A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 02:11:24 pm
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503374 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1095 on: July 26, 2013, 01:43:43 pm »

You two simmer down there...

Don't make me post casserole recipes.

I have a pretty good tuna casserole recipe...wanna exchange?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1096 on: July 26, 2013, 01:44:54 pm »

I have a pretty good tuna casserole recipe...wanna exchange?

More valuable than Gaspar's political posts.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1097 on: July 26, 2013, 01:45:51 pm »

You two simmer down there...

Don't make me post casserole recipes.

One of my new favs.  I've been low carb for about a year now (32 pounds lost).  Of course that all goes out the window at WildBrew tomorrow.

Sheppard Pie - Low carb
4-6 pieces bacon, chopped
2 pounds ground beef
Small onion, chopped, 2.5 ounces
Salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon toasted onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
16 ounce package frozen green beans
16 ounce package frozen cauliflower
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon chives, minced

In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp; drain well and set aside. In the same skillet, brown the hamburger and onion, seasoning with salt and pepper; drain the fat. In a 7 1/2 x 11 3/4" baking dish, mix the hamburger, bacon, onion and garlic powders. Check the seasoning for salt and adjust if needed, then stir in the beaten egg and half of the cheese. Spread over the bottom of a baking dish.

Meanwhile, in a medium pot, cook the green beans according to the package directions; drain well then return to the pot and stir in 1 tablespoon butter. Season to taste with salt. Spread the beans over the meat layer. In the same pot, cook the cauliflower 10-12 minutes until very tender; drain well. Put the cauliflower, 2 tablespoons butter and the sour cream in a food processor. Puree until smooth. Add the chives and pulse to blend. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary, then spread evenly over the green beans. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Bake at 350º for 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

Makes 8 very generous servings
Can be frozen

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1098 on: July 26, 2013, 01:48:51 pm »

One of my new favs.  I've been low carb for about a year now (32 pounds lost).  Of course that all goes out the window at WildBrew tomorrow.

Sheppard Pie - Low carb
2 pounds ground beef
Salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup sour cream

In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp; drain well and set aside. In the same skillet, brown the hamburger and onion, seasoning with salt and pepper; drain the fat. In a 7 1/2 x 11 3/4" baking dish, mix the hamburger, bacon, onion and garlic powders. Check the seasoning for salt and adjust if needed, then stir in the beaten egg and half of the cheese. Spread over the bottom of a baking dish.

Meanwhile, in a medium pot, cook the green beans according to the package directions; drain well then return to the pot and stir in 1 tablespoon butter. Season to taste with salt. Spread the beans over the meat layer. In the same pot, cook the cauliflower 10-12 minutes until very tender; drain well. Put the cauliflower, 2 tablespoons butter and the sour cream in a food processor. Puree until smooth. Add the chives and pulse to blend. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary, then spread evenly over the green beans. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Bake at 350º for 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

Makes 8 very generous servings
Can be frozen

Any recipe that starts with bacon has to be good.  Don't know if it is Shephard's Pie, though.  Where are the mashed potatoes??  (I know...low carb, etc.)  Still, it just isn't right.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1099 on: July 26, 2013, 02:29:20 pm »

Cauliflower as a substitute for mashed potatoes is pretty popular.  You still have the rather starchy/strong taste of the cauliflower.  MC tried a recipe she found on Facebook where someone claimed cauliflower could be used to make outstanding tortillas, using it as a substitute for flour apparently.  It ended up more like baked hummus- useless for use as a tortilla shell.  As a chip dip, not too bad, but no matter how much chile powder you put on it, it's still cauliflower underneath it all!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1100 on: July 26, 2013, 02:56:34 pm »

Cauliflower as a substitute for mashed potatoes is pretty popular. 

