A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:19:30 pm
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump  (Read 245480 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #180 on: March 02, 2016, 11:27:49 am »

Looking at the comments online, I fully expected to see the journalist running errantly and grabbing the agents throat first. Trump supporters are desperate to paint this in a positive light. Why not just say the Secret Service doesn't work for Trump and leave it at that?

Amazing how the Brietbart crowd took stills from this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NysHcoit_Hg

and reversed their order to make it look like the unsuspecting secret service agent was attacked by the TIME magazine perp.
Now the USSS expanded role goes beyond protecting candidates to enforcing their campaign rules? 

Another video:  http://ti.me/1TkNEQJ

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #181 on: March 02, 2016, 12:52:06 pm »

After watching John Oliver on Sunday do his piece on Trump, at the end of the segment he had a plug for a Chrome Extension (which I now have installed) and it changes all the instances of the name "Trump", to his real family name (Drumpf).  It makes it quite amusing.  And reading this thread, it changed it and I forgot that I had it installed.  Quite a laugh.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/john-olivers-make-donald-drumpf-again-chrome-extension-exactly-what-we-needed-super-516084

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: March 02, 2016, 02:29:27 pm »

Somewhere, cats are snuggling with dogs, tree huggers are buying coffee for loggers, and my brother-in-law is praising my work ethic. The last few posts of Conan and Heiro mean we have travelled from our extremes and met in the middle. I find little to criticize in them. Because they are based on fact and experience.

Trees are good.   

I have mentioned before that I am not extreme right or extreme left... I am extreme moderate.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #183 on: March 02, 2016, 02:40:16 pm »

Our self identification is not so important. I thought I was moderate till I was schooled on this forum! Now the truth is the definitions have shifted but I stayed the same.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #184 on: March 02, 2016, 02:42:41 pm »

Our self identification is not so important. I thought I was moderate till I was schooled on this forum! Now the truth is the definitions have shifted but I stayed the same.

This forum showed you as being an extreme, frothing at the mouth, left wing radical...??  Compared to some here.... even though you are a moderate in the real world...!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #185 on: March 02, 2016, 02:47:47 pm »

This forum showed you as being an extreme, frothing at the mouth, left wing radical...??  Compared to some here.... even though you are a moderate in the real world...!

Outside of Oklahoma
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #186 on: March 02, 2016, 04:18:46 pm »

Outside of Oklahoma

There are occasionally just the tiniest of slivers of light here in Oklahoma.... Bernie won the primary!

Anyone know what happened to nathanm?  Fed up with the bs??

TulsaMoon
Civic Leader

« Reply #187 on: March 02, 2016, 06:43:45 pm »

I can and do agree with you about the lies. No lie is better or worse, they stack right up against each other with the same degree of holy batcrap! But if you or I had known about a WMD lie before Bush was elected you can bet your bottom dollar he would not have been elected. King Oral Office pants down would again never have been elected if that affair had happened before the election. That's the difference, her lying is before she has been elected and its out in the open and hurting her.

Does that mean she wouldn't be a fine President, no way, I think she would do a very fine job. She has the vast experience in Washington that's for sure and with that said she does have the connections.

The one thing that just blew me away was Oklahoma voted for the 2 extremes. Cruz, the so far right and Bern the so far left. Goes to show that we really have an all or nothing type of State. I am very pleased to see this great discussion here though.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #188 on: March 05, 2016, 02:24:07 pm »

What he flip-flopped on:

Mr. Trump has suggested that he’d order the U.S. military to kill families of Muslim terrorists and institute interrogation techniques worse than waterboarding, itself widely condemned as torture. Torture and retaliatory executions are both war crimes under international law.

In a recent interview, former National Security Agency and CIA director Michael Hayden said that the U.S. military might refuse such orders, which would constitute war crimes. The U.S. military has been trained for a decades that an order to commit a war crime is not an legal order and thus must not be obeyed.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/3/donald-trump-says-hed-force-us-military-commit-war/

UPDATE:  A few hours later he flip-flopped again, saying he would obey the law ONCE HE CHANGED IT to his liking.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:04:39 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #189 on: March 07, 2016, 08:50:28 am »

I can and do agree with you about the lies. No lie is better or worse, they stack right up against each other with the same degree of holy batcrap! But if you or I had known about a WMD lie before Bush was elected you can bet your bottom dollar he would not have been elected. King Oral Office pants down would again never have been elected if that affair had happened before the election. That's the difference, her lying is before she has been elected and its out in the open and hurting her.

