A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:20:41 pm
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503371 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1635 on: March 27, 2014, 04:52:42 pm »

That's the section of life I'm juxtaposed with right now. Its been ...very interesting and yet often depressing. I feel for social workers. Wife says I'm just too dramatic but God put me in this cross section for a reason and I'm going to report what I see best I can.

Social workers btw are way too backlogged and understaffed to get the info across to enough people and I really can't tell how many there are either. I was surprised to only recently see an effort on local news to offer help to sign up the uninsured at local "Y"'s. Seems like they could have done that a lot earlier but then no one is really championing the sign up in this state. HHS ads didn't do much for me but weren't aimed at me and , as any advertiser will tell you, its hard and expensive to get a message out to any demographic right now much less this segment.

Of some note is the concept of a "sign up period" for insurance which is common to those of us with corporate experience. Those without that frame of reference think they can sign up at any time and may be putting it off till later.

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1636 on: March 28, 2014, 12:27:07 am »

https://www.facebook.com/hotaircom/photos/a.321057724596577.65450.103971336305218/636991586336521/?type=1&theater

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1637 on: March 29, 2014, 09:48:02 am »

How quickly they forget....

Bush extended deadlines for Medicare Part D.  But did we hear bitching about it?  Nope.

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/03/what-the-obamacare-special-enrollment-period-extension-actually-means/359622/

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #1638 on: March 29, 2014, 10:22:19 am »

And its not really a full extension. Just lets those who are already in progress (in line) get to finish the process. Of course its honor system but like I've said, what's the problem with that? More signups means larger pool of insureds, less cost to the rest of us. Its like some people want it to fail for political reasons. Smiley

The whole idea that business is supposed to be more proficient than government is not well founded. BC/BS still hasn't contacted my wife for payment on her signup. When she visited their website it refused to acknowledge her. A phone call took care of it.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1639 on: March 29, 2014, 11:43:46 am »

WE live in a world that is informed, successful, and probably paying for this monstrosity, and that's secondary to those that are not informed, unsuccessful, and not paying for it? Sucks to be tuned in. And are you suggesting that this "segment", being this one person you know, is the reason for the extension and not because it is politically expedient to the dems? 

It's always great to be the lead sled dog, ain't  it...??  'Cause the view for the last one sure isn't the same..!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1640 on: March 29, 2014, 11:45:26 am »

They don't watch FOX News

Grin

Exactly.  Or they were mislead by all the Fox BS into believing it was already repealed...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1641 on: March 29, 2014, 11:54:27 am »

Have you ever considered writing children’s books?  That’s some damn cheery stuff right there.  Wink

I admit, I’m very information-addicted so it can be a little hard for me to fathom people not being aware of one of the most topical issues in America today. 

Your information addiction, plus relative position on the 'food chain' economically is what makes it so tough for you and guido and Gas to understand that his description fits about 1/3 (probably a little more) of the country.  The ones in the minimum wage merry-go-round.  The ones whose real income has gone DOWN by 30% over the last 30+ years - as opposed to yours!  The ones that Fox is targeting with fear, uncertainty, doubt (you've heard of FUD before, I'm sure) as well as a massive overlay of ignorance and stupidstition.  The ones who get fired if they express a thought outside of the boss's diatribe - you remember those upstanding members of the business community who go looking around the parking lots looking for bumper stickers on the car of the next person they are gonna dump...and then brag about it on tv!! 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1642 on: March 29, 2014, 11:59:49 am »

It’s simply hard to imagine there are that many people disengaged from politics and the workings of our country.  Of course I say “so many” or “that many” but the Kaiser poll never puts the percentages into numbers of Americans.  Is it thousands?  Millions?

Well, we know of at least 6 million + as of this week.  Probably triple that number or more who haven't joined in for whatever reason....

Hopefully it will be as successful as it's Mass role model.  They are down to about 3% uninsured since 2008 - Thanks, Mitt!!  You really did do something very good for your state!!

As opposed to what - our 30 - 40% or so who are uninsured nationally??

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1643 on: March 29, 2014, 12:02:48 pm »

And how quickly we go off the tracks...how does relating what Putin is doing in Ukraine to what we did in Iraq - have anything to do with Affordable Care Act??

Conflation moment??

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1644 on: April 05, 2014, 12:17:06 pm »

This does not sound good. Although lots of empty stretchers in the room.

http://news.sky.com/story/1237471/do-not-get-sick-top-doctor-warns-patients

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1645 on: April 05, 2014, 01:21:47 pm »

Wow, was Cruz actually THIS stupid to ask the question on social media?  Hilarity ensues...

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/ted-cruz-obamacare-facebook-poll-105306.html

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #1646 on: April 05, 2014, 01:24:08 pm »

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/02/04/nancy-pelosi-promised-obamacare-would-create-4-million-jobs-um-about-that/

But Cruella Pelosi said it would create 4 million jobs...........  snark

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/04/1288564/-Jobs-Report-8-8-Million-Private-Sector-Jobs-Created-in-First-4-Years-of-Obamacare

double snark
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:36:18 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1647 on: April 06, 2014, 09:34:17 pm »

Wow, was Cruz actually THIS stupid to ask the question on social media?  Hilarity ensues...

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/ted-cruz-obamacare-facebook-poll-105306.html

Why, yes...yes he is just that stupid!

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #1648 on: April 10, 2014, 05:02:35 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/politics/kathleen-sebelius-resigning/index.html
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

Re:
« Reply #1649 on: April 11, 2014, 05:30:36 am »

Sebelious is transitioning to a new position under the bus. Crowded down there!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org