contract.

Yes, they are paying more then when at the CC.  They currently pay $10,000 in rent per weekday night (including Fridays) and $15,000 for Saturdays.  They did pay $1500 and $2000 respectively at the old building.

The difference...and here's where it's important you read this...is that the Oilers now get two things they didn't at the CC:

1.  A percentage of the concessions.  I believe they started getting them once Fine Foods got out of the CC, but it wasn't as much as they are getting now.
2.  Guaranteed revenue from the luxury suites of $22,000 per game.

Do the math.  That MORE than offsets the difference in rent price.  Here's the source:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=071122_1_A29_hTheh47740&archive=yes

Try again.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:16:25 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org