Does that mean she wouldn't be a fine President, no way, I think she would do a very fine job. She has the vast experience in Washington that's for sure and with that said she does have the connections.

The one thing that just blew me away was Oklahoma voted for the 2 extremes. Cruz, the so far right and Bern the so far left. Goes to show that we really have an all or nothing type of State. I am very pleased to see this great discussion here though.

Well, ya see...there is the rub... we did know about WMD.  And he was elected.  And the lies flowed forth that led to killing 4,000 + of our kids.  Creating torture as just another day at the office - against our law as well as international law.  Squandered $4 trillion fighting the wrong war, as well as diverting our attention and success from the real war that has the dubious "honor" of leaving us with ISIS today.

How did we know about WMD??  Well, at the time - in 2002-2003, well AFTER the election and 9/11, the CIA said they knew the Sadam wanted nukes.  He had made inquiries into the processes.  But they most importantly said they were pretty sure he had made close to zero progress on that front.

On the other WMD front - chemical weapons...it was well know he had them at one time, while fighting Iran.  BECAUSE  WE SUPPLIED THE INGREDIENTS and the instructions, some of the equipment (Germany was in on this, too), and all the encouragement a cheesy little tin-horn dictator would need to use them.  Which he did against Iran and the Kurds.  And by the time Baby Bush decided to go to war against him, it was also well known that he no longer had the chemicals he needed in any meaningful quantities, because we finally had stopped supplying him, and he ran out.  But that didn't stop the building of the house of lies.

In Bush's 2003 State of the Union address, he brought up mobile WMD labs....which were just a little bit later found to mobile milk pasteurization and hydrogen generation trailers.  "Oops...mea culpa...!!"

And then Bush threw the CIA under the bus in a way that surpasses anything 10 Obama's could have ever done....  But then, the CIA was also lying just because the "boss" told them what he wanted to hear, so they told him that...at least some of that...  Plus, isn't that just a big part of their job anyway??  At least it is supposed to be - OUTSIDE the US.  

See;  Rafid Ahmed Alwan
See;  Curveball

As for Billy Bob...well, affairs don't mean squat to this country - especially the RWRE.  If they did, Newt Gingrich would never have been tolerated for the more than 10 years he was keeping his harlot hanging around -  this was rationalized and excused even when he told his wife on her sick bed (she is still alive, so wasn't death bed event) that he was through with her and was going with the hooker.  (I have talked about Newt before, and was censored when I used the term whore, so took a more PC word this time...but I am going with the RWRE Biblical interpretation of what this woman would be referred to.)

And my theory about the whole Billy Bob/Hillary relationship is that it is no one's business if they wanna be swingers and everyone involved IS involved, like is the most likely scenario.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 09:12:49 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #190 on: March 07, 2016, 10:27:18 am »

Hail Victory! Hail Trump!

Hail Vicotry! Hail Trump!

You can't make this crap up.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #191 on: March 07, 2016, 11:10:01 am »

omg. Does this guy have a PR person? Does he listen to anyone?

I didn't care much for the criticism over quoting Mussolini. Even a blind hog finds an acorn ever once in a while. It was an insightful quote. But for heaven's sake.....

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #192 on: March 07, 2016, 11:36:19 am »

omg. Does this guy have a PR person? Does he listen to anyone?

I didn't care much for the criticism over quoting Mussolini. Even a blind hog finds an acorn ever once in a while. It was an insightful quote. But for heaven's sake.....

He IS his PR person!  And it is working for him.  Just shows how feeble minded about 1/2 of all Republicans are.

davideinstein
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2016, 10:43:58 pm »

This election is a joke.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2016, 02:23:26 pm »

Trump Defends His Fake ISIS Video: "All I Know Is What's On The Internet"

http://factually.gizmodo.com/trump-defends-his-tweet-of-fake-isis-video-all-i-know-1764626302

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org