A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:40:05 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police misconduct 2  (Read 212699 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2014, 01:41:17 pm »

OHP Trooper gets a DUI and arrested. He's on leave of absence. I'm sure that it's probably paid. He totaled out a 65 thousand dollar boat that had been confiscated. 8 years on the force. Can anyone say hand slap?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/trooper-arrested-after-collision-involving-ohp-vehicle-towing-boat/article_67297149-6b6a-5992-a63e-b678f904df48.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2014, 09:05:36 pm »

In a rational world, he would be unemployed as well as facing criminal charges.   But this is Oklahoma....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2014, 09:09:20 pm »

News just said he is on paid leave.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2014, 11:02:25 pm »

In a rational world, he would be unemployed as well as facing criminal charges.   But this is Oklahoma....

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol said Tuesday evening that a request for a report on the Thursday arrest of Trooper Joshua Davies could not be fulfilled because the arrest report does not yet exist.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/report-of-trooper-s-arrest-doesn-t-yet-exist-officials/article_035e2743-1ff4-5e0d-af7c-57882277b674.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2014, 07:53:50 am »

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol said Tuesday evening that a request for a report on the Thursday arrest of Trooper Joshua Davies could not be fulfilled because the arrest report does not yet exist.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/report-of-trooper-s-arrest-doesn-t-yet-exist-officials/article_035e2743-1ff4-5e0d-af7c-57882277b674.html

Takes some time.  Had a friend killed in a wreck and it was about a week before the report was available to family.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2014, 10:20:51 am »

Takes some time.  Had a friend killed in a wreck and it was about a week before the report was available to family.

The reporter on KRMG made it sound as if it was taking an unusually long time to produce the report.   The arrest itself was hushed up for four days until someone in the media was contacted.  OHP is almost as secretive in it’s inner workings as the OTC.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2014, 10:34:12 am »

I would have loved to seen the rock kicking at the accident scene by his OHP buddies trying to figure out how to spin this. Must have been a witness or another story would have been told about that boat slipping off the trailer on it's own.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2014, 03:39:57 pm »

The reporter on KRMG made it sound as if it was taking an unusually long time to produce the report.   The arrest itself was hushed up for four days until someone in the media was contacted.  OHP is almost as secretive in it’s inner workings as the OTC.

That's KRMG.  That bastion of RWRE mis- and dis- information in Tulsa!

Tomorrow is a week.  I wouldn't expect it before next Monday.  But I am not a Murdochian trying to make a name for myself in local lack-of-news channel...

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2014, 08:02:23 am »

Now this report is more like it. 0.27 Blood Alcohol level. I did not know that it was a OHP boat. No wonder they valued it so high. The picture I saw looks nothing like a 65 Thousand dollar boat. But if taxes are going to pay for it. What the heck. 65 Thousand it is.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/trooper-threatened-suicide-ran-from-authorities-before-being-arrested-records/article_051d8277-1b02-5cf8-9dfe-7b84865fc5ee.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2014, 08:37:29 am »

Now this report is more like it. 0.27 Blood Alcohol level. I did not know that it was a OHP boat. No wonder they valued it so high. The picture I saw looks nothing like a 65 Thousand dollar boat. But if taxes are going to pay for it. What the heck. 65 Thousand it is.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/trooper-threatened-suicide-ran-from-authorities-before-being-arrested-records/article_051d8277-1b02-5cf8-9dfe-7b84865fc5ee.html

It was actually a seized boat is what I’ve read, so the department likely had no more money in it than what it cost to outfit it for lake patrol duty and I suspect much of that equipment would be salvageable.

H- KRMG does a great job at reporting local news.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2014, 08:47:09 am »

It looked like a 65k boat to me. Especially after having aftermarket stuff added to OHP specs. Boats like that are expensive.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2014, 12:35:49 pm »

H- KRMG does a great job at reporting local news.

Yeah, I gotta agree with you for the most part.  And they are the ONLY weather station (radio) in northeast OK.  They could be a good station again if they got rid of all their RWRE debris.... 

They need John Ehrling back.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2014, 01:59:18 pm »

"Our troopers will be highly visible this fourth of July weekend in an attempt to reduce collisions and dangerous behaviors both on our roads and waterways throughout the state," said Colonel Ricky Adams, Chief of Patrol. "Troopers will conduct DUI special emphasis and saturation patrols while looking for violations of law that contribute to collisions every day."

Thats  "sat·u·ra·tion"  not  "sat·u·ra·ted"
Hmmm, going undercover as actual drunk boaters.  Insidiously clever.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:15:30 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2014, 02:18:14 pm »

Hmmm, going undercover as actual drunk boaters.  Insidiously clever.

I could just hear Hedley Lamarr saying that.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2014, 08:17:34 am »

I love it. How do you like being treated like a common citizen Lieutenant? Thrown to the ground and knee on the neck. And that was just for speeding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2693888/Cop-suspended-brawl-combative-speeder-turned-superior-officer-trying-pull-rank.html

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org