A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:39:12 am
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503272 times)
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #1725 on: August 31, 2014, 03:49:32 am »

Guess it sometimes does matter what the constituents say and not what your handlers want you to do.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2014/08/28/tn-may-submit-medicaid-expansion-plan-fall-haslam-says/14774111/

Hope it works better than this pile of smile:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_Oregon

http://www.argusobserver.com/opinion/ag-fires-back-at-oracle-blistering-lawsuit-filed-in-cover/article_d5d942dc-3093-11e4-a53b-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1726 on: August 31, 2014, 07:18:34 am »

Hope it works better than this pile of smile:

Tennessee has the same level of state and local corruption - especially local - as Oklahoma.  Seems to be a common theme in these United States.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1727 on: September 01, 2014, 08:13:06 am »

Yet another deep-red state (with a deep-red governor) looking to expand Medicaid.

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/gov-mead-wants-medicaid-proposal-for-legislature/article_36365017-955d-5201-91c1-84905e405f33.html

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1728 on: September 01, 2014, 08:41:56 am »

Yet another deep-red state (with a deep-red governor) looking to expand Medicaid.

Finally, recognition that something that is good for a group other than the top 1% is good for a large number of citizens.  Too bad Oklahoma still has a Failin' governor!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1729 on: September 01, 2014, 10:47:00 pm »

Finally, recognition that something that is good for a group other than the top 1% is good for a large number of citizens.  Too bad Oklahoma still has a Failin' governor!

I chatted with Joe Dorman at the Oklahom Rifle Association annual banquet Saturday night.  A+ rating from the NRA, and he seems to get some love from keynote speaker, Rep. Frank Lucas.  The one question I did not get a chance to ask was his thoughts on the Medicaid expansion or lack thereof.  I’m doing more digging to make sure he’s definitely a better choice than Failin’, but that bar is so low, he really does need to be vetted carefully.  Failin’ was supposed to be the best thing for Oklahoma in ages, she’s been a bitter disappointment.  Askins would have been a far better and more pragmatic governor than this walking disaster.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1730 on: September 02, 2014, 05:29:09 am »

I chatted with Joe Dorman at the Oklahom Rifle Association annual banquet Saturday night.  A+ rating from the NRA, and he seems to get some love from keynote speaker, Rep. Frank Lucas.  The one question I did not get a chance to ask was his thoughts on the Medicaid expansion or lack thereof.  I’m doing more digging to make sure he’s definitely a better choice than Failin’, but that bar is so low, he really does need to be vetted carefully.  Failin’ was supposed to be the best thing for Oklahoma in ages, she’s been a bitter disappointment.  Askins would have been a far better and more pragmatic governor than this walking disaster.

About Askins - yeah...I said that a lot in the campaign but there is just so much institutionalized ignorance around, it's tough to get people to see reality.

I have read a little about Joe and like you said, he doesn't have to do much to be an improvement - like just sit around and breath - but I think he will.  As for better than Failin', well I have a pile of well-rotted compost on the side of the house that would be a better governor than Failin'.  Plus, good, wholesome organic fertilizer for the garden!!  I can actually live with a governor that doesn't do much - but one who actively, repeatedly, and consciously goes out of their way to HURT the people of this state - as this one has - well, that has got to go!!

Have been reluctant to mention him here, just because it might "jinx" him in certain areas of northeast OK if it was known that I like him so far.  One comment - what is that stuff he is carrying around on his face - make up your mind....either grow a beard or not!  Don't go in half way!!  First, it's not at all stylish and second, points to a possible character flaw - inability to make up one's mind!  Haven't seen a pic of him lately, so maybe that has changed....??

If you look at the wiki list of what he has done in the state House, the bills he has supported have all been sound and leading to improvements for the state.

I won't hold it against him that he was a frat boy....

