A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:31:15 am
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503244 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

Re:
« Reply #1515 on: February 07, 2014, 07:32:29 am »

If you refuse to take responsibility for the problems you create, you have no right to take credit for the solutions.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #1516 on: February 07, 2014, 08:33:25 am »

Yeah, good thing there is something in place when they decide that they don't need to offer healthcare in order to get employees.

There already was such a mechanism in place prior to Obamacare.  Blue Cross ringing a bell?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1517 on: February 10, 2014, 10:02:01 am »

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/08/technology/aol-armstrong-401k/index.html

AOL backed off.   Also from the article.  "Armstrong did not describe the examples, but on the employee call Thursday he cited two distressed pregnancies costing $1 million each as a reason for the annual 401(k) matching."

Wow 2 preganancies and $2 million dollars.  That is criminal.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1518 on: February 10, 2014, 03:30:27 pm »

BREAKING: The employer mandate for businesses that have 50-99 employees is being delayed until 2016, by decree of the king.

Gotta get through the elections.

Thank you Lord Obama.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/02/10/the-white-house-is-relaxing-the-employer-mandate-again/

The sad part of this most recent delay is that millions of people won't be freed from their jobs.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:45:16 pm by Gaspar » Logged

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1519 on: February 10, 2014, 03:53:10 pm »

^^^^ Here's hoping you-know-who in this forum isn't affected.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1520 on: February 10, 2014, 04:28:11 pm »

When Hillary runs, she's going to tear this law apart.  Clintons like polls, so they're going to do whatever the polls tell them to do.  Don't think single payer will ever become an option now.  The water is tainted.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1521 on: February 10, 2014, 04:38:24 pm »

Clintons like polls, so they're going to do whatever the polls tell them to do. 

You have no clue. Go ahead and make up lies about Hillary now. It is what you do.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1522 on: February 10, 2014, 05:46:21 pm »

You have no clue. Go ahead and make up lies about Hillary now. It is what you do.

Gassy has long been a part of the "vast right-wing conspiracy" that Hillary Clinton never mentioned.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1523 on: February 10, 2014, 05:56:00 pm »

BREAKING: The employer mandate for businesses that have 50-99 employees is being delayed until 2016

Only four percent of all businesses fall under this category and half of them already provide health insurance for the employees.

This is a realization that there are still issues to work out (both politically and for implementation). I am proud that the President realizes this and is willing to compromise his timeframe for implementation. Such decisions should be applauded.

The health insurance system is broke in America. It has been broken for decades. We have to realize that such a sweeping reform will take time.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1524 on: February 10, 2014, 06:01:06 pm »

Only four percent of all businesses fall under this category and half of them already provide health insurance for the employees.

This is a realization that there are still issues to work out (both politically and for implementation). I am proud that the President realizes this and is willing to compromise his timeframe for implementation. Such decisions should be applauded.

The health insurance system is broke in America. It has been broken for decades. We have to realize that such a sweeping reform will take time.

And the fact that it's an election year has nothing to do with delaying the mandate which would further hurt people. 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1525 on: February 10, 2014, 06:49:51 pm »

Don't you think it's pretty sad we, as well as the administration, are just now finding out what is in that bill that Nancy Pelosi said we needed to pass to see what was in it?

I knew what was in it: feces, lots and lots of feces.

I don't agree the system was broken, though there needed to be some protection for people with pre-existing conditions as well as insurance portability.  Insurance as an employee benefit has always been for higher paying career positions, not entry level jobs.  Additional funding for Medicaid would have accomplished a lot of good things for many uninsured Americans without messing with the benefits of those who have a higher income level.  

Instead, the narrative became that "Your wealthy, healthy neighbor has better insurance than you.  That should piss you off to the point that you will empower the government to punish him by reducing his benefits, options, and that he should pay a tax on a plan that is 'just too good'."

Now we learn that the whole program was over-sold.  People who it was claimed ACA would benefit aren't going to benefit.  People who had great coverage no longer have coverage or are forced to choose less coverage to keep health insurance within their budget.  We are just supposed to shove our hands in our pockets and say: "Hey nothing's perfect, but we did our best!"

Let's just take things which function for most people and turn it into something as dysfunctional for as many people as possible out of good intention or to make people feel better.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:07:54 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1526 on: February 10, 2014, 07:06:47 pm »

Don't you think it's pretty sad we, as well as the administration, are just now finding out what is in that bill that Nancy Pelosi said we needed to pass to see what was in it?

I knew what was in it: feces, lots and lots of feces.

I would behave like it's sad, but I am too busy applauding Obama for his keen business sense in delaying the mandate.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1527 on: February 10, 2014, 08:01:33 pm »

And the fact that it's an election year has nothing to do with delaying the mandate which would further hurt people. 

