A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:50:23 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trimble suspended from coaching at Jenks  (Read 19052 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2009, 01:59:21 pm »

Now the head coach and assistant are on indefinite suspension. That doesn't sound good.

Oh and Trogdor, you forgot the movie.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2009, 03:19:14 pm »

Bah!  We sold out for OU and East Carolina.  We will sell out for Boise and perhaps Houston this year.  Considering our entire state-wide alumni base wouldn't fill our stadium, I consider an occasional sellout a good thing!

And we have a movie too, it's called Tulsa.  It focuses on the oil industry, but it is really a big metaphor for Tulsa Football.  Yep.  I'm sure of it.

/topic on!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hawkins
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2009, 11:52:24 am »

He received a $16,243 stipend to be a football coach and is salaried at an additional $83,219 per year.  His wife is paid as an "equipment manager" for the football team at $6,000 a year.  Plus, of course, health insurance, pension, 3 months of vacation, and plenty of perks (his full contract has been requested by the World).  So all in all at least $105,500 plus benni's and perks.  His "teachings" duties are listed as "administrator," on the Jenks PS website, so I have no idea if he actually teaches.  He has a BA from N.E. State (in what, I do not know).

The average high school teacher in the Tulsa area makes ~$45,000. 

Trimble was noble enough to give up the $16,000 but will keep his $83,000 salary for "administering" something or other.

http://jenkstrojanfootball.com/coaches.html

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=227&articleid=20091007_19_A1_Jenksf107835

Additionally, Jenks has 29 coaches for their high school football program.  16 for the varsity squad alone.  The University of Oklahoma has 16 (including graduates assistants, includes varsity squad and practice squad as well as director of operations etc.).  The University of Tulsa has 13 (same stipulations as OU).

I'd love to see the budget for Jenks (and other) football programs.  Are those on file with anyone?

A few years back when Union recruited an out-of-state coach, he lost a couple games and they ran him out of town. An article on the matter said his salary was 90K.

Have you guys seen Union's stadium??? Talk about $$$$$$$$$$ for the football programs.

I for one think that it is SO OBVIOUS that this has been going on for a long time, that it is outright wrong to punish one school without punishing the other.

Either let them both recruit, or shut it all down. Jenks has done nothing Union hasn't done.

This coming from someone who hates both programs, and thinks that all these kids are being used at too early of an age.

--

The game should become an adult game in college, not high school, IMO.

--

Hawkins
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2009, 01:36:35 pm »

Wouldn't it be nice if we could find out what really happened?

Did a teacher in Jenks finally decide not to give a passing grade to a failing football star? Did that teacher butt heads with the coach?

Did the coach upset one of the wealthy boosters? What is REALLY going on?

Why would one incident out of a crackpot of illegal activities going back over a decade covering two rival districts suddenly come to light and all come down on one coach?

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2009, 01:57:34 pm »

Well it started because of an angry parent.  As far as getting canned, I don't know.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2009, 03:26:33 pm »

A coach who makes a base salary of over $80,000 for a job known as "administrator?" And then gets $16,000+  additional for coaching with a larger staff than Division I college prgrams?

To me, this demonstrates skewed priorities.  The whole "Friday Night Lights" thing makes sense in tiny towns with nothing else to be proud of.  But hey, Jenks has the Aquarium!  They should have more self esteem.

The weirdest thing I've seen is the same in Owasso and Jenks and Union...where the 3rd Grade football teams have 10 coaches, practice 3 times a week for 2 1/2 - 3 hours at a time, watch "game film" at practices, and have a professional PA announcer calling every game.  Some coaches sit in the press boxes of the stadiums to "call down" plays for the 8-year-olds.  Oh, and the vast armies of tiny cheerleaders wearing enough makeup to compete in drag shows.... 

No wonder everyone's insane by the time the kids reach high school.  So many parents have sacrificed their entire lives to revolve around their kids' sports, that they can't think straight.

Weird.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2009, 03:33:16 pm »

He also has a vehicle stipend, phone allotment and some other goodies.  The total package is around $105,000 for him and another $6,000 for his wife.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hawkins
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2009, 03:34:34 pm »

A coach who makes a base salary of over $80,000 for a job known as "administrator?" And then gets $16,000+  additional for coaching with a larger staff than Division I college prgrams?

To me, this demonstrates skewed priorities.  The whole "Friday Night Lights" thing makes sense in tiny towns with nothing else to be proud of.  But hey, Jenks has the Aquarium!  They should have more self esteem.

The weirdest thing I've seen is the same in Owasso and Jenks and Union...where the 3rd Grade football teams have 10 coaches, practice 3 times a week for 2 1/2 - 3 hours at a time, watch "game film" at practices, and have a professional PA announcer calling every game.  Some coaches sit in the press boxes of the stadiums to "call down" plays for the 8-year-olds.  Oh, and the vast armies of tiny cheerleaders wearing enough makeup to compete in drag shows.... 

No wonder everyone's insane by the time the kids reach high school.  So many parents have sacrificed their entire lives to revolve around their kids' sports, that they can't think straight.

Weird.

Its called living vicariously through your kids. You don't have to be in a small town to fall into it.

Jenks and Union did this stuff together. They should burn together.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2009, 02:32:53 pm »

I went to Union back in the 70s.
The stadium was completed my senior year. Back then the district taxes from the Ford glass plant and the up and coming Woodland hills mall was what I was to understand mainly paid for all the new renovations. Enid does or did have the same design stadium and the cost of Union stadium at that time was a reported 1.7 million.
Look at what it cost Broken Arrow to build their stadium and the quality of todays construction.
I know of two players that were recruited and started for Union way back then, and Union was terrible.
One of the families moved from Texas just so their son could play at Union.
So its kind of obvious what is feeding the cash cow now.
Im still proud to be a Redskin and enjoyed my School years there.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Wilbur
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2009, 04:20:32 pm »

Weird.

I think you have to look at what the football program brings IN for Jenks, as far a money goes.  Similar to Bob Stoops making more than $3M at OU, he brings in far more than his salary.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2009, 04:30:26 pm »

I think you have to look at what the football program brings IN for Jenks, as far a money goes.  Similar to Bob Stoops making more than $3M at OU, he brings in far more than his salary.

Almost seems a bit absurd to say, but the success of suburban sports programs probably has not hurt the construction trades (and ergo the property tax base) in the Jenks, Union, BA, Bixby, and Owasso districts.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org