A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:37:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503316 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1740 on: September 26, 2014, 02:48:14 pm »

She's not been looking at the news a lot lately then.  Indiana, Tennessee....hell, even Wyoming are considering allowing the expansion.  All fairly red states (especially Wyoming and Tennessee).

But oh well, lets not do the will of the people as they say.

Here’s the problem for Oklahoma right now: Hospitals are losing quite a bit of money on reimbursements.  You will hear of smaller facilities closing in the coming months and years.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1741 on: September 26, 2014, 03:10:25 pm »

Here’s the problem for Oklahoma right now: Hospitals are losing quite a bit of money on reimbursements.  You will hear of smaller facilities closing in the coming months and years.

And this is because of whom?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1742 on: September 26, 2014, 03:37:01 pm »

And this is because of whom?

Failure to accept the Medicaid expansion which was required under ACA.

Not near enough time to delve back into that shitsandwich today.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1743 on: September 26, 2014, 03:38:39 pm »

Oh c'mon...a quick review.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1744 on: September 26, 2014, 03:50:31 pm »

So in simpler speak, you're saying it's the Governor's fault for not accepting the expansion...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1745 on: September 26, 2014, 11:00:33 pm »

So in simpler speak, you're saying it's the Governor's fault for not accepting the expansion...

In the immediate sense, yes.  She did what she thought was right at the time (I’m NOT a Fallin defender in any way shape or form) which was looking at the long picture when Oklahoma would foot the larger share of Medicaid payments. 

It’s attractive in the short term, but it’s like taking out a loan for a $70,000 Lexus when you are a medical student with a $15,000 a year income from student loans because you think you can make the payments in five years when you graduate because the economic picture will be far better.  Will it?  You hope anyhow.

None of this would have happened without the ACA. It simply put more on the backs of states in order to make the ACA appear more revenue or deficit neutral.  They can pay for it now or pay for it later.  Either the pain is felt in medical facilities who treat the poor now, or there is a crisis in 5-7 years for states to figure out how to fund it when the feds pull the rug out.  The states who have gone ahead and joined in are hoping the predictions of “thousands of jobs will be created by Medicaid expansion”, but that remains to be seen and there are many gratuitous claims as to how this mechanism works in every state which accepts the expansion.  I still have not seen one article which clearly maps out how this is an economic boon for any state which opted in. 

I don’t recall there being such a calamity awaiting Medicaid users prior to the passage of the ACA.

I’ll search harder next week.  Really I will.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1746 on: September 30, 2014, 12:17:50 pm »

Judge White rules in favor of Oklahoma's claim as to ACA subsidies/penalties.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/health/federal-judge-rules-in-state-s-favor-in-aca-challenge/article_bfa615f2-6394-5e5e-a0fa-5edf07f28ee5.html

More smileburger....

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1747 on: September 30, 2014, 01:56:21 pm »

Judge White rules in favor of Oklahoma's claim as to ACA subsidies/penalties.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/health/federal-judge-rules-in-state-s-favor-in-aca-challenge/article_bfa615f2-6394-5e5e-a0fa-5edf07f28ee5.html

More smileburger....

Bet it won't stand.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1748 on: September 30, 2014, 02:48:47 pm »

Bet it won't stand.

What about his opinion do you find objectionable?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1749 on: September 30, 2014, 03:14:05 pm »

Well now Guido, he never said he objected to it.  He just said "Bet it won't stand."
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1750 on: September 30, 2014, 03:30:27 pm »

Well now Guido, he never said he objected to it.  He just said "Bet it won't stand."
He can answer for himself. He's a big boy. And if it makes you feel better, I'll rephrase: Why will it not stand?

I think I am record for wanting this thing to get going, so I really do not have an interest in these legal stratagems any further. With that proviso, if you read the opinion, my first thought was Horton Hears a Who. The statute says what it means, and means what is says.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1751 on: September 30, 2014, 03:49:35 pm »

He can answer for himself. He's a big boy.

Thank you for the update.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1752 on: October 10, 2014, 12:46:00 pm »

Officials say Oklahoma Medicaid needs $164 Million

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/officials-say-oklahoma-medicaid-needs-164-million

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Oklahoma Health Care Authority says it needs at least $164 million in extra state funds to keep up the state's Medicaid program.

Leaders of the state's Medicaid agency say it needs the money to replace lost federal funding and address a 4 percent expected growth in the program. There's a $61 million hole because it received one-time carryover money from the state Legislature.

The organization plans to request $275 million in additional state dollars for the next fiscal year. The Oklahoman reports  it already receives $953 million in base funding. The agency hopes to increase the rate it pays to physicians and other medical professionals.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1753 on: October 10, 2014, 01:18:56 pm »

Just a gut feel.  And the fact the district court is reviewing what they did in another similar case....Halbig....

In a similar vein - Maurice Greenberg thinks it was extortion to force his company (AIG) to take $184 billion dollars during the bailout!   Ahh....what a disgusting maggot!  The very DAY his company cashed the check, the entire stock of the company was admittedly down 58% that day....to $5 a share or $15 billion dollars!  So, he only got over 1000% MORE than it was worth!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/10/jon-stewart-aig_n_5963714.html

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1754 on: October 10, 2014, 02:17:52 pm »

Just a gut feel.  And the fact the district court is reviewing what they did in another similar case....Halbig....

In a similar vein - Maurice Greenberg thinks it was extortion to force his company (AIG) to take $184 billion dollars during the bailout!   Ahh....what a disgusting maggot!  The very DAY his company cashed the check, the entire stock of the company was admittedly down 58% that day....to $5 a share or $15 billion dollars!  So, he only got over 1000% MORE than it was worth!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/10/jon-stewart-aig_n_5963714.html

I’m sorry, what exactly does Jon Stewart riffing on Hank Greenberg have to do with the ruling on the ACA?  Other than NOTHING at all?

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org