A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:17:51 am
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503318 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1395 on: November 14, 2013, 10:21:56 am »

Failure Eminent!

Repeal in 3. . .2. . .1

You can buy back your old plan now!
http://nypost.com/2013/11/14/white-house-to-allow-users-to-keep-insurance-under-obamacare/
President Barack Obama has decided to allow the sale of canceled individual health insurance policies to existing customers, part of a plan to satisfy public discontent with “Obamacare.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/13/healthcaregov-unlikely-be-running-end-month-deadli/

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1396 on: November 14, 2013, 10:27:07 am »

It boggles my mind to see how many Democrat legislators were in lock-step the entire time this was in the legislative process, in spite of warnings with really good evidence to back it up, this would be the end result.  

It was so important to Obama’s legacy that he decided to tackle this prior to doing anything substantive on the economy.  So if we are back to people can have their original policies back, let’s talk about how much money the federal and state governments have blown on this boondoggle and how many billions insurance companies and major employers have needlessly spent preparing for the roll-out of the ACA.  

His legacy is now in the sh!tburger range.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1397 on: November 14, 2013, 11:40:38 am »

Exciting new item available for Obama speeches...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1398 on: November 14, 2013, 11:42:30 am »

YOU are the well-trained, successful, literate, rich,  connected lawyer in the room...  and that's the BEST you got??  Geez, guido, come on... I know you can do better!

Well thank you. And rich? I guess by Obama rules/definitions I could be.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1399 on: November 14, 2013, 11:45:06 am »

It boggles my mind to see how many Democrat legislators were in lock-step the entire time this was in the legislative process, in spite of warnings with really good evidence to back it up, this would be the end result.  

It was so important to Obama’s legacy that he decided to tackle this prior to doing anything substantive on the economy.  So if we are back to people can have their original policies back, let’s talk about how much money the federal and state governments have blown on this boondoggle and how many billions insurance companies and major employers have needlessly spent preparing for the roll-out of the ACA.  

His legacy is now in the sh!tburger range.

But what about the Philippines...

http://twitchy.com/2013/11/14/paul-begala-healthcare-gov-glitches-no-big-deal-compared-to-typhoon-disaster/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1400 on: November 14, 2013, 12:46:38 pm »

I guess by Obama rules/definitions I could be.

Since I know approximately where I am on the income percent scale and you are way beyond that, yeah... you are one of the rich.

If someone (household) cannot make a Roth IRA contribution, they are in the "very well off" zone.  According to all the pundits on both sides, $250,000 seems to be a magic number of some sort - anyone above that appears to be considered at least mostly rich, and that puts one well into the top 5%, I hereby follow the pundit pack and declare 250k + household income as a rich.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1401 on: November 14, 2013, 01:29:48 pm »

Since I know approximately where I am on the income percent scale and you are way beyond that, yeah... you are one of the rich.

If someone (household) cannot make a Roth IRA contribution, they are in the "very well off" zone.  According to all the pundits on both sides, $250,000 seems to be a magic number of some sort - anyone above that appears to be considered at least mostly rich, and that puts one well into the top 5%, I hereby follow the pundit pack and declare 250k + household income as a rich.

Joint Roth IRA is $191,000 filed jointly. But just because you make a lot doesn't mean you are "rich".  Some people are really really dumb with money.  Here is a pretty good article about how much money you have vs retirement income etc.  http://www.businessinsider.com/an-investment-managers-view-2013-11
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:31:47 pm by CharlieSheen » Logged
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1402 on: November 14, 2013, 02:16:43 pm »

It's sad that some people spend so much time upset about the successes of others.

We all have fortune and misfortune, the goal is to increase the fortune and mitigate the misfortune.  The status of those around you matters not unless you are smart enough to learn from their example (both good and bad).

Learn from successful people how to be successful, and learn from unsuccessful people how to fail.  Envy teaches nothing!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1403 on: November 14, 2013, 02:48:30 pm »

^^^^And along those lines, here is a genius comment that genetic lottery winners have been getting off too damned easy when it comes to paying low insurance premiums. It's just not fair that eating right and exercising should go unpunished.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/11/13/obamacare_architect_genetic_lottery_winners_have_been_paying_an_artificially_low_price.html

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1404 on: November 14, 2013, 03:03:06 pm »

Well then, I guess it’s just damned unfair that people with spotless driving records pay artificially low premiums and those with no claims experience on their homeowners are paying artificially low premiums too.

What a jackass moron.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1405 on: November 14, 2013, 03:57:54 pm »

It's sad that some people spend so much time upset about the successes of others.

We all have fortune and misfortune, the goal is to increase the fortune and mitigate the misfortune.  The status of those around you matters not unless you are smart enough to learn from their example (both good and bad).

Learn from successful people how to be successful, and learn from unsuccessful people how to fail.  Envy teaches nothing!

I am never upset about the success of others regarding money.  I have always had enough to do most of what I want to do and missing the rest keeps me "hungry" enough to keep working towards those goals.  Probably the only thing I really miss not having is a John Deere tractor, and truth be known, if I wanted it bad enough I could buy one today, but then I gotta find somewhere to put it, so that can wait.  All the other 'big' wants in my life center around stuff that I want/plan to make myself, and time is the controlling factor there, so money does me absolutely no good whatsoever for that....I already have enough for all the parts to make those things, and in many cases, the parts.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1406 on: November 14, 2013, 04:27:54 pm »

Well then, I guess it’s just damned unfair that people with spotless driving records pay artificially low premiums and those with no claims experience on their homeowners are paying artificially low premiums too.

What a jackass moron.

It's discriminatory to treat good drivers favorably Conman....

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1407 on: November 14, 2013, 04:34:50 pm »

What a jackass moron.

Hmm.  I'd like to know then how you explain MY auto insurance, going up every year, despite that fact that I haven't had an offense in 15 years and haven't had a claim in over 20 years.  Every agency does that to me.

Not a fair comparison, IMO.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1408 on: November 14, 2013, 04:38:27 pm »

I'm curious. Who in here has managed to get signed up on the exchanges and who has had their insurance canceled?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1409 on: November 14, 2013, 05:14:18 pm »

I'm curious. Who in here has managed to get signed up on the exchanges and who has had their insurance canceled?

Kidding, right?  Not likely anyone here.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org