A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:00:31 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police misconduct 2  (Read 212695 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2013, 11:08:29 am »

Disgusting two people, regardless of being police - that part is irrelevant beyond the fact they weren't fired immediately. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2013, 10:07:56 am »

Tulsa police officer sues publication, ex-girlfriend, alleging libel, invasion of privacy
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20130319_11_A12_ATulsa116733

Im guessing the motion filed by TPD blocks any further independent investigation.  From the Whirled:

King's case is pending. A motion for stay of discovery was filed by the Tulsa Police Department on Sept. 18.
Jean Walpole Coulter, King's attorney, said the stay means the parties will be unable to obtain any documents from the department while prosecutors investigate whether to file criminal charges against Roberts.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Settlement_reached_between_Tulsa_police_officer_This/20130928_11_A12_Acivil33682?subj=11

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2013, 10:54:19 pm »

There are not enough words to sum up the disdain for what those officers did to that man. The POS Fat Mexican Cop needs to be sentenced to Prison and put in a general population yard and have six inmates beat his unarmed a$$ to death just as him and his boys did.

He got exactly what he was working on. Trying to make the man do one thing wrong and then he could start beating him with his baton. Fifteen minutes of finding nothing in his backpack pi$$ed him off so he had to give him more stupid commands to make him say he was tired of playing games and stand up.
The other officer was half way decent. Not so much on a power trip like his buddy. I like how their anger turns to concern after they put the flashlight on his face and realize how bad they had beaten him.
If you havent seen the photos of him in the Hospital. You should look them up. It is absolutly horrible.

The trial just started, and more than two years after the fact, the police attorney is now saying the multiple video and audio recordings omitted the dead man "attempting to reach for the officer's gun".  As much as that card is played now, you would think people would be more skeptical of that ruse.

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-kelly-thomas-20131201,0,1008152.story

Officer Ramos' attorney: "The police officers were going to let him go, wanted to let him go, that night. All he had to do is identify himself and he wouldn't do that....

"It seems like every day, we have to talk to you about somethin' ... Do you enjoy it?" -- Officer Ramos surveillance camera audio.

A toxicology report found that no drugs or alcohol were in Thomas’ system the night he was beaten. A coroner’s report, meanwhile, found that chest compression and blunt force trauma to the head resulted in Thomas’ death.
 "They're trying to say their client was justified in beating Kelly," Ron Thomas said to the Times. "By beating him he died and that's OK because Kelly was such a bad person. A mentally deranged drug user trained to kill.”
http://rt.com/usa/california-police-kelly-thomas-608/
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2013, 11:25:49 pm »

Makes one wonder how one could reasonably be expected to "relax" and lie still while being suffocated, electrocuted and beaten?  Any rational response would be to fight against dying.  I bet I would be kicking and screaming, too!

Wonder what the agenda of Russia TV is in this??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2013, 01:21:36 pm »

Makes one wonder how one could reasonably be expected to "relax" and lie still while being suffocated, electrocuted and beaten?  Any rational response would be to fight against dying.  I bet I would be kicking and screaming, too!

It's got to be great propaganda fodder for Putin.  "Look! America is worse than us now!"

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2013, 07:58:51 pm »

It's got to be great propaganda fodder for Putin.  "Look! America is worse than us now!"

Yep.  That's what I was getting at.... sometimes ya just gotta cringe at some of our "self-inflicted wounds"....

Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2013, 09:19:10 pm »

No words can describe this atrocity.  Well beyond what the most vicious animals could inflict.  I'd hope that if the image is used for propaganda that it would backfire and the intended audience would be outraged by the purveyors of such tactics. 

That trial must be difficult to follow if you have to be subjected to the Po-Po attorneys trying to justify the monstrous actions.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2013, 02:09:56 pm »

The trending Russian propaganda now is more likely their rubbing our noses in the fact that they gave us repeated warnings about the Boston Bombing suspects, which the FBI ignored because they were too busy with scripted "plots" like this:

A Kansas man who prosecutors say sympathized with violent terrorists was arrested Friday as part of an FBI sting after he drove a vehicle loaded with what he thought were explosives to a Wichita airport.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-arrested-car-bomb-plot-kan-airport-21210130

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2014, 02:52:07 pm »

No words can describe this atrocity.  Well beyond what the most vicious animals could inflict.  I'd hope that if the image is used for propaganda that it would backfire and the intended audience would be outraged by the purveyors of such tactics. 

That trial must be difficult to follow if you have to be subjected to the Po-Po attorneys trying to justify the monstrous actions.

The defense argued that the two officers were acting in accordance with their training, and the jury bought it.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update/2014/0114/Kelly-Thomas-case-why-police-were-acquitted-in-killing-of-homeless-man
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/01/a-california-jurys-baffling-verdict/283053

This isnt just bad news for the homeless or the mentally ill, but Im guessing life just got a lot more complicated for the honest cops out there.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2014, 03:29:16 pm »

Absolutely Sickening!  Angry

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2014, 09:58:33 pm »

Guess whose' FOP got him ordered re-hired, with back pay....

http://www.newson6.com/story/25254593/appeals-court-orders-fired-owasso-cop-to-be-reinstated

The Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals reversed a lower court's ruling and ordered the city of Owasso to reinstate a police officer fired for striking a man during an arrest.

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014, the court ruled in favor of Mike Denton, who was fired after an arrest on June 30, 2011.

The arrest was videotaped by cameras on the officers' lapels and showed Denton step on Spradlin's head and then strike Spradlin in the face with his elbow three separate times.

Denton told News On 6 that he was protecting himself when he struck Spradlin.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2014, 07:01:57 am »

I saw that last night and just could not believe it.
My first thought was. He will not take the job back or accept any compensation. And sue the City for wrongful termination.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2014, 10:31:11 am »

I saw that last night and just could not believe it.
My first thought was. He will not take the job back or accept any compensation. And sue the City for wrongful termination.

Seems like Owasso has no choice but to appeal to the Supremes, if they want to retain any shred of public trust.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Officer-fired-for-hitting-man-could-get-job-back/HVwGHe41m0iTj4q7xFWhMw.cspx

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2014, 10:40:15 am »

Seems like Owasso has no choice but to appeal to the Supremes, if they want to retain any shred of public trust.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Officer-fired-for-hitting-man-could-get-job-back/HVwGHe41m0iTj4q7xFWhMw.cspx

Excellent lesson for the kids.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2014, 06:39:39 pm »

This isnt just bad news for the homeless or the mentally ill, but Im guessing life just got a lot more complicated for the honest cops out there.

Which raises another set of questions....

Well, this was LA.  And we have had decades of example of that police department.  I don't go to LA, even though I am somewhat normal acting... it's just too risky.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:43:03 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org