A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:20:32 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma Unemployment Plummeting OKC Lowest in The Country  (Read 50498 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2013, 10:55:20 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6m6bpxkjP4[/youtube]

I love the way you guys find obscure videos and pics. Since I don't watch current TV or search youtube much, this has become my daily giggle.

onward...through the fog
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2013, 11:48:05 am »

I love the way you guys find obscure videos and pics. Since I don't watch current TV or search youtube much, this has become my daily giggle.
happy to be if service

Sent from my galaxy, far far away, with tapatalk
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2013, 01:10:45 pm »

Tell ya what, if Bachmann was the presidente today we'd have much lower unemployment, a major turn around in the economy and Cheap Gasoline Prices since we'd be allowed to drill for our own oil. We'd already have the Keystone pipleline under construction right now- Bachmann would put common sense people in the EPA instead of the radicals Obama put in there. Obama was in office 5 years and what has improved? Nothing. Next year the boondoggle called 'BamaCare starts and there goes our health care system- death panels (not doctors) will be calling the shots. There will have to be major health care rationing under 'BamaCare there is no other way to avoid that. The IRS will be in charge of the health care. If Bachmann was elected I bet gasoline will be under $2.00 right now or darn close to it and falling. Oil Speculators would get out of the oil market with all the domestic oil drilling going on. OPEC will be dropping prices in hopes of slowing down our domestic drilling expansion. We'd be sitting pretty right now if Bachmann was elected, instead we're still in the depression year number 5 with that doofus in the whitehouse. Most of that nation has been paying around $4.00 a gallon for gasoline for most of 'Bama's term in office. When Bush left office gasoline was $1.70 a gallon.

That's stupid....all of it...!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2013, 09:36:53 am »

That's stupid....all of it...!

Stupid is what we got right now in the white house, from scandals on top of scandals to $4.00 a gallon gasoline to 8% unemployment with a U-6 real  unemployment rate of 14%. The black unemployment rate is in the 20's, the teen unemployment rate is also in orbit. There is no reason why we have to pay $4.00 a gallon for gasoline, when it could be under $2.00 a gallon. Bachmann would as president have done 180 degree oppiset of what Obama is doing. Obama's policys kill jobs and the economy as we have already seen and lived  for the past 5 years and as we'll  have  for the next 3 years till he's gone. If you do the oppiset of Obama you'll get a booming economy. Obama's policy's  are  choking the economy. Obama's policy's will turn the whole nation into a one big Detroit.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:40:40 am by sauerkraut » Logged

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2013, 10:13:20 am »

Stupid is what we got right now in the white house, from scandals on top of scandals to $4.00 a gallon gasoline to 8% unemployment with a U-6 real  unemployment rate of 14%. The black unemployment rate is in the 20's, the teen unemployment rate is also in orbit. There is no reason why we have to pay $4.00 a gallon for gasoline, when it could be under $2.00 a gallon. Bachmann would as president have done 180 degree oppiset of what Obama is doing. Obama's policys kill jobs and the economy as we have already seen and lived  for the past 5 years and as we'll  have  for the next 3 years till he's gone. If you do the oppiset of Obama you'll get a booming economy. Obama's policy's  are  choking the economy. Obama's policy's will turn the whole nation into a one big Detroit.

Sometimes I wonder how you can remain vertical.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2013, 01:27:07 pm »

Sometimes I wonder how you can remain vertical.
WoW Just Wow. Face Palm Time. It's no wonder you wonder.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2013, 05:56:36 pm »

Wondering would be good for you. Wondering why just about everyone here thinks your posts are....fantasy... and certainly not of your own design. It isn't because we're all liberals, democrats or just dislike you. Its just that politics isn't right or wrong. Fallin isn't a genius, the president is not a stupid country wrecker, oil companies seldom have your best interests at heart and trees are some of natures best work. Giving Fallin and republicans all the glory and everyone else a hard time doesn't endear you to people who know better. Having convictions is great, never questioning them is holding you back.

Question what is being fed to you. Your current posts are like a collection of bumper stickers from a Tea Party garage sale.

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2013, 07:05:04 pm »

Wondering would be good for you. Wondering why just about everyone here thinks your posts are....fantasy... and certainly not of your own design. It isn't because we're all liberals, democrats or just dislike you. Its just that politics isn't right or wrong. Fallin isn't a genius, the president is not a stupid country wrecker, oil companies seldom have your best interests at heart and trees are some of natures best work. Giving Fallin and republicans all the glory and everyone else a hard time doesn't endear you to people who know better. Having convictions is great, never questioning them is holding you back.

Question what is being fed to you. Your current posts are like a collection of bumper stickers from a Tea Party garage sale.

