A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:26:08 pm
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Occupy Wall Street Movement an Answer to The Tea Party Movement?  (Read 383826 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2025 on: October 10, 2012, 07:05:29 pm »

If the "crap" comes from the right, it gets called out too:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/manure-dumped-dems-headquarters-article-1.1179172#ixzz28w3nVh8i

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #2026 on: October 11, 2012, 08:49:23 am »

Apparently they are claiming that it was not a deposit, but rather a return.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2027 on: October 11, 2012, 08:57:11 am »

Just more evidence of the idiocy of the extremist right.

Does anyone have a clue to how much that pile of carp is worth for a garden?  Bagged and sold at Lowe's, there is probably $500 - maybe more - sitting there.  I have a flatbed trailer, so if anyone, either side gets that put in front of their campaign headquarters, let me know - I will come get it for my garden.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #2028 on: October 12, 2012, 06:55:59 pm »

Oakland's police chief wants to fire two officers and discipline 42 others for misconduct during Occupy protests, including seriously injuring an Iraq War veteran with a bean-bag projectile.

Chief Howard Jordan's recommendations came today as the city released a summary of internal police investigations stemming from complaints filed after major protests, the Oakland Tribune reports.
At a news conference, Jordan said the department had received 1,127 complaints about officer conduct at three big Occupy Oakland demonstrations.
Jordan also acknowledged that one of his officers fired a bean-bag charge into the head of Iraq veteran Scott Olsen and that another officer fired a gas canister at rescuers who aided the bleeding Olsen.

The recommendations include 23 written reprimands, but Jordan also wants to fire two officers, demote another, suspend 15 officers for up to 30 days and send three to training, CBS SF says. City officials would not identify the officers, citing confidentiality laws.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #2029 on: October 12, 2012, 08:08:41 pm »

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2030 on: October 12, 2012, 08:27:42 pm »

Just more evidence of the idiocy of the extremist right.

Does anyone have a clue to how much that pile of carp is worth for a garden?  Bagged and sold at Lowe's, there is probably $500 - maybe more - sitting there.  I have a flatbed trailer, so if anyone, either side gets that put in front of their campaign headquarters, let me know - I will come get it for my garden.

Shut it down. You win.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2031 on: October 12, 2012, 08:30:54 pm »

It's those damn gun-clinging nuts...  Huh

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #2032 on: October 13, 2012, 06:42:11 am »

That looks like double-pane safety glass, and that makes sense given where it's installed.  You can break one pane with a sling shot and a marble or even a BB gun.  But to break both takes more power, a follow-up shot, or a second shooter.  Is there a grassy knoll nearby? 

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2033 on: October 17, 2012, 05:05:50 pm »

It only took a year...

Charges against two student journalists arrested while covering the Occupy Atlanta protests last year have finally been dropped.
http://www.pixiq.com/article/three-journalists-arrested-at-occupy-atlanta

Journalists Alisen Redmond of The Sentinel at Kennesaw State University and Judith Kim of The Signal at Georgia State University were arrested by police on November 5, 2011 on charges of “obstruction of traffic,” even though both women were standing with a group of other media reporters on a street that police had already closed to traffic.
http://blogs.nppa.org/advocacy/2012/10/15/charges-against-2-student-journa
lists-dropped-in-atlanta/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2034 on: October 24, 2012, 03:06:25 pm »

Today the National Press Photographer’s Association (NPPA) announced that it was joining 5 elected officials and almost a dozen members of the press in a lawsuit against the New York Police Department (NYPD) and JP Morgan Chase. The lawsuit alleges that the City of New York, the MTA, the NYPD, Brookfield Properties, and JP Morgan Chase conspired to violate the First Amendment rights of press members who were arrested while covering the “Occupy Wall Street” protests. The amended complaint seeks both redress against police misconduct during these arrests and that a federal independent monitor be appointed to observe future NYPD incidents involving the press.

