A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:35:22 am
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503244 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1365 on: November 12, 2013, 10:57:07 am »

In case anyone thought I was kidding.  RM, your timing is immaculate!

You need to change your profile to read "Tap into quality."

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1366 on: November 12, 2013, 11:09:23 am »

I recently started home brewing again after a long hiatus.  Bottling sucks.  I wanted the ability to lager as well as cold crash and force carbonate beer.  Our house isn’t real large so a second full size fridge was out of the question.  I also realized Marshall’s does come in 1/6 barrel torpedoes, so with a triple tapper I can keep whatever seasonal Eric has out as well as a home brew and be able to cold condition or lager at the same time.

It was a funny text exchange when it arrived: “What is this, where does it go?”  “Beer box”.  “Oh Okay”  I thought about saying: “Don’t you remember? You ordered it the other day, maybe we should get a cat scan and make sure you didn’t get a concussion as well”  Fortunately, MC is cool with my hobbies.

I’ve got a framed caricature over my bar that was drawn of my father when he was in the Army in London in 1955.  He’s in his dress uniform holding a beer glass and the artist had scrawled: “My life’s ambition: to own a brewery”.  I’m sure Dad would be quite amused with my hobby.

Wow, that’s some thread hi-jack.  I forgot we were talking about Obamacare.  Well not much else to say about it but so far it sucks.  Beer doesn’t suck, it’s a better conversation that everyone seems in universal agreement on.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
MyDogHunts
Activist

ascetic hedonist

« Reply #1367 on: November 12, 2013, 12:19:26 pm »

Wow, that’s some thread hi-jack.  I forgot we were talking about Obamacare.  Well not much else to say about it but so far it sucks.  Beer doesn’t suck, it’s a better conversation that everyone seems in universal agreement on.

My theory is that we progress through life, getting either smarter or dumber... but we will always make beer.

I change my vote to 66.69

I ran from OK about 50-yrs. ago & in 2010 I saw downtown's potential.

Tulsa's in a Phoenix rise, reason enough to stick around.

Besides... you can't fully be an Okie except in Oklahoma.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1368 on: November 12, 2013, 12:37:35 pm »

Oh My Gowd!

Remember the other day when Jay Carney said their plan to increase participation in Obamacare would include an "aggressive marketing campaign" targeted at young people?  Well. . .here it is, and I'm sure it cost millions of dollars!

Hey young folks, look at how you are viewed.

Hey young women, this is how they define you.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:09:34 pm by Gaspar » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1369 on: November 12, 2013, 02:49:08 pm »

Wait...

It was irresponsible for young adults to not have insurance, right?

Now they are encouraged to be irresponsible because any and all their stupidity will be covered by the rest of the insurance pool.  Nice.

For anyone who was thinking this was pulled from The Onion or something like it, it’s not.  These are from The Colorado Consumer Health Initiative and Progress Now.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1370 on: November 12, 2013, 02:52:40 pm »

Wait...

It was irresponsible for young adults to not have insurance, right?

Now they are encouraged to be irresponsible because any and all their stupidity will be covered by the rest of the insurance pool.  Nice.

For anyone who was thinking this was pulled from The Onion or something like it, it’s not.  These are from The Colorado Consumer Health Initiative and Progress Now.

No it can't be from those two privately funded groups.  Gaspar implied that it was from the Whitehouse marketing campaign.  That would be dishonest to imply otherwise.

http://www.doyougotinsurance.com/index.php?id=2
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1371 on: November 12, 2013, 03:17:17 pm »

No it can't be from those two privately funded groups.  Gaspar implied that it was from the Whitehouse marketing campaign.  That would be dishonest to imply otherwise.

http://www.doyougotinsurance.com/index.php?id=2

Alan Franklin, political director of ProgressNow put together the adds.  They were paid for by the Colorado Consumer Health Initiative who operates under grant from DHHS.  In 2011 they received $17.9 million.  In July 2013, they recieved a $116 million Level 2 Grant.  They also receive grants from other federal entities.
http://connectforhealthco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/20130805-C4HCO-History_Aug-2013.pdf

On June 1, 2011, Governor John Hickenlooper (D) signed SB 11-200 into law, establishing the Colorado Health Benefit Exchange.1 In January 2013, the Exchange announced that its new name would be Connect for Health Colorado (C4HCO).
A little more concise list:
http://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Marketplace-Grants/co.html
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:25:22 pm by Gaspar » Logged

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1372 on: November 12, 2013, 04:00:48 pm »

Alan Franklin, political director of ProgressNow put together the adds.  They were paid for by the Colorado Consumer Health Initiative who operates under grant from DHHS.  In 2011 they received $17.9 million.  In July 2013, they recieved a $116 million Level 2 Grant.  They also receive grants from other federal entities.
http://connectforhealthco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/20130805-C4HCO-History_Aug-2013.pdf

On June 1, 2011, Governor John Hickenlooper (D) signed SB 11-200 into law, establishing the Colorado Health Benefit Exchange.1 In January 2013, the Exchange announced that its new name would be Connect for Health Colorado (C4HCO).
A little more concise list:
http://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Marketplace-Grants/co.html
Still missing where Obama and the Whitehouse did the ads.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1373 on: November 12, 2013, 04:13:54 pm »

Still missing where Obama and the Whitehouse did the ads.

You're right.  They probably didn't approve this.  It's unfortunate that Carney would mention the DHHS "aggressive marketing campaign" targeting young people and then a DHHS funded group would release something like this.

I'm sure we won't see anything similar coming from other exchanges or directly from DHHS.

Cheesy You know, I think this is the first legislation I have ever seen that actually repeals itself!
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/poll-obamacare-health-care-quality-99753.html?hp=l1

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1374 on: November 12, 2013, 04:29:37 pm »

The hilarious part about this is how great those advertisements are.  I mean they aren't even directed at you and aren't from the state you are in.  You have absolutely no reason to even see them.  Yet you are spreading them around and it appears like they will go viral. 
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1375 on: November 12, 2013, 04:34:34 pm »

The hilarious part about this is how great those advertisements are.  I mean they aren't even directed at you and aren't from the state you are in.  You have absolutely no reason to even see them.  Yet you are spreading them around and it appears like they will go viral. 

Yes.  They will, and the spoofs are fantastic.  Can't wait to see what SNL does with them.

Obamacare has successfully made itself into a joke.  There is indeed such a thing as bad press.

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1376 on: November 12, 2013, 04:44:35 pm »

I just love the constant crying about it  Cry. I think that is my favorite part of AHCA.   Grin
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1377 on: November 12, 2013, 04:47:56 pm »

I just love the constant crying about it  Cry. I think that is my favorite part of AHCA.   Grin

Hush, hush, it will all be over soon.

Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #1378 on: November 12, 2013, 04:54:39 pm »

Hush, hush, it will all be over soon.

I hope not because the tears taste so sweet.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1379 on: November 12, 2013, 05:03:56 pm »

What's hilarious is these ads are directed at young people, those that showed up in droves for hope and change. Now, they have to begged to sign up for what they voted for to help finance those uninsured or with preexisting conditions that benefit from Obamacare. That's freakin hilarious!!!

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org