Tried it.  You can load it up with salt and butter and it still tastes like salted buttered cauliflower.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1101 on: July 26, 2013, 02:57:44 pm »

Sheppard Pie - Low carb
2 pounds ground beef
Salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup sour cream

Your crazy idea of mixing cow and pig in the same dish makes me wonder if you are really a liberal. Then I read that you want the cheese divided and the butter divided. Typical conservative  trying to be divisive.

And I thought Sheppard Pie came from England. Our Forefathers fought a war so we wouldn't have to eat British food.

For a real American dish...

1 pound lean ground beef  
1 onion, finely diced  
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup  
1 cup instant rice  
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes  
1 tablespoon garlic powder  
1 teaspoon dried thyme  
1 teaspoon dried oregano  
2 teaspoons white sugar  
6 slices American cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place ground beef and onions in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until beef is evenly brown. Drain any excess fat.
3. Add the soup, rice, tomatoes, garlic powder, thyme, oregano and sugar. Mix well and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Place in a     9x13 inch casserole dish.
4. Top with cheese slices and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and browning.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1102 on: July 26, 2013, 03:07:28 pm »

Tried it.  You can load it up with salt and butter and it still tastes like salted buttered cauliflower.

My wife adds cream cheese.  That makes all the difference.  The kids and I actually prefer it to potatoes.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1103 on: July 26, 2013, 03:57:02 pm »

My wife adds cream cheese.  That makes all the difference.  The kids and I actually prefer it to potatoes.

I'll give it a shot
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1104 on: July 27, 2013, 03:15:51 pm »

A little nugget I saw yesterday.

The local newspaper in the care, the Contra Costa Times, reported, “about half the jobs are part-time, with no health benefits – a stinging disappointment to workers and local politicians who believed the positions would be full time.”

The employees hired are currently in training and the call center, one of three expected to be set up in California, is expected to open on October 1 of this year.

National Review Online reported, “The Times indiciates that a job posting advertised all of the jobs as full-time, and one call center employee, who said no reason for the apparent change was providerd, told the paper, “It reminded me of that George Clooney moview where he goes around the country firing people [Up in the Air]. The woman said, 'I know you were led to believe you would be full-time, but things have changed...you are actually 'part-time intermittent.'”

http://www.examiner.com/article/obamacare-call-center-employees-part-time-intermittent-with-no-health-benefits

Next thing the IRS unions will be fighting against Obamacare.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 03:17:36 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1105 on: July 29, 2013, 07:41:53 am »

I don't think the Times is even pretending to be a newspaper any more.  Cheesy

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/29/us/detroit-looks-to-health-law-to-ease-costs.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #1106 on: July 29, 2013, 09:03:44 am »

When 'BamaCare starts it's  going to be grim. "Death Panels" making our medical choices, health care rationing and it'll be run by the friendly folks of the IRS... It's too late now to cry about it- The stupid votes re-elected that radical doofus for another term. Man up I guess~ and the only way to protect yourself from 'BamaCare is not to get ill.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #1107 on: July 29, 2013, 09:07:48 am »

A little nugget I saw yesterday.

http://www.examiner.com/article/obamacare-call-center-employees-part-time-intermittent-with-no-health-benefits

Next thing the IRS unions will be fighting against Obamacare.
This just frosts me why are they making all that noise now? It's too late now the law is passed. It's the unions who worked to put "Bama back in power for another term now the unions have voter remorse it seems. The time to make noise about "BamaCare was back in 2009 not now in 2013 when 'BamaCare is about to take effect. In Two months the exchanges open up. Too late to cry about it now.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1108 on: July 29, 2013, 09:13:59 am »

When 'BamaCare starts it's  going to be grim. "Death Panels" making our medical choices, health care rationing and it'll be run by the friendly folks of the IRS... It's too late now to cry about it- The stupid votes re-elected that radical doofus for another term. Man up I guess~ and the only way to protect yourself from 'BamaCare is not to get ill.

You may be able to have your noggin scanned.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1109 on: July 29, 2013, 09:20:40 am »

You may be able to have your noggin scanned.

No scan needed.  It's empty.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org