http://blogs.nppa.org/advocacy/2012/10/22/nppa-joins-lawsuit-against-nypd/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #2035 on: October 10, 2013, 06:55:22 pm »

Former Occupy Wall Street Infiltrator Faces Gang Charges in Assault

NYPD detective was 'active participant' in beating of SUV driver targeted by bikers.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/detective-face-additional-charges-biker-attack-article-1.1480552

Detective Wojchiech Braszczok, 32, who once worked undercover as an Occupy Wall Street protester, now faces charges of gang assault, assault and criminal mischief after Alexian Lien was yanked from behind the wheel of his SUV and pummeled in front of his wife and 2-year-old daughter.
Braszczok smashed a rear window where the baby sat. It took the detective three days before admitting he was at the scene, but only after investigators identified him on video.

He gels his hair into a tough-guy “Lo-hawk.” He posts Weiner-esque, bare-chested “selfies” online, and swaggeringly boasts in a dating profile that he’s “attractive.”
Det. Wojceich Braszczok — the off-duty, NYPD undercover cop who shamed his badge by allegedly joining in a motorcycle gang’s terrorizing of a Manhattan family – was arraigned in Manhattan Wednesday on gang assault charges that could cage him for 25 years.

Meahwhile, the dapper but dastardly detective emerged through his online postings as a skirt-chasing braggart who was so careless, he used close variations of the same screen name, “evovillen,” for both real-life and undercover communications while infiltrating Occupy Wall Street last year as “Al” the protester.

According to the criminal complaint against him, the off-duty cop was wearing a black vest with the emblem of the NY-based club “Front Line Soldiers” on the back as he used his motorcycle-gloved fist to bust out the rear window of the family’s Range Rover.

http://www.ibtimes.com/who-wojciech-braszczok-meet-undercover-cop-who-took-part-nyc-biker-gang-assault-suv-driver-photos
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/hamill-ex-cop-calls-nypd-detective-disgrace-article-1.1481281
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #2036 on: October 24, 2013, 07:44:16 pm »

A former University of California policeman who stirred public outrage by pepper-spraying peaceful student protesters has been awarded $38,000 in worker's compensation for psychiatric damage he claimed to have suffered from the 2011 incident, the university said on Wednesday.
A scathing 190-page report on the incident found that university officials and UC Davis police used poor judgment and excessive force in the confrontation. Pike, who was placed on paid administrative leave for eight months, was eventually fired.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/23/21105239-university-of-california-cop-who-pepper-sprayed-student-protesters-awarded-38000
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #2037 on: November 05, 2013, 07:33:16 pm »

Zero tolerance of free speech is our thing:

OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma Highway Patrol official says four men and a woman have been arrested at the Oklahoma state Capitol after a protest turned raucous and participants knocked over a rope barrier.

OHP Maj. Rusty Rhoades says the five were arrested early Tuesday afternoon on complaints of destruction of state property, obstruction and violating their protest permit. Their names were not released. Rhoades said they were being transported to the Oklahoma County Jail.

Rhoades says a group of about 35 protesters showed up at the Capitol Tuesday morning as part of the Million Mask March, a national movement protesting political corruption. He says one protester was cited for wearing a mask.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2038 on: November 06, 2013, 06:54:23 pm »

Oh, nooooo....not "raucous".... oh, the inhumanity of it all....

And it is illegal to wear a mask in this state??  I had no idea... well, Guy Fawkes, I guess I will have to leave you at home from now on.  Are we allowed to have sock monkeys??

What Oklahoma (and America) needs is more free speech!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2039 on: November 06, 2013, 07:03:36 pm »

And it is illegal to wear a mask in this state??  I had no idea... well, Guy Fawkes, I guess I will have to leave you at home from now on.  Are we allowed to have sock monkeys??

Only if they are on the ballot.   Grin
So this happened on Halloween, where wearing a mask would really stand out?

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org