A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:27:19 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone BUT Anna Falling for Mayor  (Read 31392 times)
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 07:58:20 am »

Anti-semitic?  Why are Jews given special treatment?  We have a cop on this board using anti-woman language (calling a senator a 'b*tcch'), insults based on anti-womyn sentiment (dude, 'c*ntry) and no one even objects.  Discriminatory, inflammatory language used to deride people with disabilities is common.  So what makes what FB said IN THIS THREAD so bad?

You've got me. I'm not an admin/mod and I've pretty much learned to tune out inflammatory posters. I'm sure I'm missing valid discussion, but previous posts that add nothing to the discussion but hate caused me to ignore most of what certain posters say.

In terms of Falling I am getting like so on her bandwagon and am going to support her 150%.  Money.  Signs.  The works.  Anything to help.  I hope she beats Medlock in votes but sure looks like ol' Blue Blood will get the GOP primary.

Out of curiosity... why?

---Robert
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 09:46:29 am »

I agree with FB.  Falling dilutes the Mudschlock vote.  I think only the most devoted of fundies will vote for Falling because she would be seen as being even to the right of CM. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tim huntzinger
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 10:03:57 am »

You've got me. I'm not an admin/mod and I've pretty much learned to tune out inflammatory posters. I'm sure I'm missing valid discussion, but previous posts that add nothing to the discussion but hate caused me to ignore most of what certain posters say.

Out of curiosity... why?

CLEARLY you have not been paying attention.  Inflammatory? Folk gotta take benadryl after my posts, apparently!

I offered support to both Bartlett and Medlock but they do not want my help.  Medlock is all about Chris and his position with the GOP, whereas Anna has a track record of actually doing something and is not a self-absorbed wonk.  Bartlett will be a cold blanket on the conservatives in the GOP.
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 10:07:12 am »

I agree with FB.  Falling dilutes the Mudschlock vote.  I think only the most devoted of fundies will vote for Falling because she would be seen as being even to the right of CM. 
KnowNothing and Conan71:

Thank you for defending my commentary on the local political scene.  I considered my remarks regarding Falling fair.

I really appreciate it, too, after being made to feel Sooooooo unloved by RecycleMichael's polemic.

I think when he sees one of my postings, he reaches immediately for a Nitroglycerine tablet just before the blood starts shooting out of his eyes.

RecycleMichael:  Live Long and Recycle.

Kiss
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 10:18:30 am »

CLEARLY you have not been paying attention.  Inflammatory? Folk gotta take benadryl after my posts, apparently!
I didn't realize that I had said anything about you. Sound like a little bit of narcissism to me.  Tongue

---Robert
tim huntzinger
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 10:42:36 am »

I didn't realize that I had said anything about you. Sound like a little bit of narcissism to me.  Tongue

My point was that if you ignore inflammatory posters what are you doing responding to me?  I have been called everything but a child of G-d here.  My post was supposed to be sardonic and self-effacing.

You asked why I would support her, I think Anna has a decent chance of winning a plurality of votes in the primary.  She is the underdog and that is appealing.  She has a good track record in private and public service and is not just a GOP shill.  I defended Medlock here and other places, even offered money and help with signs and heard nothing back.  Hopefully Anna wants the help or guess my support and vote mean nothing.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 01:13:12 pm »

My point was that if you ignore inflammatory posters what are you doing responding to me?  I have been called everything but a child of G-d here.  My post was supposed to be sardonic and self-effacing.

You asked why I would support her, I think Anna has a decent chance of winning a plurality of votes in the primary.  She is the underdog and that is appealing.  She has a good track record in private and public service and is not just a GOP shill.  I defended Medlock here and other places, even offered money and help with signs and heard nothing back.  Hopefully Anna wants the help or guess my support and vote mean nothing.

If you have all this pent up funding and time to spare, I'll let you give it to me.
tim huntzinger
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 01:35:49 pm »

If you have all this pent up funding and time to spare, I'll let you give it to me.

You are good for $20.  Where do I send it?  And as long as you do not mind Falling's signs crimping yo style lemme know where to pick em up.  Sorry missed the deal on Tues, just did not want to get my donkey kicked!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2009, 01:52:57 pm »

You are good for $20.  Where do I send it?  And as long as you do not mind Falling's signs crimping yo style lemme know where to pick em up.  Sorry missed the deal on Tues, just did not want to get my donkey kicked!

Feh, no one would have kicked your donkey.  Hell Paul Tay even showed up in a skirt and no one kicked his donkey.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 02:02:34 pm »

Feh, no one would have kicked your donkey.  Hell Paul Tay even showed up in a skirt and no one kicked his donkey.

As long as he doesn't show up with the inflatable junk, I'm sure I could tolerate him.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
shadows
City Father

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 03:02:23 pm »

Falling had some very outstanding supporters at the councilors meeting when the powers to be decided she was too interested in the needs of the city that she had installed in her district. 

In this un-democratic charter section of filling an unexpired term of mayor circumvents the democratic process where no one person will receive the majority vote, thus it increases the ability for the powers to select the one to replace the exiting mayor.   

Falling is possibly the nearest candid that would fulfill the “WE THE PEOPLE” clause.   She is only in need of a process to inform the working poor majority that she is one from their ranks.  Blessings on her and by her faith she succeeds.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 03:08:28 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
FOTD
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 03:15:55 pm »

Yes....blessings....count em. As long as Anna's not prostelityzing from a bully pulpit in city hall, we can count our blessings. As long as she's not further devaluing our image nation wide sitting on the sidelines, count your blessings.

Was that a hallelujah?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 07:43:59 pm »

I still believe that Anna Falling is more of a threat to Dewey Bartlett's chances to be Mayor than Chris Medlock's. Of course, no one can know for sure because there are usually many factors in deciding whom to support.

These are my theories...

First, in a head to head campaign, Bartlett dramatically outspends Medlock and probably gets most of the barely informed votes. Medlock's supporters seem to be passionate, but money spent usually wins in a head to head. Face it, most voters don't know the differences between two candidates. In a three way (or more) race, sometimes it only takes 35% to win. Chris Medlock got 34% last time and came in second.

Look at this Tulsa World story...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2006/Final/W_030906_A_6.PDF

In this primary race, LaFortune carried the GOP stronghold of midtown and the few republican voters of north Tulsa. That is the same strength of Anna Falling who served as a midtown city councilor and now runs a non-profit that feeds the poor in North Tulsa.

Secondly, the evangelical voter that Anna Falling is going after probably isn't in Chris Medlock's camp. I don't know as many evangelical voters as many of you, but I have heard from my friends that they remember that Medlock was a Unitarian noit long ago. In fact, he taught at threligious education classes at the big Unitarian Church on Peoria.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:48:56 pm by RecycleMichael » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2009, 08:48:24 pm »

There is the old story that there were no atheisms in the fox holes in Europe during WW11.  There are no fox holes in this country yet ether.  To attack ones belief in a master creator when there is not one among us that can explain why we are here is judgmental deeply engraved in our own ignorance.  She has dedicated some of her time to “Blessed are the poor’ of which shows her ability to lead not follow.  Seeking to carryout the job of mayor is a further endeavor of her goals.  Let us give her a chance.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2009, 09:41:03 pm »

To attack ones belief in a master creator when there is not one among us that can explain why we are here is judgmental deeply engraved in our own ignorance.

She can believe whatever she wants, but that does not give her the right to interject her beliefs into out-of-context situations. Creationism has no place in the realm of science, and especially not at the Tulsa Zoo.

---Robert
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org