A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:40:42 am
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503272 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1710 on: July 07, 2014, 01:44:51 pm »

ERs backing up in California.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3mU7eRPYSE[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1711 on: July 07, 2014, 03:47:51 pm »

Nationwide average is about 6 hours.  So CA is ahead of the curve at 5 - IF you believe Faux.  400,000 waited over 24 hours nationally.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/13/emergency.room.ep/

http://www.cpmc.org/services/ER_WaitTime.php

20 minutes....
http://www.dignityhealth.org/woodland/services/emergency-department/emergency-room-wait-time

15 minutes from a satisfied customer...
https://inquicker.com/

15 minutes or less
http://regionalmedicalsanjose.com/about/er-wait-times.dot

20 minutes
http://www.dmc-modesto.com/en-US/ourServices/hospitalServices/Pages/er-clock-information.aspx

December 2013.  Way different from the Faux News distortions/lies.  From dozens of hospitals.
http://projects.propublica.org/emergency/state/CA

2010 average - 4.5 hours...  2 minutes longer than during Bush regime....
http://californiawatch.org/dailyreport/california-emergency-rooms-average-274-minute-waits-3513

Now, we have 6 sources that say something similar.  And the news from 2010 showed that CA average was 4.5 hours...about the same as the Bush times.  What could have possibly changed in the last 4 years or so that could have changed average wait times from 4.5 hours to about 30 minutes??   Oh....wait.....

Just because Faux News says something....you can count on it being distorted.  If not an outright lie.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1712 on: July 07, 2014, 03:51:26 pm »

Had a guy at work saying a friend was having trouble getting Dr to treat him under Obamacare here in OK.  Except for the fact that there is no such thing - a patient deals with BlueCross/BlueShield, Aetna, Coventry.... those sound a lot like insurance companies, not Obama.  Oh, yeah...that's because they ARE insurance companies!  A couple of which I have had in the past - one is current!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1713 on: July 07, 2014, 03:57:00 pm »

Had a guy at work saying a friend was having trouble getting Dr to treat him under Obamacare here in OK.  Except for the fact that there is no such thing - a patient deals with BlueCross/BlueShield, Aetna, Coventry.... those sound a lot like insurance companies, not Obama.  Oh, yeah...that's because they ARE insurance companies!  A couple of which I have had in the past - one is current!!

Obviously your friend is lying then?Huh

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1714 on: July 07, 2014, 04:23:01 pm »

Obviously your friend is lying then?Huh

Obviously he is having trouble with his chosen insurance company.

Which given the trouble other friends have had with both BC/BS and Aetna, it is no big surprise.  But that is not the same as an Obamacare issue, regardless of how badly Murdochian World wants it to be.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1715 on: July 07, 2014, 04:37:27 pm »

Which given the trouble other friends have had with both BC/BS and Aetna, it is no big surprise.  But that is not the same as an Obamacare issue, regardless of how badly Murdochian World wants it to be.

I had trouble with both of those insurance companies (BC/BS and Aetna, as I had one or the other as part of my employer insurance from 1996 to about 2007).  So it's not just the ACA era that people are having the issues with.

Context.  It's a grumble.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1716 on: July 07, 2014, 07:51:03 pm »

Which given the trouble other friends have had with both BC/BS and Aetna, it is no big surprise.  But that is not the same as an Obamacare issue, regardless of how badly Murdochian World wants it to be.

I KNEW IT!!! A Murdochian plot.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1717 on: July 07, 2014, 08:57:37 pm »

I KNEW IT!!! A Murdochian plot.

The tiresome whining and lying and dissemination (not to be confused with insemination) is the Murdochian Plot.  It is worse than the LWRE and their BS about gun control...!!  These insurance issues are totally unrelated to any aspect of the ACA, and yet, surprise, surprise....guess what Faux News is all about?  Didn't you watch the video clip YOU posted??  You also must have known that is a Faux Non-News channel station....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1718 on: July 07, 2014, 10:22:19 pm »

The tiresome whining and lying and dissemination (not to be confused with insemination) is the Murdochian Plot.  It is worse than the LWRE and their BS about gun control...!!  These insurance issues are totally unrelated to any aspect of the ACA, and yet, surprise, surprise....guess what Faux News is all about?  Didn't you watch the video clip YOU posted??  You also must have known that is a Faux Non-News channel station....

Dude, it's Monday. No need for this so early in the week...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1719 on: July 08, 2014, 07:42:01 am »

Dude, it's Monday. No need for this so early in the week...

It's Monday EVERY day!!  Right up until Friday afternoon about 3:00 pm!!  Then it's the weekend!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1720 on: July 08, 2014, 08:31:31 am »

It's Monday EVERY day!!  Right up until Friday afternoon about 3:004:20 pm!!  Then it's the weekend!

FIFY.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1721 on: July 08, 2014, 09:25:03 am »

FIFY.

Mine starts at 3:00....  Yay!!!

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1722 on: July 22, 2014, 01:15:47 pm »

As I understand it, this latest appellate litigation is over subsidies, and who may receive one based on which exchange they purchased insurance plans. It sounds more like the Horton Hears a Who argument, the legislature "meant what it says and said what [it] meant" in Obamacare. While we get the chance to hear more of the Pelosi BS about passing the bill to see what is in it, I am sick of hearing about Obamacare now.

Is there anyone in this forum that gets a subsidy? 

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1723 on: August 22, 2014, 07:06:20 am »

Even the Cubs?

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/29402267-419/cubs-cut-grounds-crews-hours-to-avoid-paying-health-benefits-sources.html#.U_c_hfm-2m6

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1724 on: August 30, 2014, 09:24:16 pm »

Guess it sometimes does matter what the constituents say and not what your handlers want you to do.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2014/08/28/tn-may-submit-medicaid-expansion-plan-fall-haslam-says/14774111/

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org