A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:45:27 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who will be next?  (Read 4195 times)
snopes
« on: November 10, 2006, 04:40:31 pm »

First Ed Bradley, and now Jack Palance passes away. I wonder which celebrity will be next? It seems these things always happen in threes and fours.
Cubs
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 04:49:13 pm »

Ah yes! How nice to predict death!
Maybe you ought to be worried about the thousands of babies killed in the U.S. every day thgough abortion.
papaspot
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 05:00:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Cubs

Maybe you ought to be worried about the thousands of babies killed in the U.S. every day thgough abortion.

Why? Are YOU? I seriously doubt if you give a rat's donkey about anything other than your Party controlling every aspect of society. If you gave a rat's donkey about unwanted children you would have adopted at least ONE. Have you? In fact, have you done ANYTHING about the plight of unwanted children other then to whine about abortion? It's not about babies, it's about control of society. Pretending that you care about anyone other than yourself and your precious Party is just disgusting.
waterboy
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 05:08:20 pm »

quote:

You belong on another forum, troll. After you get some serious counseling. Are you one of those morons who holds obscene photos on street corners and yells slurs to anyone who dares question your moral superiority? What a freak. Your response has nothing to do with the original post.
papaspot
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 05:45:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

quote:

You belong on another forum, troll. After you get some serious counseling. Are you one of those morons who holds obscene photos on street corners and yells slurs to anyone who dares question your moral superiority? What a freak. Your response has nothing to do with the original post.

The fact that neocons can't resist ANY chance to get on their soap box confirms to me that it's about control. It sure as HELL isn't about any kind of compassion.
snopes
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 06:44:45 am »

I'm not looking forward to anyone else dying. It's a simple observation that many have talked about before.

But, all politics aside, I can understand how it might come across as somewhat morbid. So, if I've offended anyone with this harbinger of death thread I apologize.
Rowdy
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 06:55:12 am »

I for one didn't take it as a bad thread.  After all, they said Palance died of natural causes and we all have to depart this world some day.
snopes
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 07:35:51 am »

Thanks Rowdy. Actually, after posting this and before any responses I kind of thought that it could be construed as me taking bets on might be the next to go. But more than anything, it's a commentary on how celebrity deaths always seem to happen in lumps. I for one will miss both Ed Bradley and Jack Palance sorely and would prefer if they were still with us.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 09:55:01 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy

I for one didn't take it as a bad thread.  After all, they said Palance died of natural causes and we all have to depart this world some day.

I'll start eating natural foods when people stop dying of natural causes.

Power is nothing till you use it.
papaspot
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 10:35:10 am »

quote:
Originally posted by snopes

Thanks Rowdy. Actually, after posting this and before any responses I kind of thought that it could be construed as me taking bets on might be the next to go. But more than anything, it's a commentary on how celebrity deaths always seem to happen in lumps. I for one will miss both Ed Bradley and Jack Palance sorely and would prefer if they were still with us.

I wouldn't give it a second thought, snopes. Cubs just grabbed a chance to try to divert another thread toward his party's agenda and get a little trolling in to boot. I think most of us think of celebrities in abstract terms and we usually think of their deaths more in terms of a news event than a human tragedy. That's just human nature. As your "second thought" post indicates, when the human aspect does occur to us, it draws out the human response in us instead of the abstract response. To tell ya the truth, I doubt if anyone gave it a second thought until Cubs exploited it to create a segue to his Party's soapbox.
snopes
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 10:41:43 am »

I think you pegged it pretty well Papaspot, thanks much. Well, now I'm gonna go outside and take care of my honey-do list! [}:)]
Porky
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 09:42:32 am »

quote:
Originally posted by snopes

First Ed Bradley, and now Jack Palance passes away. I wonder which celebrity will be next? It seems these things always happen in threes and fours.

It's The Fruitcake Lady........[Sad]

Fruitcake Lady Dies at 95

Marie Rudisill, (March 13, 1911 - November 3, 2006), was a writer and
television personality, best known as the nonagenarian woman who appeared in
the "Ask the Fruitcake Lady" segments on The Tonight Show on American
television. She was an aunt to novelist Truman Capote. Rudisill helped to
raise Capote, who lived with her at times during his childhood, both in
Alabama and New York City.........http://tinyurl.com/yyl2e9

"Ask The Fruitcake Lady" videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yaE9kisiG8
papaspot
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 10:09:22 am »

Porky, that's just about the funniest video I think I've ever seen. [}:)]

Eat yer yeart out, Dr. Phil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org