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:34:33 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1731 on: September 09, 2014, 09:01:43 pm »

Looks like the Republican in-fighting about repeal is reaching critical mass now that the ACA hasn't quite turned out to be the turd sandwich that everyone prophesized it would be.  But I'm sure those on here will continue to rail on about it.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/09/ted-cruzs-obamacare-nightmare-comes-to-life.html

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1732 on: September 09, 2014, 09:22:56 pm »

Looks like the Republican in-fighting about repeal is reaching critical mass now that the ACA hasn't quite turned out to be the turd sandwich that everyone prophesized it would be.  But I'm sure those on here will continue to rail on about it.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/09/ted-cruzs-obamacare-nightmare-comes-to-life.html

"word salad"....that's appropriate!  I'm gonna keep that and use it.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1733 on: September 09, 2014, 11:04:07 pm »

Funny, the only solid sources cited in this article are blog posts or fringe media.  The only hard stats are from Kaiser Family Foundation.  Certainly, they have tracked the stats on the ACA for quite some time and should be given some credibility.

However, the federal government seems curiously silent when it comes to premium growth or shrinkage and overall expenditures as a result of the ACA.  It’s almost as if they don’t know or simply want it to remain cloaked in relative secrecy to be analyzed by think tanks like HKFF.  It takes a whole lot more analysis to figure out why premiums and expenditures are higher in some areas and less in others than this article tries to provide.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1734 on: September 15, 2014, 07:42:15 am »

Hmm...against Obamacare but won't say if she's on it.  Interesting.

http://nhpr.org/post/updated-garcia-slams-obamacare-wont-say-how-she-covered

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1735 on: September 16, 2014, 09:45:15 am »

LOL.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/0cerfn/the-obamacare-apocalypse

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1736 on: September 16, 2014, 10:28:36 am »

Well, there's "slavery", and then there is "slavery"....

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1737 on: September 26, 2014, 11:37:55 am »

Email from Fallin's team.  Painful because people will treat this as accurate.

Dear Friends,

This Sunday, President Obama’s political machine is coming to Oklahoma to support expanding Obamacare in our state.

MoveOn.org, a group funded by liberal billionaire George Soros that took out a full page ad in the New York Times insulting our combat troops while they were serving our nation in Iraq, is now teaming up with Change Oklahoma, an organization “created by volunteers who supported [President] Obama’s candidacy.” They are holding a rally to attack Governor Fallin and other Oklahoma elected officials who have stood up to Washington and rejected Obamacare.

Mary Fallin opposes Obamacare, and she opposes expanding it in Oklahoma. The Medicaid expansion found in Obamacare, which liberal groups like MoveOn.Org support, is a billion dollar cost to Oklahoma taxpayers that will drain money from education, public safety, roads and bridges, and even other health care programs.

Mary's opponent, Representative Joe Dorman, is in lockstep with the Obama Administration, attacking the Governor for her opposition to Obamacare.  Now Representative Dorman is even joining forces with President Obama’s political machine, holding a rally to try to pressure Oklahomans into embracing a policy they don’t want.

We don’t want Washington, the president, or radical liberal interest groups telling us how we do things in Oklahoma. President Obama, MoveOn.Org, and Joe Dorman may support Obamacare. But they are simply wrong.

We’re asking you today to sign our petition and tell MoveOn.Org and Joe Dorman that Oklahomans stand with Mary Fallin as she opposes their efforts to bring Obamacare to the Sooner State.

Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,

Fallin for Governor Team
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1738 on: September 26, 2014, 01:01:14 pm »

Email from Fallin's team.  Painful because people will treat this as accurate.

She's not been looking at the news a lot lately then.  Indiana, Tennessee....hell, even Wyoming are considering allowing the expansion.  All fairly red states (especially Wyoming and Tennessee).

But oh well, lets not do the will of the people as they say.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1739 on: September 26, 2014, 01:05:32 pm »

She's not been looking at the news a lot lately then.  Indiana, Tennessee....hell, even Wyoming are considering allowing the expansion.  All fairly red states (especially Wyoming and Tennessee).

But oh well, lets not do the will of the people as they say.

She looks at it.  It just doesn't mean anything to her.   I think Sauerkraut is actually Mary Failin' in disguise....

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org