Everything is political. Anything you do, or don't do, in Washington D.C. can be said is related to the election of somebody.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1528 on: February 11, 2014, 07:36:07 am »

Not really making anything up.  In fact, The truth of it is that Obamacare will never actually take effect if Hillary is elected, because she and Bill are so poll focused.

The law is gonna fall apart under the weight of it’s own provisions and at the worst, give rise to layer upon layer of new healthcare legislation related to choice rather than control.

If you think that Obamacare may just be a path to single-payer, you are also incorrect.  Democrats will quickly give up that idea because this bill has poisoned the water so much that any similar centralized proposal will never achieve traction.

Obamacare is gonna go down historically as poorly conceived, poorly executed, and as the primary reason Democrats let the balance of power go to Republicans.

If you don’t believe me, just look at the full speed run away from the legislation that most candidates facing an election are taking. Public support for the law has sunk down below 35%.  This is why a more controlling (single payer) bill will never pass now.

I’m gonna have to give some credit to Obama for actually saving us from socialized medicine by producing such failure as to forever taint public opinion of the centralized control of healthcare.

Next year, Hillary will begin her run, and I expect her to address what is left of Obamacare on the campaign trail with phrases like “we’ve learned a lot” and “we now know what does not work” and I would expect her to turn around and embrace whatever the public sees as popular, and whatever works well in the polls.

She is a Clinton, meaning she will never desert polling for principal. You will see a very well organized transition from her previous policy positions and she will never be challenged on that by an adoring media.

It’s gonna be interesting to see her make people believe that Obamacare was not in any way similar to Hillarycare.  I think you will be amazed at how successful she is.  By that time there will be very few who cry about how president Obama was treated unfairly or that everything was always someone else’s fault.

She would never spend time pushing a narrative that SHE was incapable of implementing change, and that will certainly be regressing difference.

She is cunning and ruthless and she’s not gonna let challengers pin her with Obamacare or say that she had anything to do with it’s architecture.

So basically I think we can bid goodbye to Obamacare because it’s never gonna be the “law of the land,” especially when it keeps being pushed to someone else’s watch.

You can already tell that both sides are looking for a way out, and because many cannot lie about their connection to the law, they will wiggle and morph their position, acting hurt that they were fooled, just like you.  Wink

Here is how it will happen.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1529 on: February 11, 2014, 08:32:07 am »

Not really making anything up.  In fact, The truth of it is that Obamacare will never actually take effect if Hillary is elected, because she and Bill are so poll focused.

The law is gonna fall apart under the weight of it’s own provisions and at the worst, give rise to layer upon layer of new healthcare legislation related to choice rather than control.

If you think that Obamacare may just be a path to single-payer, you are also incorrect.  Democrats will quickly give up that idea because this bill has poisoned the water so much that any similar centralized proposal will never achieve traction.

Obamacare is gonna go down historically as poorly conceived, poorly executed, and as the primary reason Democrats let the balance of power go to Republicans.

If you don’t believe me, just look at the full speed run away from the legislation that most candidates facing an election are taking. Public support for the law has sunk down below 35%.  This is why a more controlling (single payer) bill will never pass now.

I’m gonna have to give some credit to Obama for actually saving us from socialized medicine by producing such failure as to forever taint public opinion of the centralized control of healthcare.

Next year, Hillary will begin her run, and I expect her to address what is left of Obamacare on the campaign trail with phrases like “we’ve learned a lot” and “we now know what does not work” and I would expect her to turn around and embrace whatever the public sees as popular, and whatever works well in the polls.

She is a Clinton, meaning she will never desert polling for principal. You will see a very well organized transition from her previous policy positions and she will never be challenged on that by an adoring media.

It’s gonna be interesting to see her make people believe that Obamacare was not in any way similar to Hillarycare.  I think you will be amazed at how successful she is.  By that time there will be very few who cry about how president Obama was treated unfairly or that everything was always someone else’s fault.

She would never spend time pushing a narrative that SHE was incapable of implementing change, and that will certainly be regressing difference.

She is cunning and ruthless and she’s not gonna let challengers pin her with Obamacare or say that she had anything to do with it’s architecture.

So basically I think we can bid goodbye to Obamacare because it’s never gonna be the “law of the land,” especially when it keeps being pushed to someone else’s watch.

You can already tell that both sides are looking for a way out, and because many cannot lie about their connection to the law, they will wiggle and morph their position, acting hurt that they were fooled, just like you.  Wink

Here is how it will happen.

Thanks for the laugh, Scott.  You never cease to amaze.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org