A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:07:28 pm
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503420 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #825 on: November 12, 2012, 07:09:00 am »

I was just having fun with guido. He gives it back well and I often deserve it.

I guess you and him are just at different stages of grief.

Oh, there I go gloating again.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #826 on: November 12, 2012, 07:21:22 am »

I was just having fun with guido. He gives it back well and I often deserve it.

I guess you and him are just at different stages of grief.

Oh, there I go gloating again.

Like I said; little humor.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #827 on: November 12, 2012, 11:03:44 am »

Correct. Many of the very, very wealthy people will find any way possible to not give their employees health care coverage.

Their employees are a dispensable commodity.

I'm sure a lot of struggling smaller business owners will do so as well.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #828 on: November 12, 2012, 01:03:36 pm »

In which case their problems will continue the spiral that their previous bad decisions/policies led them to in the first place, since now they will be losing their key employees who actually make it all work because they don' t HAVE to sit there and take losing that part of their total compensation when there is another business right down the street who has the vision and clarity of mind to realize how important the "total compensation" package is.  Including insurance.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #829 on: November 12, 2012, 01:42:51 pm »

All of you need to be more concerned about the great unknown. Liberalism is bankrupt opening the door for the fascists.

Stern, who sees the same dark, irrational forces at work today that he watched as a boy in Nazi Germany, argues that the spiritually and politically alienated are the prime recruits for a politics centered around cultural hatreds and personal resentments. http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/12693-the-presidential-election-exposed-again-the-death-of-the-liberal-class

When Democrats lose elections, they blame it on not presenting an appealing enough agenda that would get more votes than the Republicans. When Republicans lose elections, it's because of Satan, or the media, or the wrong kind of people voting.

On Veterans Day, remember how the ruling class lets innocent people die for profit.

Fatty material builds up and clogs your heart and mind. Obamacare to the rescue.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #830 on: November 12, 2012, 04:32:02 pm »

Constituencies Bend Governor's Ear on Health Care

http://kwgs.com/post/constituencies-bend-governors-ear-health-care

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Looming decisions for Governor Mary Fallin on how Oklahoma will respond to the federal health care law are prompting an energetic, behind-the-scenes lobbying effort by hospitals, insurance companies, and other stakeholders.

Fallin is expected to announce within the next week her position on whether the state will move ahead with setting up a state-based online health insurance marketplace required under the sweeping law, or allow the federal government to set one up for the state. Oklahoma policymakers also must decide whether the state will expand its Medicaid eligibility to provide coverage to thousands of low-income, uninsured citizens.

The Republican governor has yet to stake out a position on either proposal and faces a delicate political balancing act in a state where Republicans have bitterly resisted the requirements of the federal health care law.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #831 on: November 12, 2012, 04:37:34 pm »

Remember, her "Constituencies" are below average.

Doesn't she have a proctologist on call?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #832 on: November 13, 2012, 01:04:02 pm »

Poll: Fewer Support Obamacare Repeal

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/11/poll-fewer-support-obamacare-repeal/

A record low number of American voters want to see the Affordable Care Act – Obamacare – repealed, according to a new, post-election poll conducted by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Obamacare was not the top issue driving American to vote, although nearly seven in 10 Americans cited it as a “major factor” in their decision choosing between the candidates, according to Kaiser. Voters who listed Obamacare as a major factor were evenly split between Republican Mitt Romney, 47 percent,  and President Obama, 46 percent.

But only 33 percent of Americans now want to see the law repealed. Romney had pledged to repeal the law and replace it with new policy. 43 percent of Americans view the law favorably and 39 percent view it unfavorably, according to the poll.

Seven in 10 Americans also cited the future of Medicare as a “major factor” in their vote. Obama led among this group, 50 percent – 41 percent.

National exit polls conducted on election day found 26 percent of voters wanted the law expanded, 18 percent want it left as-is, 27 percent wanted to repeal some of the law and 25 percent wanted to repeal all of it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #833 on: November 14, 2012, 10:20:45 am »

Oklahoma's governor will talk about health insurance exchange with GOP peers

Gov. Mary Fallin will make an announcement on Oklahoma's participation in the health insurance exchange after meeting with Republican governors later this week in Las Vegas, her spokesman says.

Gov. Mary Fallin will be talking with her Republican counterparts before deciding by Friday's deadline whether Oklahoma is going to form a state electronic health insurance exchange.

“We'll have some kind of an announcement, but after that Republican Governors Association meeting,” Alex Weintz, Fallin's communications director, said Monday.

The deadline for states to declare their plans to federal officials remains Friday.

The U.S. Health and Human Services Department late last week extended the deadline until Dec. 14 to submit a plan to develop an insurance exchange, which would align the uninsured with insurance providers.

