A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:55:57 am
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 120   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Protect Yourself From Obamacare  (Read 503368 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #600 on: May 24, 2012, 11:50:38 am »

I’m still solidly of the position that you can’t bring that many new people into the treatment and claims pool without premium costs going up regardless of all the new premiums coming in.  Time will tell.

I wouldn't disagree if it weren't clear health care isn't a functionally free market. The price always seems to go up no matter what happens on the cost front. That's one of the reasons I think single payer is basically unavoidable in the long run. Maybe it's possible to have a functional free market when one participant has to choose between buying care and dying, but I doubt it.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #601 on: May 24, 2012, 06:08:07 pm »

Traditionally, insurance at my company has gone up a few percent a year (4 to 6).  Last year, there was a 22% increase, presumably due to "anticipated adverse effects" of the health reform bill.  So, now this year, since they have found out that it really didn't work out the way they thought it would - costs going through the roof, etc - the increase was $3 per month.  Less than 2%.  So, the scare tactics spewed by the liars lying about some nebulous collapse of the universe just didn't work out.  Granted, we are not the biggest customer in the world but 160,000+ ain't just a tiny little irrelevant sample, either.  It is very statistically significant.

And even with the relatively few "extras" for people in place now - no 'previous conditions', kids eligible until 26, etc - I see many people using these extras and enjoying them.  And at the same time, since it IS Oklahoma - complaining about Obamacare.  Go figure.  I submit that if you are gonna benefit from some item, you really got no right to be complaining about it.  Especially since it is logical and has been very cost effective.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #602 on: June 06, 2012, 10:23:07 pm »

This is disturbing, no matter what perspective you approach this from:

(regarding community assistance programs set up by the states with ACA money)
When centers provided case-management services, such as filing an appeal for denied services, 76% of resolved cases were found in favor of the consumer — for a total of $18 million in savings, Hash said.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/story/2012-06-07/health-care-call-centers/55430834/1

Either this program is making a lot of insurers pay out on questionable claims or a lot of claims are inappropriately denied by insurers.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #603 on: June 25, 2012, 09:50:57 am »

The good news is that if Obamacare gets overturned this week the economy will get a big boost.
http://news.investors.com/article/615646/201206211729/court-rejection-of-obamacare-good-for-economy.htm

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #604 on: June 25, 2012, 10:11:43 am »

The good news is that if Obamacare gets overturned this week the economy will get a big boost.
http://news.investors.com/article/615646/201206211729/court-rejection-of-obamacare-good-for-economy.htm

That will make some heads explode if there’s a sudden surge in hiring.  Then Obama can take credit for unemployment dipping below 6% by November without seeing any causation whatsoever that employers have been reluctant to hire because no one knows the true cost of Obamacare in terms of payroll cost.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #605 on: June 25, 2012, 10:15:48 am »

And yet, companies have been trying to hire all over the place - if you believe the want ads.

And we have added 40,000+ just for grins and giggles, I guess...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #606 on: June 25, 2012, 12:29:19 pm »

And yet, companies have been trying to hire all over the place - if you believe the want ads.

And we have added 40,000+ just for grins and giggles, I guess...

That's because the private sector is doing just fine.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #607 on: June 25, 2012, 02:14:17 pm »

That's because the private sector is doing just fine.

The private sector is doing just fine. 

Well other than those 14 million in the private sector who still have a job and the untold millions who are under-employed.

Hey, what ever happened to crazy Aunt Nancy’s assertion that unemployment benefits were a boon to the economy?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #608 on: June 25, 2012, 02:21:59 pm »

The private sector is doing just fine. 

Well other than those 14 million in the private sector who still have a job and the untold millions who are under-employed.

Hey, what ever happened to crazy Aunt Nancy’s assertion that unemployment benefits were a boon to the economy?

They are!. . . and food stamps are the best stimulus that money can buy!

We've been living in the Keynesian nightmare, but the good news is that morning is coming!

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #609 on: June 25, 2012, 02:26:53 pm »

We've been living in the Keynesian nightmare, but the good news is that morning is coming!

How's that? Morning is coming?  What dementia are you living in? Let me guess, the Teaheads and GOP are overtaking the government and along with SCOTUS and Mitty everything's gonna be candy and nutz?

Hand ups not hand outs....
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #610 on: June 25, 2012, 02:49:07 pm »

Hand ups not hand outs....

Currently all we are getting is reach-arounds.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #611 on: June 25, 2012, 10:12:17 pm »

Being on food stamps can help you look fabulous...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtXW3S01IIo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
dbacks fan
« Reply #612 on: June 26, 2012, 03:07:16 am »

Currently all we are getting is reach-arounds.

Reach-arounds? All I got was a grab from behind and bent over. No lube.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #613 on: June 26, 2012, 11:04:09 am »

She's trying to bring "Death Panels" back kids.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77838.html

Three years after Sarah Palin boiled up the rage in the health care debate with “death panel” remarks, the former GOP vice presidential candidate is proudly sticking by her claim in a Facebook post Monday afternoon.
Palin charged in a August 2009 Facebook post that the Democrats’ health care bill would empower a “death panel” of government bureaucrats who can decide who lives or dies. The 2009 claim earned Palin Politifact’s “Lie of the Year,” but she said today that the president’s health care law’s Independent Payment Advisory Board makes life-or-death decisions.

“It was a pretty long post, but a lot of people seem to have only read two words of it: ‘death panel,’” Palin wrote today. “Though I was called a liar for calling it like it is, many of these accusers finally saw that Obamacare did in fact create a panel of faceless bureaucrats who have the power to make life and death decisions about health care funding.”
If the Supreme Court doesn’t strike down the entire health care reform law, “then Congress must act to repeal IPAB and Obamacare before it is indeed ‘too late,’” Palin added.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77838.html#ixzz1yv5k5okl
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #614 on: June 26, 2012, 11:54:09 am »

She's trying to bring "Death Panels" back kids.

When that's all you got, I guess ya gotta use it.  She will find people who are as stupid as she who will believe it.  That is the amazing thing to me....

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 120   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org