A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:43:51 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2048 Plymouth Prowler Dig - How Old Will You Be?  (Read 8640 times)
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 01:18:30 pm »

I'll be twice as old as I am now. Yikes.
dbacks fan
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 01:25:42 pm »

I'll be 84. Hope to live that long to see it.
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 01:45:20 pm »

Wow, at 63 years old in 2048, I will probably be the youngest one from this forum, lol.

Hawkins
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 02:25:58 pm »

I didn't see it go into the ground.

Did they do a better job of sealing the vault this time around you think? Or perhaps the Prowler will be destroyed as well by 2048?

What are the chances the vault's already been flooded now?

People on Fark are going bananas over this. They continually point out that cars are best preserved in above ground garages, not underground vaults, which is why no one else has burried one.

Saddam Hussien burried some jet fighters in the desert, and Rumsfeld had a field day with that one, I do recall.

Wekiwa
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 04:12:15 pm »

I'll be 91.  And plan to play 18 holes on my birthday that year too.  Ah....I'll finally be able to shoot my age.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 04:30:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

I didn't see it go into the ground.

Did they do a better job of sealing the vault this time around you think? Or perhaps the Prowler will be destroyed as well by 2048?

What are the chances the vault's already been flooded now?

People on Fark are going bananas over this. They continually point out that cars are best preserved in above ground garages, not underground vaults, which is why no one else has burried one.

Saddam Hussien burried some jet fighters in the desert, and Rumsfeld had a field day with that one, I do recall.

It should be just fine:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070616_1_A8_hOffi67475

Encased in modern plastics and stored in a vault above ground, a 1998 Plymouth Prowler stands a good chance of emerging from its time capsule in better shape than the 1957 Plymouth Belvedere, officials said Friday.
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 04:34:07 pm »

Just for everyone's information...here's a video of it going into the capsule.

VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni1K_wB3bUg

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 05:03:03 pm »

32  I will be 32 years old in 2048.  I decided to quit doing the "aging thing" quite a few years back, it's just not cool.

As for predictions... (barring we blow ourselves up or something to that affect)  I predict that a single home computer of that time will have the computing power of every human mind on earth... combined (moores law) That old prediction of walking, talking, humanoid robots will finally become reality. There will not be colonies on Mars, will perhaps be a scientific base on the south pole of the moon, but will likely have at least one touristy, outpost/hotel in orbit around the earth. Cancer will be cured along with most other diseases, aging will be dramatically slowed, some effects of aging reversed.  Other worlds will be found around stars able to harbor life and we will have telescopes able to see continents and detect atmospheric compositions on those planets. Chinas economy will roar ahead (its roaring 20s) then collapse  (its 1930s great depression) but then rise to become the main superpower (the US in the 50s).  The US will be something akin to what the UK is now in world power and influence.  (lots of chances for warring and fighting all along in there though) Oh, and turning our food supply into a fuel source, not a good idea IMO.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Rowdy
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 06:50:05 am »

I would be surprised if this world lasted that long with so much global tension.
pfox
Civic Leader

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 07:30:24 am »

83-ish

"Our uniqueness is overshadowed by our inability to be unique."
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 07:49:17 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TurismoDreamin

VIDEO

Heh.  When they are interviewing a brunette woman, Sharon King Davis steps into the background on the video.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
billintulsa
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 09:26:08 am »

According to currents plans, I would expect to be 99 years old.

We'll see.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 07:42:59 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TurismoDreamin

VIDEO

The videos were great. The Red Plymouth is really super. It Prowler it looked like they drove it into the vault and left it. I hope they drained all the fluids from the car before they sealed it up.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 07:45:20 am »

Sadly I don't think I'll be around in 2048 or 2057 when they open the time capsules unless they make some real advances in medical science. No one in my family lived to be over 100.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org