A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:25:06 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Economic Development director named  (Read 2315 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: August 28, 2006, 03:23:26 pm »

Retiring Dollar-Thrifty CEO Named Tulsa's Economic Developent Director Monday August 28, 2006 2:57pm Posted By: Kevin King

Tulsa - The retiring CEO of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group has been tabbed by Mayor Kathy Taylor to serve as Economic Development Director for the City of Tulsa.
In more than three decades of service, 61-year-old Don Himelfarb helped make Dollar Thrifty one of the most successful car rental businesses in the world. He announced his retirement from the company earlier this month.

Mayor Taylor announced Himelfarb’s appointment Monday.

"I have worked with and have known Don for almost two decades," Taylor says. "There is no one better able to develop a team and analyze the processes necessary to make Tulsa 'best in class'."

"My wife Eileen and I are prepared to move into a new stage in our lives, and we agreed that this opportunity for public service was one we just couldn't pass up," Himelfarb said. "Tulsa has been our home for over 14 years, and it is important for me to be able to make a difference in the community I love. I want to see Tulsa live up to its potential and become one of the top 10 places in the country to do business."

Himelfarb will begin his duties on September fifth and is set to make 105-thousand dollars a year in his new job.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org