A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:12:56 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A moment to brag  (Read 6193 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 09:19:26 am »

Congratulations.  Career-wise, what are you hoping to with the degree once you have finished up?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 09:23:11 am »

I'm not a big fan of OU

Absolute Blasphemy ! Off with his head ! or take away his ambition..... Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 11:07:59 am »

Is Dr. Lawless still the director of the honors program there?  He may have retired by this point.  I understand about having to move out of state for humanites centered graduate work.  The only Ph.D. philosophy program in the state is OU.  Not only is there program not suited to me, it's also just too close to OKC.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:25 pm »

Congratulations.  Career-wise, what are you hoping to with the degree once you have finished up?
What I have in mind is actually teaching and field research in my area of study, which I'm still honing in exactly where I want to go with that but I'm in the general area of ancient Mesopotamia up to the Roman empire.

Absolute Blasphemy ! Off with his head ! or take away his ambition..... Grin
sadly it's the fans that turn me off of them so much... That and it irritates me when Universities put so much emphasize on sports.  I just think how much that could go to academics. 

Is Dr. Lawless still the director of the honors program there?  He may have retired by this point.  I understand about having to move out of state for humanites centered graduate work.  The only Ph.D. philosophy program in the state is OU.  Not only is there program not suited to me, it's also just too close to OKC.
Honors program where?  TCC?  I'm not sure how long it has been since you went, there are advisors for the program for each campus.  I'm not in the honors program, though I should be and need to get that done, and the only one I know is Varnakey (no idea if that's even close to the actual spelling).
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 06:40:14 pm »

Honors program where?  TCC?  I'm not sure how long it has been since you went, there are advisors for the program for each campus.  I'm not in the honors program, though I should be and need to get that done, and the only one I know is Varnakey (no idea if that's even close to the actual spelling).

TCC Metro.  He may well have retired.  He was there as of a couple years ago.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 08:06:54 pm »

TCC Metro.  He may well have retired.  He was there as of a couple years ago.
Not sure.  Like I said, I haven't gotten into the honors program as of yet, so I don't know who all is involved with that, and I'm primarily focused on Southeast.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org