You said it a lot more 'gently' than I would have.  I think bat smile crazy would be more accurate.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2013, 09:19:23 pm »

So how do you rationalize in Crazytown the fact that under Failin, we have now started back up in OK unemployment rate?  Doesn't that create a conflict in your world??  Is your head about to explode from the contradiction??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2013, 09:22:57 am »

It would be nice if you told me where I was incorrect about what I said instead of name calling. Obama has the economy in shambles the nation is running on debt. We now have $17 TRILLION Dollars in debt. Kids who go to college  start out life with anywhere from $20,000 to $100,000 in debt before they earned their first dollar how sound is that? That's  a plan  for economic collapse, and they can't find jobs. Today  in 7 states fast food workers are going on stirke complaining about living on $7.35 an hour,  it never supposed to be a wage to raise a family of 4 people on, the mim wage was designed to be a starting wage and you work your way up the ladder, or it's a wage for housewifes who want to get back into the job market, or to earn some extra income. Things are very bad today. People are trying to raise a family on $7.35 an hour as nationwide jobs bleed away. We need someone in the "T" Party for president I'd like to see Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann- or if  skin color matters (as it does to some people) why not  elect Herman Cain for president. Any one of those people would make a fine president and would turn our nation around. BTW In Chicago today gasoline once more went over the $4.00 a gallon mark. Enjoy the 'Bama Economy.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:06:34 pm by sauerkraut » Logged

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2013, 09:32:32 am »

It would be nice if you told me where I was incorrect

You'd be correct by slapping yourself.

Really hard.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2013, 10:27:05 am »

Obama has the economy in shambles the nation is running on debt.

Hillary will fix all that. Don't worry your little mind no more.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2013, 11:26:22 am »

Hillary will fix all that. Don't worry your little mind no more.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2013, 01:00:11 pm »

It would be nice if you told me where I was incorrect about what I said instead of name calling. Obama has the economy in shambles the nation is running on debt. We now have $17 TRILLION Dollars in debt. Kids who go to college  start out life with anywhere from $20,000 to $100,000 in debt before they earned their first dollar how sound is that? That's  a plan  for economic collapse, and they can't find jobs. Today  in 7 states fast food workers are going on stirke complaining about living on $7.35 an hour, the mim. However, Mim. wage never supposed to be a wage to raise a family of 4 people on, the mim wage was designed to be a starting wage and you work your way up the ladder, or it's a wage for housewifes who want to get back into the job market, or to earn some extra income. Things are very bad today. People are trying to raise a family on $7.35 an hour as nationwaide jobs bleed away. We need someone in the "T" Party for president I'd like to see Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann- or if  skin color matters as it does to some people why not  elect Herman Cain for president. Any one of those people would make a fine president and would turn our nation around. BTW In Chicago today gasoline once more went over the $4.00 a gallon mark. Enjoy the 'Bama Economy.

Where to even start...there are so many things.  And we HAVE told you - repeatedly.  

First, let's go to your $17 trillion...yep - we had $900 billion debt (all numbers approximately to within a few percent) when Reagan took office.  Today there is $17 trillion.  When Obama took office, it was about $14 trillion.  Stop for a second - do a little bit of math and see what number you find for the increase from Reagan to Obama (clue: $14 - .9 is roughly $13 trillion).  THAT is the debt increase while Republicans have held office over the last 33 years.  Simple enough...think you can handle it?  When we clear this little reality-disconnect hurdle, we can continue to the next point.

Part deux of that little exercise - Bush's last deficit was $1.9 trillion - after increasing every year throughout his term.  Obama's first deficit was about $1.6 trillion.  Do you see the trend there?  Let me spell it out - it was a DOWN trend.  And while Obama's pledge of reducing the deficit by half in his first term was not quite reached (about 40% reduction), that is a huge improvement over what anyone else has had happen in their first term...EVER !!  Even better than the reductions during Billy Bob's first term - the previous 'best' - and he got a tax hike to help.  If Obama has a fault in deficit reduction, it is that he didn't have stones enough to stand up and let the Bush reductions expire, like should have happened - based on 80 years of proof of how that works!  

So, see if you can digest this.  We can them move on to some more reality...but it's best to take little steps at this point in your development.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:03:48 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2013, 01:38:44 pm »

Where to even start...there are so many things.  And we HAVE told you - repeatedly.  

First, let's go to your $17 trillion...yep - we had $900 billion debt (all numbers approximately to within a few percent) when Reagan took office.  Today there is $17 trillion.  When Obama took office, it was about $14 trillion.  Stop for a second - do a little bit of math and see what number you find for the increase from Reagan to Obama (clue: $14 - .9 is roughly $13 trillion).  THAT is the debt increase while Republicans have held office over the last 33 years.  Simple enough...think you can handle it?  When we clear this little reality-disconnect hurdle, we can continue to the next point.

Part deux of that little exercise - Bush's last deficit was $1.9 trillion - after increasing every year throughout his term.  Obama's first deficit was about $1.6 trillion.  Do you see the trend there?  Let me spell it out - it was a DOWN trend.  And while Obama's pledge of reducing the deficit by half in his first term was not quite reached (about 40% reduction), that is a huge improvement over what anyone else has had happen in their first term...EVER !!  Even better than the reductions during Billy Bob's first term - the previous 'best' - and he got a tax hike to help.  If Obama has a fault in deficit reduction, it is that he didn't have stones enough to stand up and let the Bush reductions expire, like should have happened - based on 80 years of proof of how that works!  

So, see if you can digest this.  We can them move on to some more reality...but it's best to take little steps at this point in your development.

Clinton left office with a surplus. Don't forget that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org