States also can decide to develop a state-federal partnership or enroll residents in a federal exchange program. Oklahoma is one of several states that has not developed a health insurance exchange, as required under the federal Affordable Care Act.

“Governor Fallin is continuing to explore the state's options as they relate to health insurance exchanges,” Weintz said. “Her priority is to ensure the people of Oklahoma are best served by a system that increases access to health care, controls health care costs and does so in a way that is fiscally responsible. Oklahoma is not in a unique position; many other states are continuing to weigh what options best serve their citizens, as is responsible.”

Funding among topics

Fallin will be attending the Republican Governors Association annual conference, which begins Wednesday in Las Vegas. She'll be at that conference through Thursday. She leaves Friday for the National Governors Association annual meeting in San Diego. Fallin is vice chairman of the bipartisan organization.

At the Republican governors conference, discussions will take place on health care and other topics, such as looming federal budget cuts on the states.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahomas-governor-will-talk-about-health-insurance-exchange-with-gop-peers/article/3728032#ixzz2CDMhBAhU

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #834 on: November 14, 2012, 12:29:32 pm »

Wisconsin Lawmakers Back Bill To Arrest Federal Officials Who Implement Obamacare

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13/wisconsin-obamacare_n_2125468.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Nine Republican members of the Wisconsin Legislature say they would back a bill to arrest any federal officials who attempt to implement President Obama's signature health care law in the state.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the nine state lawmakers told the Tea Party-aligned Campaign For Liberty that they support authorizing "state and local law enforcement to arrest federal officials attempting to implement the unconstitutional health scheme known as Obamacare."

One of the nine lawmakers backing Campaign for Liberty's proposal is state representative Chris Kapenga (R-Delafield), who told the Journal Sentinel that he believes the health care law is unconstitutional.

"Just because Obama was reelected does not mean he's above the constitution," he said.

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker (R) has until Friday to notify the federal government if he plans to set up a state-run health care exchange. The governor has received pressure from both sides of the aisle, with Democrats urging Walker to establish a state-run system, while conservative group press him to continue to oppose the law.

Walker is expected to announce his decision later this week.

While governors have had over two years to decide whether or not to implement their own exchanges, many Republican governors like Walker delayed making a decision, holding on to hopes that the Supreme Court would overturn the legislation or that the law would be repealed if Obama lost his reelection bid. However, Obama's victory has reapplied pressure to Walker and others to submit their final plans.

On Tuesday, Ohio became the latest state to opt out of implementing its own exchange.

“We still think it’s best at this time to let the federal government run the exchange," Republican lieutenant governor Mary Taylor said.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #835 on: November 14, 2012, 12:45:16 pm »

I guess they don't realize that the Supreme Court is the one that gets to decide whether something is Constitutional? Or does it just take so long for news to get to Wisconsin they haven't heard that a decision was rendered some months back?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #836 on: November 15, 2012, 02:50:17 am »

I like this idea:

While some business owners threaten to cut workers' hours to avoid paying for their health care, a West Palm Beach, Fla., restaurant owner is going even further. John Metz said he will add a 5 percent surcharge to customers' bills to offset what he said are the increased costs of Obamacare, along with reducing his employees' hours.

"If I leave the prices the same, but say on the menu that there is a 5 percent surcharge for Obamacare, customers have two choices. They can either pay it and tip 15 or 20 percent, or if they really feel so inclined, they can reduce the amount of tip they give to the server, who is the primary beneficiary of Obamacare," Metz told The Huffington Post. "Although it may sound terrible that I'm doing this, it's the only alternative. I've got to pass the cost on to the consumer."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13/john-metz-hurricane-grill-wings-dennys_n_2122412.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003#slide=more259381

I don't eat in too many restaurants so I'm not paying the surcharge.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:52:20 am by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #837 on: November 15, 2012, 06:09:06 am »

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #838 on: November 15, 2012, 08:17:02 am »

You mean the "struggling smaller business owners" who have over 50 employees and make six figure salaries?
Just a reminder, mom-and-pop restaurants with less than 50 employees will be exempt.

If the "unintended consequences" of Obamacare is that there are less restaurant LLC's serving generic, well-marketed fast food, I think that would be a welcome change...

http://keller.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/18/more-myths-of-obamacare/

1. Although small-business lobbies tend not to mention it, businesses with fewer than 25 employees that already offer health insurance will be eligible for new tax credits; that will free up money for investment.

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #839 on: November 15, 2012, 08:37:18 am »

I like this idea:

I don't eat in too many restaurants so I'm not paying the surcharge.

He won't stick with it when he loses his staff and then his clientele when they find out what he's done. 

Bringing politics into business and presenting it to your customers is damned stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org